CFZ My hope in LB DeMarvion Overshown

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you watched the ESPN broadcast you know what I'm talking about. After Louis Riddick went on and on about how good Overshown is and how he's the most underrated player in the class they asked the panel what stood out tonight and Riddick goes right back to Overshown to Dallas. With Micah Parsons and DeMarvion Overshown on the field keep your head on a swivel when you're playing the Cowboys.

I mean, he could be wrong. He mentioned on Day 1 when they were linking Mayer to Dallas that he didn't believe in Jason Witten. He didn't see how he could get open in the NFL. Now that was obviously wrong but let's be honest, we watched Witten his entire HOF career and we can't explain how he got open either.

Riddick has a personnel background. He's not just a talking head. I'm hanging on to his evaluation to give me some hope in the pick because to me it seems like we just drafted him to appease Jerry's grandchild.

My hope is in Louis Riddick.

It's all I got after that Day 2.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Louis Riddick went on and on about how good Overshown is and how he's the most underrated player in the class they asked the panel what stood out tonight and Riddick goes right back to Overshown to Dallas. With Micah Parsons and DeMarvion Overshown on the field keep your head on a swivel when you're playing the Cowboys.
Those questioning this pick are in for a big surprise. He will be a beast. Custom built for DQ's defense.

chicago JK

Reaction score
We will see how he looks in camp. I will say with the type of players Dallas has targeted the last few years at LB, that a guy like Mazi Smith is ultra important. Now we will need to see if they are right on Smith but having guys to cause trouble inside allows your run and attack linebackers to make plays.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you watched the ESPN broadcast you know what I'm talking about. After Louis Riddick went on and on about how good Overshown is and how he's the most underrated player in the class they asked the panel what stood out tonight and Riddick goes right back to Overshown to Dallas. With Micah Parsons and DeMarvion Overshown on the field keep your head on a swivel when you're playing the Cowboys.

I mean, he could be wrong. He mentioned on Day 1 when they were linking Mayer to Dallas that he didn't believe in Jason Witten. He didn't see how he could get open in the NFL. Now that was obviously wrong but let's be honest, we watched Witten his entire HOF career and we can't explain how he got open either.

Riddick has a personnel background. He's not just a talking head. I'm hanging on to his evaluation to give me some hope in the pick because to me it seems like we just drafted him to appease Jerry's grandchild.

Overshown is a ascending player. After position and coordinator switches he really put himself on the map this year. I honestly think if he was able to play another year he could have been a day 1 guy next year. He will be a better pro than college player

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score

That’s what I am talking about, people talking this guy is a project or backup, this guy is like heat seeking missle. Get the ball.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I love the Overshown pick.

I keep coming back to Donovan Wilson but he just reminds me so much of him but bigger and faster.

With all the spread looks and QBs who can run you need guys like Overshown who can play linebacker like a defensive back.

One thing that jumps out to me is he can be standing still and then break on the ball and look like he’s shot out of a cannon.
There is talk he might be an edge rusher too and we just didn’t get to see much of it in college like Micah.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
He sounds more like a Jayron Kearse replacement in this defense. He’ll be a good pick. But do we have any true MLB to help in the run game? We saw the run defense took a big hit when LVE went down last year. I’m not sure if he’ll fill that void. So do we still need another MLB?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He sounds more like a Jayron Kearse replacement in this defense. He’ll be a good pick. But do we have any true MLB to help in the run game? We saw the run defense took a big hit when LVE went down last year. I’m not sure if he’ll fill that void. So do we still need another MLB?
Vander Esch.

People complain about our run defense but when Vander Esch played we were significantly better at stopping the run imo.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think most understand the 3rd rounder. That 2nd though!!!!!
Yeah I don’t even have a problem with the player I just don’t get what football sense it makes to draft a 25 year old tight end on the second round. Maybe he’s ready to play now though it’s rare for tight ends to do that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Vander Esch.

People complain about our run defense but when Vander Esch played we were significantly better at stopping the run imo.
At times yes we were better but early on in the season we sucked against the run. Seems like with the acquisition of Hanskins and LVE getting better as the season went on contributed to it.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Vander Esch.

I know. I’m wondering if we have anyone other than LVE. We saw the run defense fall apart after LVE and Hankins went down. We addressed NT by drafting Mazi and resigning Hankins. But it still seems like we’re relying on LVE staying healthy all season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I agree he has potential, but hes 229 pounds. Thats more of a safety type. Hes a guy that will play in the nickel a lot, not sure how soon.

My only problem with these QUINN type picks is what do we do when Quinn leaves in a year or two? Is the new DC going to know how to use a kid like that?

tm1119

Reaction score
Very similar player to Deion Jones who Quinn got pro bowl level play out of in Atlanta. I won’t be surprised if Overshown is the WIL LB over Clark.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Vander Esch.

LVE is a JAG. I know you said LVE "is the best coverage linebacker in the NFL" :muttley:

But he's not!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I know. I’m wondering if we have anyone other than LVE. We saw the run defense fall apart after LVE and Hankins went down. We addressed NT by drafting Mazi and resigning Hankins. But it still seems like we’re relying on LVE staying healthy all season.
This forum focuses way too much on run defense imo.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Same. I saw him rave about him, but I have my serious doubts. I just don't see him getting game time at all. I think he may take over from kearse next year tbh

Also as a heads up, I won't listen to any poster here that says hook em, because , 1, it's the most embarrassing thing in global sports and 2, they think every Texas player is going to be great, when in reality they're mainly turds,