CFZ My hope in LB DeMarvion Overshown

JBS

Reaction score
If somebody can post the riddick analysis that would be great. Thanks

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Very similar player to Deion Jones who Quinn got pro bowl level play out of in Atlanta. I won’t be surprised if Overshown is the WIL LB over Clark.
He’s a chess piece and just a guy who makes your nickel defense better since he’s basically a hybrid player.

You need these types now days. I love this pick for our defense and front 7.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This forum focuses way too much on run defense imo.
Right its only been our biggest weakness for the last 3 or 4 years. Rams went for 200, Niners went for 170 in playoff games. Its literally what most teams try to attack when they play our D.

Last years niners game aside, it has been a big problem.

Didnt you see Parsons jumping up and down wanting the pick? Just listen to exactly why he WANTED Mazi more than any other player.

Dwight

Reaction score
I love the Overshown pick.

I keep coming back to Donovan Wilson but he just reminds me so much of him but bigger and faster.

With all the spread looks and QBs who can run you need guys like Overshown who can play linebacker like a defensive back.

One thing that jumps out to me is he can be standing still and then break on the ball and look like he’s shot out of a cannon.
There is talk he might be an edge rusher too and we just didn’t get to see much of it in college like Micah.
Prior to reading your comments I felt he could be developed as a possible edge rusher.

I feel this team is building up its front seven well.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is questioning the player. I think many of us were hoping for a mauler guard.
I just wonder if they could’ve drafted Torrence and got Schoonmaker later on haha. Like round 4 or 5.

I think what plays a big factor in all of this is they get to actually meet these players and their personalities have a huge impact on them getting picked.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Prior to reading your comments I felt he could be developed as a possible edge rusher.

I feel this team is building up its front seven well.

Think Donovan Wilson with possible edge rushing ability.. Sounds awesome to me.

RS12

Reaction score
Bottom line: if a 3rd round picks sees meaningful snaps on defense it's a win. We shall see.

tm1119

Reaction score
No way. Overshown is too light. Clark is built for that.
It’s not the 90’s anymore, LB’s don’t need to be 240. LB’s need to be able to run and cover, which Overshown specializes at.

Combine weights of some of the best LB’s in the NFL
Lavonte David- 233
Demario Davis- 235
Shaq Leaonard- 234
Eric Kendricks- 232
Devondre Campbell- 232
Shaq Thompson- 228
Matt Milano- 223
Patrick Queen- 229
TJ Edwards- 230
Nick Bolton- 232
CJ Mosley- 234

Demarvion Overshown- 229

And he has another 3 months in an NFL program to add another 3-4 pounds of muscle. His weight isn’t an issue.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s not the 90’s anymore, LB’s don’t need to be 240. LB’s need to be able to run and cover, which Overshown specializes at.

Lavonte David- 233
Demario Davis- 235
Shaq Leaonard- 234
Eric Kendricks- 232
Devondre Campbell- 232
Shaq Thompson- 228
Matt Milano- 223
Patrick Queen- 229
TJ Edwards- 230
Nick Bolton- 232
CJ Mosley- 234

Demarvion Overshown- 229

And he has another 3 months in an NFL program to add another 3-4 pounds of muscle. His weight isn’t an issue.
Its not about being a linebacker its about being an off the ball one and overtaking Clarks spot. Dont think its happening. He can be a great nickel linbacker/safety. I dont see him being in much on running downs unless its at safety.

Aven8

Reaction score
If you watched the ESPN broadcast you know what I'm talking about. After Louis Riddick went on and on about how good Overshown is and how he's the most underrated player in the class they asked the panel what stood out tonight and Riddick goes right back to Overshown to Dallas. With Micah Parsons and DeMarvion Overshown on the field keep your head on a swivel when you're playing the Cowboys.

I mean, he could be wrong. He mentioned on Day 1 when they were linking Mayer to Dallas that he didn't believe in Jason Witten. He didn't see how he could get open in the NFL. Now that was obviously wrong but let's be honest, we watched Witten his entire HOF career and we can't explain how he got open either.

Riddick has a personnel background. He's not just a talking head. I'm hanging on to his evaluation to give me some hope in the pick because to me it seems like we just drafted him to appease Jerry's grandchild.

My hope is in Louis Riddick.

It's all I got after that Day 2.
I heard his analysis as well and got excited. I love LB’s so I’m happy about the pick. UT is a mess so hopefully DQ gets the best out of him.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Trust in Dan Q and Will McClay. The 2 defensive picks so far should make an impact. Will be interesting to see how they use Overshown.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry can't find it. I always record the draft for this specific reason. You never know when a nugget will get thrown in there and it's easy to forget exactly what was said.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Never been impressed with Riddick’s analysis so I’m taking it with a grain of salt. But Overshown is an interesting player and a good fit for our defense. Staying healthy will be his biggest hurdle probably.

Sydla

Reaction score
If you watched the ESPN broadcast you know what I'm talking about. After Louis Riddick went on and on about how good Overshown is and how he's the most underrated player in the class they asked the panel what stood out tonight and Riddick goes right back to Overshown to Dallas. With Micah Parsons and DeMarvion Overshown on the field keep your head on a swivel when you're playing the Cowboys.

I mean, he could be wrong. He mentioned on Day 1 when they were linking Mayer to Dallas that he didn't believe in Jason Witten. He didn't see how he could get open in the NFL. Now that was obviously wrong but let's be honest, we watched Witten his entire HOF career and we can't explain how he got open either.

Riddick has a personnel background. He's not just a talking head. I'm hanging on to his evaluation to give me some hope in the pick because to me it seems like we just drafted him to appease Jerry's grandchild.

I have no issues with the 1st and 3rd round pick.

I got an issue with the injury riddled, 2nd round pick who was a pure need pick with a sexy RAS score.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I like him better than I liked Jaylon Smith even before Jaylon got injured in college.

Jarntt

Reaction score

Anyone have the clip? I couldn't find it by searching

CampJR

Reaction score

Lavonte David- 233
Demario Davis- 235
Shaq Leaonard- 234
Eric Kendricks- 232
Devondre Campbell- 232
Shaq Thompson- 228
Matt Milano- 223
Patrick Queen- 229
TJ Edwards- 230
Nick Bolton- 232
CJ Mosley- 234

Demarvion Overshown- 229

This is showing a great statistic. This guy obviously isn’t the 1st down run stuffer, but we play a 3 safety look on early downs and he can come down and support the run as well as play the nickel backer on obvious passing downs.

Some of you just don’t understand how this game is actually played and definitely down understand the scheme we run lol.

I love the pick, add his top tier ability to spy when needed is just a bonus

Proof

Reaction score
not the actual post pic commentary, but prior to the draft here’s his thoughts.

https://www.si.com/college/texas/.amp/football/longhorns-espn-nfl-draft-sleeper-demarvion-overshown

"If I were an NFL team, I'd do whatever necessary to make sure Overshown ended up on my team by the end of the draft. He fits so well as a 4-3 weakside linebacker and special teams playmaker in today's NFL because of his length, agility, speed and explosive hitting ability.

He entered college as a safety and made the switch to linebacker. And you can see exceptional instincts and physical downhill mentality. Overshown (6-foot-3, 229 pounds) has the speed to close in zone and/or man coverage assignments. I'm as excited to see how he develops in the NFL as I am about any player in this class."