My Romo argument from last week

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nyc;2517556 said:
That is the offense fault. They hung the defense out there going 3 and out over and over and over again. The defense got tried. I don't blame them, I blame the offense.

I understand what you are saying but I fault both. Everyone and their brother knew what the Ravens were going to run after Dallas cut the lead and Dallas defense flat out blew it not once but twice. I don't lay the entire blame on defense but yes they shared in this loss.

grp05

Reaction score
GoinForSix;2517537 said:
Romo doesn't have a strong enough arm to throw the deep ball. McNabb and Owens had success because T.O. is hard to cover once he gets the wheels turning, Romo just has too much fo a ***** arm to get the ball down the field to him.

It's a sensative subject on this board, but Romo's arm strength is the reason why he doesn't take those shots down the field. When he does, they float - and we realize our 67.5 million dollar QB can't throw a football 55 yards in the air. True story. I am still awaiting visual evidence that Tony Romo can throw a legit "bomb" in this league.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtqqrpwF6Bk&feature=related

This is the deepest pass I could find on youtube.

He threw a 75 yard bomb to Owens as recently as the SF game. What about when he overthrew Austin on Saturday? Did he overthrow because of his weak arm? C'mon man. Is this a troll?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
nyc;2517556 said:
That is the offense fault. They hung the defense out there going 3 and out over and over and over again. The defense got tried. I don't blame them, I blame the offense.

Seriously? They were so tired they gave up 70 yard runs back to back? Thats a joke right?

Especially after our Offense had been driving the ball a lot in the 4th quarter?

I don't care if our defense just finished a marathon. Nobody in HISTORY has ever done what they did.

We rotated players in and out the entire game too. There is no excuse for those long runs. Especially being tired.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CATCH17;2517568 said:
Seriously? They were so tired they gave up 70 yard runs back to back? Thats a joke right?

Especially after our Offense had been driving the ball a lot in the 4th quarter?

I don't care if our defense just finished a marathon. Nobody in HISTORY has ever done what they did.

We rotated players in and out the entire game too. There is no excuse for those long runs. Especially being tired.

You sound like you're going off the deep end.

sacase

Reaction score
CATCH17;2517568 said:

I blame that on the Defensive call. There is no reason to stack 11 in the box when they still have the whole field to go. I know you want to stop the run, but we had been stuffing that with the base defense all game.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2517559 said:
Throwing the Long Bomb has nothing to do with Arm strength and Romo has hit plenty to show he can. Long Bombs are more about timing with the WR hell he over threw Austin on a deep ball so it is not as if he can’t get the ball down field. If you want to gauge arm strength then watch a QB throwing the deep outs.

I don't know for sure. After the Austin pass, Sherman was talking to Austin and was making hand motions toward up the field. Austin may have run the route too shallow, had he turned toward the post, it would have been complete. Who knows, but I did notice that.

Skin

Reaction score
nyc;2517469 said:
I said last week that Romo isn't concentrating on football like he used to since the "Ms Simpson" came around and someone said his "stats" are just as good as they used to be and that I didn't know what I was talking about. Of which stats themselves are meaningless, it's making plays when plays need to be made that count.

Romo was NOT prepared for that game last night. I don't think I've seen him completely prepared for any game this season. The man is extremely talented, but there is only one player I've ever seen who didn't prepare, but could still come in and dominate. That was Deion Sanders. The only reason he could do it is there was wasn't much to study. Know the receivers tendencies. (considering its one person that isn't much) All thats left is to just blanket the receiver and have proper technique. (turning your hips, etc)

When you're not just covering one person for the entire game, you have to study a lot more. Romo is probably at home watching "Employee of the Month" or someting with you know who.

For real? Have you watched them play this year and seen the absolute beatings this guy has taken? Are you aware of the fact that he broke a finger on this throwing hand? How about the fact that he has a #@2 receiver (Roy11) who continues to run the wrong route at inopportune times. He also has an offensive coordinator who can't seem to adjust very well. Remember all those Ravens LBs running free and taking shots at Romo. So, when Jay Cutler has played like crap of late, is it because he wasn't prepared? I guess Eli's poor games this year are due to a lack of preparation as well.

