My Romo argument from last week

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I said last week that Romo isn't concentrating on football like he used to since the "Ms Simpson" came around and someone said his "stats" are just as good as they used to be and that I didn't know what I was talking about. Of which stats themselves are meaningless, it's making plays when plays need to be made that count.

Romo was NOT prepared for that game last night. I don't think I've seen him completely prepared for any game this season. The man is extremely talented, but there is only one player I've ever seen who didn't prepare, but could still come in and dominate. That was Deion Sanders. The only reason he could do it is there was wasn't much to study. Know the receivers tendencies. (considering its one person that isn't much) All thats left is to just blanket the receiver and have proper technique. (turning your hips, etc)

When you're not just covering one person for the entire game, you have to study a lot more. Romo is probably at home watching "Employee of the Month" or someting with you know who.

Reaction score
Romo has been horrible...

He throws up balls expecting for his WR's to make plays... Ala Farve.

Except... Farve has a laser rocket arm and gets the ball out with space for his WR's to run to it.

Romo underthrew (as usual) 2 balls where the best ball hawking safety to ever play just happened to be. Or Romo overestimated his arm.

What the hell was he thinking????????

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Overall, I think he's had a good season. He is the only reason this shell of a team has a chance at making the playoffs. He will be the reason we win if we do. I think that Romo is the type of guy who would never make excuses. Therefore, I am quite certain his pinkie and his back have something to do with some of his misfiring the last couple of weeks. The way he is, he probably wouldn't tell a soul that. The guy had a hard time walking on Wednesday, and then played QB in an NFL football game on Saturday. There is no way he was 100 percent. No way.

Reaction score
nyc;2517469 said:
I said last week that Romo isn't concentrating on football like he used to since the "Ms Simpson" came around and someone said his "stats" are just as good as they used to be and that I didn't know what I was talking about. Of which stats themselves are meaningless, it's making plays when plays need to be made that count.

Romo was NOT prepared for that game last night. I don't think I've seen him completely prepared for any game this season. The man is extremely talented, but there is only one player I've ever seen who didn't prepare, but could still come in and dominate. That was Deion Sanders. The only reason he could do it is there was wasn't much to study. Know the receivers tendencies. (considering its one person that isn't much) All thats left is to just blanket the receiver and have proper technique. (turning your hips, etc)

When you're not just covering one person for the entire game, you have to study a lot more. Romo is probably at home watching "Employee of the Month" or someting with you know who.

Ahhhhhh! Jessica Simpson excuse.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2517516 said:
Ahhhhhh! Jessica Simpson excuse.

No, it's not the Jessica Simpson excuse. It's the he isn't concentrating excuse, but it's probably because he is concentrating on her!

sacase

Reaction score
Someone needs to pound it into Romo's head that he needs to take care of the ball better. He needs to be more aware of the situation and play accordingly.

On the first interception I am not sure who it was but someone was breaking towards the sideline that Romo was moving towards about 15 yards down the field. They were behind the coverage and wide open. If Romo would have thrown for them instead of throwing his jump ball, then it would have been at least a 30 yard gain as the next person free were the safties deep.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2517514 said:
Overall, I think he's had a good season. He is the only reason this shell of a team has a chance at making the playoffs. He will be the reason we win if we do. I think that Romo is the type of guy who would never make excuses. Therefore, I am quite certain his pinkie and his back have something to do with some of his misfiring the last couple of weeks. The way he is, he probably wouldn't tell a soul that. The guy had a hard time walking on Wednesday, and then played QB in an NFL football game on Saturday. There is no way he was 100 percent. No way.

Did you watch the game last Saturday? The man wasn't prepared for that game. I don't care how good a defense is, the QB shouldn't look that lost.

I don't completely blame him for it though. We had success running the ball early, and Garrett just stopped running it until much later. When we were running the ball, we actually could throw it abit too, but we stopped running it and stopped being able to throw it too.

I think Garrett is extremely intelligent, but you can clearly see he is still green too. He will be very good one day, he just isn't there yet.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He looked great at the end of the Ravens game and I just knew if we stopped them Romo would drive us in for the W.

But no.. Our defense gives up 2 long runs after Romo drives us down the field.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Romo doesn't have a strong enough arm to throw the deep ball. McNabb and Owens had success because T.O. is hard to cover once he gets the wheels turning, Romo just has too much fo a ***** arm to get the ball down the field to him.

