My last question about Romo in 2015 and then I'm done

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Why the hell was he throwing into triple coverage when the game was 0-0 in the first qtr? And then he forces another pass in the 2nd qtr when the score was only 13-3 in the 2nd qtr? I have to admit that was a extremely disappointing performance by Romo with this being such a huge game and to see him turn back into the Romo of 2008 was very frustrating.

I thought the only time you force passes is when you are down by 6 late in the 4th qtr and it's 4th and 11. Not 3rd and 6 in the first qtr with the score being 0-0. I am so disgusted with Romo I don;t even want to see him on the sidelines or the skybox. Don't want to see him anymore until the start of the 2016 season after that awful display on Thanksgiving

superonyx

Reaction score
Watch his post game comments and you will have the answer.

My take is he was feeling the pressure to force things to happen. After watching this offense from the sidelines struggle so much for weeks he felt great pressure to create.

He mentions how it's hard to be 100% mentally quick enough to diagnose converages ect when you are worried about taking a hit that would rebrake his bone.

Romo will be fine.
Success at the QB position is 90% mental. Romo knows this more than any QB I have heard speak.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Question: does anyone here actually think they feel worse than Romo does after that crappy game?
No chance. No way.

The dude is and will be tortured mentally for months now.

Last edited:

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Watch his post game comments and you will have the answer.

My take is he was feeling the pressure to force things to happen. After watching this offense from the sidelines struggle so much for weeks he felt great pressure to create.

He mentions how it's hard to be 100% mentally quick enough to diagnose converages ect when you are worried about taking a hit that would rebrake his bone.

Romo will be fine.
Success at the QB position is 90% mental. Romo knows this more than any QB I have heard speak.

well that makes it even worst and don't want to see his face no more until next summer

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Hope to not see you around either.
One of those fans who will ignore 10-12 great games just to pounce when a truly sucky one happens.
Pathetic

Because at the age of 35 in a big game pick sixes are unacceptable. Too old for that nonsense. And it was two of them not one and you expect me to be pleased at his performance as a fan?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Because at the age of 35 in a big game pick sixes are unacceptable. Too old for that nonsense. And it was two of them not one and you expect me to be pleased at his performance as a fan?

Who said pleased?
Did I say pleased?
Or even accepting?

Zordon

Reaction score
Hope to not see you around either.
One of those fans who will ignore 10-12 great games just to pounce when a truly sucky one happens.
Pathetic

Man Romo sometimes brings it on himself. He did it with his tweet and comment to Brady. Knowing we had to sweep to have a chance, it wasn't a good look for him to come out like that in his second game.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
well that makes it even worst and don't want to see his face no more until next summer

Dude - I know you're emotional and probably younger but really he admitted he wasn't ready. You need reps - it's why there's a pre season and a month of camp everyday. Until you've been there or can accept it you have to just let it go.

BTW - this isn't the first or last time you are going to be crushed about things with this team. Romo will be retired for 20 years and you are going to feel the same way about another guy down the road (probably another five guys). It's the nature of being a fan - you buy in, all in and you get what you get.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Man Romo sometimes brings it on himself. He did it with his tweet and comment to Brady. Knowing we had to sweep to have a chance, it wasn't a good look for him to come out like that in his second game.

True dat

Deep_South

Reaction score
Something was really wrong with Tony but he tried to go out there and do the job anyway and it didn't work out. There's no way we beat Carolina without him, so the loss of the game itself is really is no biggie. The loss of Tony is, however.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Dude - I know you're emotional and probably younger but really he admitted he wasn't ready. You need reps - it's why there's a pre season and a month of camp everyday. Until you've been there or can accept it you have to just let it go.

BTW - this isn't the first or last time you are going to be crushed about things with this team. Romo will be retired for 20 years and you are going to feel the same way about another guy down the road (probably another five guys). It's the nature of being a fan - you buy in, all in and you get what you get.

Just can't understand how someone who doesn;t have oatmeal for brains throws into triple coverage with the game being 0-0. That will stick with me all the way until next season

DandyDon1722

Reaction score

You know Z I'll be honest, you're right. It think it's that mindset that makes him great but also dooms him at times.

I always fight for him but he should've shown more maturity in that game. If he didn't have it (which he admitted) and was struggling seeing things because of lack of reps so he should've dumbed it down. He should've played it safe with dump offs and safer throws and just tried to keep us hanging around and done that every game until he felt he was back. I have no problems calling him out on things and Carolina was one of those times.

He'll be ready to go next year and with a better running game and improved defense we should be in the mix again.

cds99

Reaction score
Question: does anyone here actually think they feel worse than Romo does after that crappy game?
No chance. No way.

The dude is and will be tortured mentally for months now.

He makes millions upon millions. I'm sure he will make it through it

DandyDon1722

Reaction score
Just can't understand how someone who doesn;t have oatmeal for brains throws into triple coverage with the game being 0-0. That will stick with me all the way until next season

I know - and he shouldn't have done it and as I just posted he should've played it safe until he was fully back. It's fully on him and he owned it. I don't know what else to tell you except we have to accept that we we're snakebite this year from losing Murray on.

We can only go up from here so hang in there!

cds99

Reaction score
Sure, he'll make it through just as we all will.
Money has nothing to do with it though.

Money don't have nothing to do it with? Sorry but that is the all time dumbest quote. Tell all nfl players they are going to be paid zero dollars and see how many plays the so called game they love.

On the other note I know what you was talking about from the beginning. He made some poor decisions in this game. The whole team looks like a disaster and our record is what we are. Look forward to the draft and hope and pray we draft his replacement to sit and learn. If anyone thinks he is getting younger and will not have more injuries has there head up there ***.