At times Romo frustrates me to no end, but I also have to remember that this is third season at the helm and he is hurt. IMO, I don't think any other QB in the league would be more successful this season at the helm of our team. Tom Brady, P. Manning, etc. would get annihilated behind this line and in this system. The only reason Romo is able to stand upright many times is due to the fact that he has some matador in him.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2517570 said:
That is your evidence that Romo can't throw the long bomb? You got to be kidding. :lmao: :lmao:

Show me visual evidence that Tony Romo can throw a football over 55 yards in the air. Please.

I'd hate to see if we were in a hail mary situation.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
CATCH17;2517561 said:
Its the NFL man. I don't know what your definition of "steamroll" is but we hammered some teams this year.

What the Patriots did yesterday.

For as talented as this team is, we never beat anyone bad this year. That is because all three fazes of the game have never been clicking at the same time.

Daudr

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2517491 said:
Romo has been horrible...

He throws up balls expecting for his WR's to make plays... Ala Farve.

Except... Farve has a laser rocket arm and gets the ball out with space for his WR's to run to it.

Romo underthrew (as usual) 2 balls where the best ball hawking safety to ever play just happened to be. Or Romo overestimated his arm.

What the hell was he thinking????????

The first one I blame on Garrett. Why in the world are you calling a deep pass on like the 3rd play of the game when your QB has a messed up back? STUPID. Give him some time to get warmed up before you pull that crap, especially since the run was working so well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Wrangler87;2517574 said:
I don't know for sure. After the Austin pass, Sherman was talking to Austin and was making hand motions toward up the field. Austin may have run the route too shallow, had he turned toward the post, it would have been complete. Who knows, but I did notice that.

The Bomb has nothing to do with the arm strength. Romo has hit enough deep balls down the field to show he has ample arm strength to throw the bomb. Does he have the same arm strength as Farve? Not many QB's do but that does not mean he can't throw the long bomb. That is more of a timing rout that a test of one's arm. The tough throw is that deep out rout where the ball is almost thrown on a line that will show you the strength of the QB arm and Romo has enough arm strength to throw that as well.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
GoinForSix;2517579 said:
Show me visual evidence that Tony Romo can throw a football over 55 yards in the air. Please.

And Jamarcus Russell can throw it 85 yards in the air, but can't hit the side of a barn. Russell would kill to have a QB rating near 100.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2517514 said:
Overall, I think he's had a good season. He is the only reason this shell of a team has a chance at making the playoffs. He will be the reason we win if we do. I think that Romo is the type of guy who would never make excuses. Therefore, I am quite certain his pinkie and his back have something to do with some of his misfiring the last couple of weeks. The way he is, he probably wouldn't tell a soul that. The guy had a hard time walking on Wednesday, and then played QB in an NFL football game on Saturday. There is no way he was 100 percent. No way.
Stop making excuses for this loser.

Daudr

Reaction score

sbark

Reaction score
Romo in the pocket, stepping into the throw is alot diff than Romo on a rollout trying to throw a deep ball...but that is most any QB......its just that they probably realize it and Romo, having got away with it once or twice perceives a green light against the #1,2,& 3 defenses....doenst work

Doomsday101

Reaction score
GoinForSix;2517579 said:

Watch the games. Recently vs SF he has 2 deep balls to Owens. Get a clue the long bomb is not about how strong your arm is, Romo has throw 20 yard outs on a line that takes a hell of a lot more arm strength than it takes to throw 55 yards down the field.

grp05

Reaction score
5 Longest Passes of the Season

Tony Romo

1. 75 yards
2. 72 yards
3. 70 yards
4. 63 yards
5. 57 yards

Matt Cassell

1. 76 yards
2. 66 yards
3. 64 yards
4. 51 yards
5. 43 yards

Donovan McNabb

1. 90 yards (60 of those were after the catch)
2. 60 yards
3. 57 yards
4. 47 yards
5. 44 yards

All statistics from ESPN.com

Sorry if I'm not buying the whole "Romo has a weak arm" argument.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
GoinForSix;2517563 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s_asuI8JMQ

He gave that first throw everything he had.

Watch the next throw, gave that one all he had too.

I guess the Favre comparisons stop at how he handles the football, their arms are nothing alike.

The dude could barely walk last Monday and he still put quite a bit on those deep balls but not nearly what he normally does.