My Romo argument from last week

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Daudr;2517595 said:
Bull. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29753&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter Try getting facts before posting, please. The Ravens offense were only on the field 32.5 mins - hardly enough of a difference to be a factor on the defense being "tired."

First half:
Ravens: TOP: 17:38 Offensive plays: 37
Cowboys: TOP: 12:22 Offensive plays: 28

The Ravens had the ball 62% if the time or 5 minutes and 16 seconds more in the first half. That amounted to 37 defensive plays the Cowboys had to run and the Raven only played 28 plays. That is a 9 play difference Now to make you understand what that means. I want you to grab a 15 pound medicine ball and run the 40 yard dash nine times while carring that medicine ball in 5 minutes and 16 seconds and tell me that it isn't a big deal.

Your post is asinine as you are clearly talking out of your ***!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
sacase;2517573 said:
I blame that on the Defensive call. There is no reason to stack 11 in the box when they still have the whole field to go. I know you want to stop the run, but we had been stuffing that with the base defense all game.

We had guys in position to make the tackle. If the player is in a position to make the play what more can the coach do?

I wouldn't have called that defense personally. But it still had the guys in a position to make the play and they didn't.

Daudr

Reaction score
nyc;2517626 said:
First half:
Ravens: TOP: 17:38 Offensive plays: 37
Cowboys: TOP: 12:22 Offensive plays: 28

The Ravens had the ball 62% if the time or 5 minutes and 16 seconds more in the first half. That amounted to 37 defensive plays the Cowboys had to run and the Raven only played 28 plays. That is a 9 play difference Now to make you understand what that means. I want you to grab a 15 pound medicine ball and run the 40 yard dash nine times while carring that medicine ball in 5 minutes and 16 seconds and tell me that it isn't a big deal.

Your post is asinine as you are clearly talking out of your ***!

Yes, because they clearly didn't get a half time break, nor did OUR offense not have a greater TOP in the second half (in case you are wondering, your own numbers prove they did). Yes, I'm the one that is clearly talking out of my ***. :rolleyes:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Daudr;2517582 said:
The first one I blame on Garrett. Why in the world are you calling a deep pass on like the 3rd play of the game when your QB has a messed up back? STUPID. Give him some time to get warmed up before you pull that crap, especially since the run was working so well.

We have a deep route on almost every pass we run.

That was the guy that Romo chose to throw it to.

Romo has progressions. He has reads.

Blaming Coaches for every player mistake is just laughable.

Garrett did have some head scratchers. The draw on 3rd down. The bubble screen to Roy Williams on the last play we had come to mind off the top of my head.

But Romo throwing it deep into traffic is on him. Not Garrett.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Daudr;2517638 said:
Yes, because they clearly didn't get a half time break, nor did OUR offense not have a greater TOP in the second half (in case you are wondering, your own numbers prove they did). Yes, I'm the one that is clearly talking out of my ***. :rolleyes:

Yes, you are. Especially if you think 10 minutes is enough plenty of time to recover. Besides, it not completely about how many plays you've played. It's about the difference in plays played by each defense. Every play tires you a bit more than the last. Every play more than the opposing defense you play the more tired you become compared to the opposing defense.

The Cowboys actually ended up with more offensive plays than the Ravens, the problem was that 35 of their 68 plays (more than HALF!) came on the final four drives!!! The Ravens wore down the Cowboys defense over the entire game, the Cowboys didn't do **** until the Raven too started to wear down. By then, it to little to late because the Ravens were already ahead!

I'm willing to bet, you won't understand that though. I'm done arguing with you though.

Cowboysfan22

Reaction score
I think its time to start lookin at some college quarter backs like colt mccoy for the future. I am not saying that we should get rid of romo yet but if next season is similar to this than in my mind is no good to us.

Daudr

Reaction score
nyc;2517669 said:
Yes, you are. Especially if you think 10 minutes is enough plenty of time to recover. Besides, it not completely about how many plays you've played. It's about the difference in plays played by each defense. Every play tires you a bit more than the last. Every play more than the opposing defense you play the more tired you become compared to the opposing defense.

The Cowboys actually ended up with more offensive plays than the Ravens, the problem was that 35 of their 68 plays (more than HALF!) came on the final four drives!!! The Ravens wore down the Cowboys defense over the entire game, the Cowboys didn't do **** until the Raven too started to wear down. By then, it to little to late because the Ravens were already ahead!

I'm willing to bet, you won't understand that though. I'm done arguing with you though.

I'm well aware of what I'm talking about - I've actually played football at a high level (not NFL). Believe what you want, but the defense lost us this game at the end.

Every phase of the game had a hand in the loss, but we were in a position to win on back-to-back possessions and the defense choked on the same play each time.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2517491 said:
What the hell was he thinking????????

