CFZ My hope in LB DeMarvion Overshown

CampJR

Reaction score
Is it an issue if a WR or RB isn't really really fast? Does that mean no WR or RB without great speed has ever been good? Is it an issue if a QB has no mobility at all? Does that mean no QB who has no mobility has ever been good? Every player has pluses and minuses and being that weight is a minus. AGAIN, doesn't mean it can't be overcome. You are ignoring a negative by pointing out others who have overcome it. Not sure how else I can explain it to you if you don't understand that. You think he will be as stout at the point of attack and shedding NFL Lineman as a bigger LB?
You make no sense.. obviously different types of players that bring different values. DO don’t expected to be the thumper that takes on blocks.. do you understand how the Will LB plays or the responsibility of the 3rd down nickel backer? His traits fit those roles perfectly.

So since you made your points, I’m pointing back that same thing back at you. We have two sizable LB already in LVE and Clark. But this pick puts some combo of Clark, DO, Cox on the field on critical third downs..

By your logic, I guess you were hoping for a 2 down backer?

quickccc

Reaction score
Very similar player to Deion Jones who Quinn got pro bowl level play out of in Atlanta. I won’t be surprised if Overshown is the WIL LB over Clark.
Wasn't Deion Jones an established, well regarded LB coming into the NFL ?

While Overshown hasn't been a full fledge LB like Deion ?

And remember ex-safety Keanu Neal who tried to convert to LB per Quinn ?

I'm in more a wait and see mode.

stuckindc

Reaction score
I know. I’m wondering if we have anyone other than LVE. We saw the run defense fall apart after LVE and Hankins went down. We addressed NT by drafting Mazi and resigning Hankins. But it still seems like we’re relying on LVE staying healthy all season.
Clark taking the next step will be huge for this

stuckindc

Reaction score
He sounds more like a Jayron Kearse replacement in this defense. He’ll be a good pick. But do we have any true MLB to help in the run game? We saw the run defense took a big hit when LVE went down last year. I’m not sure if he’ll fill that void. So do we still need another MLB?
Maybe he will be the next Kam Chancellor.

Jarntt

Reaction score
You make no sense.. obviously different types of players that bring different values. DO don’t expected to be the thumper that takes on blocks.. do you understand how the Will LB plays or the responsibility of the 3rd down nickel backer? His traits fit those roles perfectly.

So since you made your points, I’m pointing back that same thing back at you. We have two sizable LB already in LVE and Clark. But this pick puts some combo of Clark, DO, Cox on the field on critical third downs..

By your logic, I guess you were hoping for a 2 down backer?
Now you are shifting to the particular player instead of the weight only which is what I commented on and disagreed with. On our team, we don't really play a typical Will LB and when we do a lot of times it's either Kearse or Wilson filling that role in the Big nickel that we often play on run downs. On the player in particular, like I said he looks to be a nickel LB and we need that because covering skills from our LBs have been poor. Like I also said we finally starting addressing run defense and one of the weaknesses there is a tackling machine LB which you don't get normally at 229lbs. But again, I wasn't discussing this team. I was commenting on 229lbs not be an issue at all for a LB just because there have been some elite LBs who played at or around that weight. If he had all the physical attributes he has and was 239lbs he'd have been a 1st or 2nd rounder.

My point is every player has pluses and minuses and being a 229lbs LB leans towards the minus side. He is even being called a hybrid LB/Safety by some. If you can't admit that you are either not understanding or just being obstinate or just feel differently about NFL LBs. Either way continuing the discussion is pointless because I'm just going to say the same ting over and over again and will just hijack the thread. It doesn't really matter to me if you agree or not as we are all entitled to our opinions.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there.

Either Dallas really likes someone on their roster at guard or maybe there is a tackle in college football somewhere that they think they can get later and kick inside..

Just odd that they have more confidence in guards on the roster than they do Ferguson and Hendershot to pass on Torrence.
Agreed but your under estimating schoonmaker

CampJR

Reaction score
Now you are shifting to the particular player instead of the weight only which is what I commented on and disagreed with. On our team, we don't really play a typical Will LB and when we do a lot of times it's either Kearse or Wilson filling that role in the Big nickel that we often play on run downs. On the player in particular, like I said he looks to be a nickel LB and we need that because covering skills from our LBs have been poor. Like I also said we finally starting addressing run defense and one of the weaknesses there is a tackling machine LB which you don't get normally at 229lbs. But again, I wasn't discussing this team. I was commenting on 229lbs not be an issue at all for a LB just because there have been some elite LBs who played at or around that weight. If he had all the physical attributes he has and was 239lbs he'd have been a 1st or 2nd rounder.

My point is every player has pluses and minuses and being a 229lbs LB leans towards the minus side. He is even being called a hybrid LB/Safety by some. If you can't admit that you are either not understanding or just being obstinate or just feel differently about NFL LBs. Either way continuing the discussion is pointless because I'm just going to say the same ting over and over again and will just hijack the thread. It doesn't really matter to me if you agree or not as we are all entitled to our opinions.
Ok then it appears we are debating for no apparent reason. I think the player brings value in a big nickel role. I don’t see us holding on to kearse for too much longer and I see this guy playing in that type of role DQ likes to run.

Here’s to hoping we got a player that they have a plan for. The kid looks like a playmaker regardless of size.