My meaningless thoughts on the game...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;2378629 said:
On the Fox pregame, Strahan and Long voted Ware as the best defensive player in the NFL. I think saying Rat is the best player on the D is a bit over the top.

To borrow the same type of line Inman used...

I'll take the word over two hall of famers (one current, one future) over the word of some message board wannabe every time. Especially when one of them (strahan) played in the same division as Ware just last season.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Rack;2378713 said:
To borrow the same type of line Inman used...

I'll take the word over two hall of famers (one current, one future) over the word of some message board wannabe every time.

Wannabe what?

YAKUZA

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2378097 said:
-
I think I have to start with Brad Johnson, who is officially done with/stick a fork in him. If Dallas wants any real chance of winning against the G-Men, they need to start Bollinger which is a sad state of affairs, but we’re not going to beat the G-Men with a QB that can’t hit a 747 if it’s more than 10 yards away.

Certainly looked done, bad. And if he cant have success throwing in the perfect weather of a dome (STL) and Texas Stadium he probably isnt going to have any success in the Meadolands either

- The defense seemed to execute better as the playcalling didn’t seem any different to me.

I didnt notice much of a difference either...there may have been...seemed like the tackling was a better but that has nothing to do with the play calls

- One thing that frustrates me about the defense is that they get confused quite often pre-snap. Too many times did I see the pass rushing OLB get out of position and not make much of an attempt at rushing the passer.

I noticed that too...maybe thats one ofthe reasons why they said they were going to cut out some of the calls

- Something that made me a bit giddy….Roy Williams’ TD. I think Dallas, even with Romo, is not as good in the red zone as they should be. And I think one of the reasons is that they don’t have somebody that’s good at the jump fade route. Owens isn’t very good at it and is more of a stop fade receiver. Roy made it look easy and once Romo comes back, I like what the Cowboys can now do in the red zone.

I cant wait to see Romo healthy on the field with our receivers...RW is gonna have a big impact

- Jenkins still makes some rookie mistakes, but he seemed to have the light go off today.

he's gonna be pretty good

- This entire team could take lessons from Orlando Scandrick on how to tackle.

no doubt about this...the guy can hit

- I’ll say it….I think right now that Ratliff is the team’s best defensive player…even better than Ware.

I wouldnt agree with this though...Ratliff is a very good player and was an incredible steal for where we drafted him...but nobody in the league would trade Ware for Ratliff. Ware's the best defensive player in the league. I still think as good as Ratliff is at NT, he'd be a really dominant player as a 4-3 DT

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2378224 said:
Well, then I guess it's just a misunderstanding of terminology. To me, that's not more responsibility. It's just his position is more important in the grand scheme of things.

that's what having more responsibility means

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Rack;2378101 said:
You can say it as often as you want... but you'll be wrong every time you do.

Today I was seriously considering the fact that D Ware is the only guy on the team deserving a pro bowl appearance. Anyone else is a distant 2nd but we know that ain't gonna happen....

superpunk

Reaction score
I get off on being a complete prick to people I disagree with on the internet.

Terrible post, YR. I hate everything you write. Except the things that I agree with you on.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
superpunk;2379142 said:
I get off on being a complete prick to people I disagree with on the internet.

Terrible post, YR. I hate everything you write. Except the things that I agree with you on.

Cry more.

superpunk

Reaction score
Brad Johnson could totally hit a 747 if it was 10 yards or more away!!!! I disagree with this point wholeheartedly!

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2379125 said:
Today I was seriously considering the fact that D Ware is the only guy on the team deserving a pro bowl appearance. Anyone else is a distant 2nd but we know that ain't gonna happen....

Jason Witten most certainly deserves a spot in Hawaii. Anyone saying otherwise is certifiable....or really dumb.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2379051 said:
that's what having more responsibility means

Not really. I can be more responsible for a number of things, but that doesn't make me more important to the defense. I think what IR was saying was Ratliffe is more important to the defense than Ware is - which is still arguable - because he's the pillar. It doesn't mean he has more responsibilities than Ware. Regardless, it's a team game.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2379207 said:
Not really. I can be more responsible for a number of things, but that doesn't make me more important to the defense. I think what IR was saying was Ratliffe is more important to the defense than Ware is - which is still arguable - because he's the pillar. It doesn't mean he has more responsibilities than Ware. Regardless, it's a team game.

he doesn't have more responsibilities than Ware

but he's more responsible to our D's success, the context Yakuza used, since a 3-4 D will fail w/o a quality NT

you are right though, it's a team game

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2379223 said:
he doesn't have more responsibilities than Ware

but he's more responsible to our D's success, the context Yakuza used, since a 3-4 D will fail w/o a quality NT

you are right though, it's a team game

No. Yakuza said he's the team's best defensive player. IR said he was more responsible for the defense. You need a solid NT for a 3-4 defense. I was just arguing that doesn't make him more responsible or better than other players on the team.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
tomson75;2379174 said:
Jason Witten most certainly deserves a spot in Hawaii. Anyone saying otherwise is certifiable....or really dumb.

You are absolutely right, my mind was thinking defense but somehow my computer said "team." :eek::

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2379309 said:
No. Yakuza said he's the team's best defensive player. IR said he was more responsible for the defense. You need a solid NT for a 3-4 defense. I was just arguing that doesn't make him more responsible or better than other players on the team.

whatever the case may be, you confused what IR said

he wasn't saying that Ratliff did more than Ware, now makes more of an impact...? it's pretty close

since Ratliff is pretty much the whole line

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2379484 said:
And I'm saying I didn't. I said it was a difference in terminology.

that would make sense if you guys were talking about the same thing

IR is talking about holding a responsibility for the well-being

you're talking about responsibilities, roles

think of it like this, the NT is like a father w/ a wife and 3 kids, if he loses his job, 4 people go hungry, while the OLB is the single male, he may be a boyfriend, best-friend, teammate, employee, but if he loses his job, only himself doesn't eat

just like if the NT fails to do his job, the whole D, from stopping the run, to rushing the passer, collapses, but if the OLB doesn't get to the QB, someone else can still do it etc., that's why there is only 1 NT in the 3-4, but 2 of every, other position