According to him he was thinking "here is a great punt" on one of them.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Alexander;2517691 said:
According to him he was thinking "here is a great punt" on one of them.

Instead of Manny being Manny, its just Tony being Tony. But only one of them comes through in the clutch.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
nyc;2517669 said:

10 minutes of rest for a conditioned athlete is a ton of time. Just saying...

But like I said. We rotated a lot on defense in that game and no matter how tired they were there is absolutely no excuse for giving up those 2 long runs.

Were they tired after our offense had a long drive, went to commercial, kicked off, went to commercial again, and then gave up another 70 yarder on the 1st play?

Gimme a break.

starchamber

Reaction score
Romo needs to be competing for his job next year..Period. He makes too many mistakes for quarterback in this league. If he were a running back and fumbled once a game, no one would have a problem benching him. This team can not afford to have a QB that is almost guranteed to toss at least one INT per game and possibly a fumble to boot....Plus Romo is a poor leader. Any QB with a spine would have told T.O. to shut the "F" up and stop dropping passes. You think Aikman would have put with that? Dallas should 1.) hire a competent GM, 2.) that GM should fire the current coach and hire one with a "sack", 3.) that coach should fire the current OC and DC and 4.)they should draft a QB and sign a solid veteran. Trust me, I am a Romo fan, but doesn't it bother anyone that no one uses the term "mistake free football" and Tony Romo in the same sentence? And please....before anyone makes the Favre comparisons, at least Favre has led his team through December one a Superbowl....

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Ugh. This has to be the most ridiculus and frankly ignorant excuse I've seen anyone come up with. The guy has a girlfriend so he's not preparing to play football.

People that make this claim just show how stupid they are.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2517700 said:
Ugh. This has to be the most ridiculus and frankly ignorant excuse I've seen anyone come up with. The guy has a girlfriend so he's not preparing to play football.

People that make this claim just show how stupid they are.

**** you.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
starchamber;2517697 said:
Romo needs to be competing for his job next year..Period. He makes too many mistakes for quarterback in this league. If he were a running back and fumbled once a game, no one would have a problem benching him. This team can not afford to have a QB that is almost guranteed to toss at least one INT per game and possibly a fumble to boot....Plus Romo is a poor leader. Any QB with a spine would have told T.O. to shut the "F" up and stop dropping passes. You think Aikman would have put with that? Dallas should 1.) hire a competent GM, 2.) that GM should fire the current coach and hire one with a "sack", 3.) that coach should fire the current OC and DC and 4.)they should draft a QB and sign a solid veteran. Trust me, I am a Romo fan, but doesn't it bother anyone that no one uses the term "mistake free football" and Tony Romo in the same sentence? And please....before anyone makes the Favre comparisons, at least Favre has led his team through December one a Superbowl....

Well we better find one heck of a scrambler because this offensive line is pretty much worthless without a QB who can move and buy time.

Fortunately Romo is one of the best in the league at that.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
nyc;2517669 said:

This must be embarrassing for you... this thread.

The two 75+ yard runs had nothing to do with the defense being worn out. It had to do with them (Hamlin) taking bad angles and missing tackles. What were they on the field for 5 minutes in the 4th quarter?

You tried to spin the more plays stat against our offense, but you fail. The defense had plenty of time to recover in the 4th quarter. If they can't get up for two plays when the game is on the line, then they are soft.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Romo has the best coaching staff & offensive guru's in football (wade philips, jason garrett & wade wilson) managing him daily.

He also has the best GM the last 20 years around overseeing things.

Plus he's well paid so he doesn't have to concern himself with fighting for a roster spot or anything that might take away his focus.

No worries at all. ;)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CATCH17;2517738 said:
Well stop coming off as someone who is so clueless.
This coming from Catch17.
peplaw06;2517743 said:
This must be embarrassing for you... this thread.

The two 75+ yard runs had nothing to do with the defense being worn out. It had to do with them (Hamlin) taking bad angles and missing tackles. What were they on the field for 5 minutes in the 4th quarter?

You tried to spin the more plays stat against our offense, but you fail. The defense had plenty of time to recover in the 4th quarter. If they can't get up for two plays when the game is on the line, then they are soft.

Those bolded statements must be an embarrassment for you.

Tell me, why didn't they happen before the end of the game? Btw, they didn't have to get up for 2 plays, it was 66 plays.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
nyc;2517753 said:
Those bolded statements must be an embarrassment for you.
Touche... I completely understand your point now. Genius.

:rolleyes:

Tell me, why didn't they happen before the end of the game?
That's your argument?? That they didn't allow a TD run every time that Baltimore ran the ball, therefore, they must have been worn out? Wow.