It's a sensative subject on this board, but Romo's arm strength is the reason why he doesn't take those shots down the field. When he does, they float - and we realize our 67.5 million dollar QB can't throw a football 55 yards in the air. True story. I am still awaiting visual evidence that Tony Romo can throw a legit "bomb" in this league.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtqqrpwF6Bk&feature=related

This is the deepest pass I could find on youtube.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
GoinForSix;2517537 said:
Romo doesn't have a strong enough arm to throw the deep ball. McNabb and Owens had success because T.O. is hard to cover once he gets the wheels turning, Romo just has too much fo a ***** arm to get the ball down the field to him.

It's a sensative subject on this board, but Romo's arm strength is the reason why he doesn't take those shots down the field. When he does, they float - and we realize our 67.5 million dollar QB can't throw a football 55 yards in the air. True story. I am still awaiting visual evidence that Tony Romo can throw a legit "bomb" in this league.

Get real.

Was this your 1st Cowboy game you ever watched?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I was listening to Dunham & Miller this morning. They mentioned they r heaing rumblings out of Valley Ranch that there are those that are questioning Romo's preparation. Also there seem to be trust issues with the receivers and Romo. They r questioning his practice habits and Romo doesn't trust them to be where they are supposed to be.

sacase

Reaction score
GoinForSix;2517537 said:

Tony has thrown many bombs. I amnot sure what you are talking about. I am sure his back had a little something to do with the lack of distance.

My how soon we forget all the deep balls TR has thrown. Selective memory I guess.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
nyc;2517531 said:
Did you watch the game last Saturday? The man wasn't prepared for that game. I don't care how good a defense is, the QB shouldn't look that lost.

I don't completely blame him for it though. We had success running the ball early, and Garrett just stopped running it until much later. When we were running the ball, we actually could throw it abit too, but we stopped running it and stopped being able to throw it too.

I think Garrett is extremely intelligent, but you can clearly see he is still green too. He will be very good one day, he just isn't there yet.

The Ravens have a very good defense, and they can cause confusion. He eventually figured it out a little. I think the adrenaline at the end also helped him get over the back pain some. Like I said, he couldn't walk well on Wednesday night, then played an NFL football game against the Ravens on Saturday night. I have had pimples that would not heal in three days.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
BlueStar22;2517542 said:
I was listening to Dunham & Miller this morning. They mentioned they r heaing rumblings out of Valley Ranch that there are those that are questioning Romo's preparation. Also there seem to be trust issues with the receivers and Romo. They r questioning his practice habits and Romo doesn't trust them to be where they are supposed to be.

Oh, the old "grumblings out of Valley Ranch" crap again, huh?

grp05

Reaction score
I still think the pinkie is bothering him a lot. He's had the splint off for 3 games now, but all 3 opponents have great pass rushers. He was great during the Seattle and SF games, but those were wasn't much pressure. I honestly think his accuracy is more of a problem than preparation.

The thing is...I don't know if that's because the splint is off or because he's had defenders in his face 24/7. I hope it's the latter, because that gives me hope if we manage to get to the playoffs (not many great defenses in the NFC playoff picture).

Wrangler87

Reaction score
CATCH17;2517535 said:
He looked great at the end of the Ravens game and I just knew if we stopped them Romo would drive us in for the W.

That's just it. We never have all fazes of the game working at once. Have you ever wondered why we didn't steamroll one single team this year?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2517546 said:
The Ravens have a very good defense, and they can cause confusion. He eventually figured it out a little. I think the adrenaline at the end also helped him get over the back pain some. Like I said, he couldn't walk well on Wednesday night, then played an NFL football game against the Ravens on Saturday night. I have had pimples that would not heal in three days.

His interceptions came on impulsive decisions.

He wasn't confused.

Other than the 2 impulsive picks I felt his game was solid vs that defense and in the 4th quarter he went to another level.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CATCH17;2517535 said:

That is the offense fault. They hung the defense out there going 3 and out over and over and over again. The defense got tried. I don't blame them, I blame the offense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
GoinForSix;2517537 said:

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtqqrpwF6Bk&feature=related

This is the deepest pass I could find on youtube.

Throwing the Long Bomb has nothing to do with Arm strength and Romo has hit plenty to show he can. Long Bombs are more about timing with the WR hell he over threw Austin on a deep ball so it is not as if he can’t get the ball down field. If you want to gauge arm strength then watch a QB throwing the deep outs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2517553 said:
That's just it. We never have all fazes of the game working at once. Have you ever wondered why we didn't steamroll one single team this year?

Its the NFL man. I don't know what your definition of "steamroll" is but we hammered some teams this year.