My Opinion on What's Going On With Dak's Contract

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
In the end 55 or 60 isn’t going to make that much difference once you front load with huge signing bonus( last time was 66 million) and backloading Cap hits on final season ( this year 59.5 million).

5 million more per year won’t amount to more than a couple million per season on Cap hit if that. Which means it might cost us one bench player on the roster. Hardly preventing us building a better team.
Little tougher than that though because the first big contract was built on the heels of nothing. No remaining deals, just finite salary cap space. Dak has 40m$ in floating dead cap left after this year that would cripple a future contract. So the next 3-4 years will have yet another 8-15 million tagged on top of that 5ish million cap hit difference. Suddenly that’s a Demarcus Lawrence or a Treyvon Diggs difference

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jethro should be happy making 500 million a year with lower ticket prices . But why should he if the Market doesn’t force him to?

I’m not sure fans all understand how the Capitalist market is driven.

Or maybe they’re just on the short end of the stick cause of poor life choices they’ve made.

But if you are in the Top 10 of your class you can dictate and negotiate your value according to the Market which is driven by Supply and Demand.

It’s the same for Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Accountants, etc and Athletes.
Also, agents push players to take the highest offer as if it’s some sort of obligation to the next generation of players to do so and keep them on the rise.

Maybe, but there’s also so much more to things than AAV, but that’s how contracts are perceived.

Regardless, a guy in Prescotts situation can absolutely call all the shots. Stay if he wants to take something that appears to appease Jerry’s ego’s desire for a discount…..or start again elsewhere with a FO that appears to at least be trying to win and won’t blame his salary for being the reason they cant.

It really comes down to if Prescott wants to stay here or not. He is getting 50+ a year and around 200 guaranteed either in Dallas or elsewhere.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Little tougher than that though because the first big contract was built on the heels of nothing. No remaining deals, just finite salary cap space. Dak has 40m$ in floating dead cap left after this year that would cripple a future contract. So the next 3-4 years will have yet another 8-15 million tagged on top of that 5ish million cap hit difference. Suddenly that’s a Demarcus Lawrence or a Treyvon Diggs difference
I’ll have to see the final numbers before I can make an assessment on potential impact.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I would love to see Dak traded to the Iggles. They hate Dallas enough as it is, just imagine how much worse their hate would be having to take on dead weight Dak as their QB...
Dak fans think the Eagles fear Dak.

The truth is the Eagles have had the most success in their franchises history on Daks watch.

For Dak fans the Eagles are the Super Bowl. For the Eagles the Super Bowl is the Super Bowl.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Tua falls right in line with what I said in the first post, and there’s no way in hell you can convince Todd France that Dak is only worth a couple more million than Tagovailoa