My last plea to Jerry is do not sign Dak

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sending direct messages to Jones via fansites reminds me of that old Yutetide favorite...

He sees you when you're posting
And he knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake

You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why
Jerry Jones is reading our forum

He's making a list,
He's checking it twice,
He's gonna find out posters' naughty or nice
Jerry Jones is reading...

Jerry Jones is reading...
Jerry Jones is reading our forum!

Ho! Ho! um *LIPSMACK* Merry Christmas!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
please see other threads on this board showing statistical probability of selecting a QB in the draft that will be good let alone better than Dak. Hint: it’s low, it soooo low.

Well, if not the draft, where do teams get a QB? FA, trade, UFA, or sign current QB. At some point, all teams have to draft QBs. And they do.

What is the probability when trading for a QB?
What is the probability when acquiring QBs in FA?
What is the probability with UFA QBs?
What is the probability when overpaying an average QB who has failed to deliver for 5 years?

Paying a good enough QB $15-20M can be better than paying a better QB $40M if the difference in pay is used for better players at other positions.

A bird in hand is not necessarily worth two in the bush. Especially when the bird in hand can’t fly until maybe Aug if everything goes perfectly and no hiccups with the second surgery,

Scotman

Reaction score
YES! Let's go get a new QB in the draft! I know people keep spewing the percentages of grabbing a better QB. I admit, they don't look good. BUT NO ONE ELSE HAS JERRY JONES making the choices. With his son at his side, y'all act like there's a chance we don't grab the right guy. You geniuses act like we would have taken Cody Kessler, Christian Hackenberg and Connor Cook instead of Dak if we had the chance. And before you say it, I heard the rumors that some of those guys were on our board. That's just mastermind Jerry distracting everyone. Jerry will straight up outsmart everyone again if we decide to draft a QB. Book that!

Let's just dump Dak and draft a QB again...AND DRAFT EVEN BETTER! If you're not picking up a Hall of Famer in the 6th, are you even trying? /s

Ridiculous. I've never been on board with the blank check, but I don't have the same confidence in ANYONE's braintrust, much less our own, to go out and draft a better QB than Dak.

pete026

Reaction score
Dak isn't a bad QB, but the guy hasn't won anything that makes him worth 37 million. What has he won? Good guy, but the dude will not bring us a ring.

I know this thread is similar to previous threads, but I beg of you Jerry. Do NOT sign him to a new contract. I'm good with a QB in draft and having him learn behind Dalton for a year or two. Dalton is cheaper and almost as efficient.
The odds that JJ is hanging out on CZ are lower than him drafting a good NFL QB.......

But not by much.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
YES! Let's go get a new QB in the draft! I know people keep spewing the percentages of grabbing a better QB. I admit, they don't look good. BUT NO ONE ELSE HAS JERRY JONES making the choices. With his son at his side, y'all act like there's a chance we don't grab the right guy. You geniuses act like we would have taken Cody Kessler, Christian Hackenberg and Connor Cook instead of Dak if we had the chance. And before you say it, I heard the rumors that some of those guys were on our board. That's just mastermind Jerry distracting everyone. Jerry will straight up outsmart everyone again if we decide to draft a QB. Book that!

Let's just dump Dak and draft a QB again...AND DRAFT EVEN BETTER! If you're not picking up a Hall of Famer in the 6th, are you even trying? /s

Ridiculous. I've never been on board with the blank check, but I don't have the same confidence in ANYONE's braintrust, much less our own, to go out and draft a better QB than Dak.

DRAFT ALL DEFENSE.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Fill holes with proven FAs and draft BPA. Start with that.

Sounds much better to me than grossly overpaying for an average QB which leaves few dollars for FAs and forces the team to veer off their draft board and focus on need instead of talent.

Did you use the same criteria for Aikman or Romo as you do for Dak, if Dak by your standards is average?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak isn't a bad QB, but the guy hasn't won anything that makes him worth 37 million. What has he won? Good guy, but the dude will not bring us a ring.

I know this thread is similar to previous threads, but I beg of you Jerry. Do NOT sign him to a new contract. I'm good with a QB in draft and having him learn behind Dalton for a year or two. Dalton is cheaper and almost as efficient.
hes not reading these sorry..

but thanks for the 1200th dak thread in 2021 2 months in..well not even 2 months,,

greatness

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Did you use the same criteria for Aikman or Romo as you do for Dak, if Dak by your standards is average?

Yes, I did. Aikman was lucky to have had all the talent around him. Aikman was a part of that talent but nowhere near the sole reason that team won. Aikman got greedy and went for the money short term and it killed the team. Aikman probably ends up making more broadcasting than he did playing.

Same with Romo. He was better than Aikman or Dak but let short term greed cloud his vision and not get a ring.

Same advice to Dak. Don’t go for the short term greedy cash grab. Not good for the team and not good long term for Dak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does Dak play defense or special teams? Dak had the #1 offense in spite of Zeke Dak haters would do a 180 if this was prime Aikman or Romo. Romo got paid. Did you complain then?
"in spite of Zeke". Unbelievable.

Yes...it's true...zeke had a couple bad games this last year. But Dak likely owes his entire career to Zeke. If not for Zeke astounding rookie year....Dak wouldn't have had the success. And Zeke has been good for Dak almost every step of the way. I bet of this team had stayed healthy.....QB's and O-line....zeke would have pulled out of the rut.

"in spite of zeke"......ridiculous.

(FYI.....I have been quite critical of zeke of late. But cant let this one go by.)

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yes, I did. Aikman was lucky to have had all the talent around him. Aikman was a part of that talent but nowhere near the sole reason that team won. Aikman got greedy and went for the money short term and it killed the team. Aikman probably ends up making more broadcasting than he did playing.

Same with Romo. He was better than Aikman or Dak but let short term greed cloud his vision and not get a ring.

Same advice to Dak. Don’t go for the short term greedy cash grab. Not good for the team and not good long term for Dak.

Owners are greedy. Majority of all millionaire athletes are greedy.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
"in spite of Zeke". Unbelievable.

Yes...it's true...zeke had a couple bad games this last year. But Dak likely owes his entire career to Zeke. If not for Zeke astounding rookie year....Dak wouldn't have had the success. And Zeke has been good for Dak almost every step of the way. I bet of this team had stayed healthy.....QB's and O-line....zeke would have pulled out of the rut.

"in spite of zeke"......ridiculous.

(FYI.....I have been quite critical of zeke of late. But cant let this one go by.)

Zeke last year: only 4.0 ypc & only 6 td's. So yes, in spite of Zeke, who rarely breaks long runs, & got paid to be an elite RB.

Last edited:

jnday

Reaction score
“What has he won?” The most ignorant argument ever that’s constantly spewed here. There’s 53 players not 1.
But you Dak-lovers are quick to point out his win/loss record when it fits your agenda. You can’t have it both ways. The QB position does have more direct effect on wins and losses than any other position on the team, but is you give Dak credit for the wins during the 2016 season, he also has to take the blame for the number of wins declining every year since then.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Owners are greedy. Majority of all millionaire athletes are greedy.

I am greedy too. We all are. So what?
I have made some short term greedy decisions I regret.

Think big picture and long term. No point in turning down a good job in a good location at $32K because you want $35K like your friend got in a different city.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
But you Dak-lovers are quick to point out his win/loss record when it fits your agenda. You can’t have it both ways. The QB position does have more direct effect on wins and losses than any other position on the team, but is you give Dak credit for the wins during the 2016 season, he also has to take the blame for the number of wins declining every year since then.

W/L are team records. Not 1 player. What's with the Dak lover stuff? I root for all who wear the star.