My last plea to Jerry is do not sign Dak

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
Dak isn't a bad QB, but the guy hasn't won anything that makes him worth 37 million. What has he won? Good guy, but the dude will not bring us a ring.

I know this thread is similar to previous threads, but I beg of you Jerry. Do NOT sign him to a new contract. I'm good with a QB in draft and having him learn behind Dalton for a year or two. Dalton is cheaper and almost as efficient.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak isn't a bad QB, but the guy hasn't won anything that makes him worth 37 million. What has he won? Good guy, but the dude will not bring us a ring.

I know this thread is similar to previous threads, but I beg of you Jerry. Do NOT sign him to a new contract. I'm good with a QB in draft and having him learn behind Dalton for a year or two. Dalton is cheaper and almost as efficient.
“What has he won?” The most ignorant argument ever that’s constantly spewed here. There’s 53 players not 1.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dalton will be worth 10-15 million a year if we sign him as our starter. That is a great deal of cap saved for a guy that is almost as good Dak in this system. Dak is a better player but not that much better in a case where we shell out that that much money.
Dalton is almost as good as Dak? Did you even watch the games last year or were you on the game thread spewing nonsense?

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
Dalton is almost as good as Dak? Did you even watch the games last year or were you on the game thread spewing nonsense?
In this system, yes. Dak does not win many more games than Dalton last season if he wasn't injured. Probably 1 more. Potentially 2. Dak is better but he is not good enough to win us a ring. I want a player in the draft.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Does Dak play defense or special teams? Dak had the #1 offense in spite of Zeke Dak haters would do a 180 if this was prime Aikman or Romo. Romo got paid. Did you complain then?

ghst187

Reaction score
In this system, yes. Dak does not win many more games than Dalton last season if he wasn't injured. Probably 1 more. Potentially 2. Dak is better but he is not good enough to win us a ring. I want a player in the draft.

please see other threads on this board showing statistical probability of selecting a QB in the draft that will be good let alone better than Dak. Hint: it’s low, it soooo low.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

My only fear is if Prescott accepts a low deal as even he knows how underqualified he is for the job.
Dak is pretty much road-kill at this point in Big D!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Dalton will be worth 10-15 million a year if we sign him as our starter. That is a great deal of cap saved for a guy that is almost as good Dak in this system. Dak is a better player but not that much better in a case where we shell out that that much money.
I am not saying Dak should be signed, but Dalton is no more than a good back up. Spending $15 on Dalton is worse than spending $37M on Dak. I would rather they rolled with Gilbert.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tag and see if he recovers to the same level. Then pay him. If not, I'll take 2 #1s any day.