My solutions for a better 2022

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This wouldn't bother me at all. I still think the solution to the LG problem is moving Collins.. His footwork has clearly taken a hit so he is no longer an elite RT but he is still a strong and nasty SOB who lined up next to Tyron would just maul the left side.. and another year of growth from Steele should be the next move.. This lessens the urgency of getting help in the draft.. But either way I think it's a problem that needs to get solved.

Collins looks like a G but his best play has been at T. He's a weird one, IMO. Even at T, his technique is weird. At either position, he has little hip flexion. Doesn't work at G, where leverage is key to power, but he manages to make it work at T. I wouldn't give up on him at T. He missed a season and a half, and has only had half a season healthy since to get back into form. Though I wonder how his hip is doing. But whether or not he can regain form at T, he has never shown particular talent at G.

ESisback

Reaction score
After the pain of this latest nut kick has calmed down enough.. we must endeavor to figure out to avoid a repeat next season. Here's mine..

#1 ) Fire Philbin - The o-line struggles are on him.. These guys are too good to be getting whipped with this much regularity. he gotta go...

#2) and maybe 1a) replace Williams.. too many holding calls and too many times pushed back into the QB or the running back.. He gotta go.

#3) Pray somebody hires Kellen Moore away.. When teams are all saying the same thing about how to stop your offense (and it keeps working) then it's time for a new offense. The Cowboys have never been good when they could not run the ball consistently.. and Moore does not want to run the ball at all. He gotta go.

#4) Draft another Micah Parsons.. no not necessarily another super freak linebacker.. just another hungry play maker on defense. Failing that, get us a dawg for the offensive line to replace either Williams or Biadasz.. better if we could replace both.. maybe one draft pick, maybe one FA vet.

#5) Get healthy.. Captain Obvious right.. The big three of Dak, Zeke and Tyron being dinged up frankly derailed this season as much as anything.. Neither of these guys was the same player after their injury and the cumulative effect on the offense when THEY dropped off was monumental.

#6) Put all the DTs on whatever program Neville Gallimore was on.. Dude clearly put on 25-30 pounds of muscle this offseason and came back a completely different body type. He now has 1-tech size and 3-tech agility.

#7) Pay whatever it takes to keep Dan Quinn.. that turnaround on defense was amazing. Even in this playoff game after getting run over early the adjustments to slow the 49ers down were impressive.

I'm sure there are other areas folks would like to give attention.. but these were the first ones that leapt to mind for me. By all means.. please share yours..

I agree with all points, ESPECIALLY 1&2!

eromeopolk

Reaction score
After the pain of this latest nut kick has calmed down enough.. we must endeavor to figure out to avoid a repeat next season. Here's mine..

#1 ) Fire Philbin - The o-line struggles are on him.. These guys are too good to be getting whipped with this much regularity. he gotta go...

#2) and maybe 1a) replace Williams.. too many holding calls and too many times pushed back into the QB or the running back.. He gotta go.

#3) Pray somebody hires Kellen Moore away.. When teams are all saying the same thing about how to stop your offense (and it keeps working) then it's time for a new offense. The Cowboys have never been good when they could not run the ball consistently.. and Moore does not want to run the ball at all. He gotta go.

#4) Draft another Micah Parsons.. no not necessarily another super freak linebacker.. just another hungry play maker on defense. Failing that, get us a dawg for the offensive line to replace either Williams or Biadasz.. better if we could replace both.. maybe one draft pick, maybe one FA vet.

#5) Get healthy.. Captain Obvious right.. The big three of Dak, Zeke and Tyron being dinged up frankly derailed this season as much as anything.. Neither of these guys was the same player after their injury and the cumulative effect on the offense when THEY dropped off was monumental.

#6) Put all the DTs on whatever program Neville Gallimore was on.. Dude clearly put on 25-30 pounds of muscle this offseason and came back a completely different body type. He now has 1-tech size and 3-tech agility.

#7) Pay whatever it takes to keep Dan Quinn.. that turnaround on defense was amazing. Even in this playoff game after getting run over early the adjustments to slow the 49ers down were impressive.

I'm sure there are other areas folks would like to give attention.. but these were the first ones that leapt to mind for me. By all means.. please share yours..
To accomplish this...Fire the GM. Oh you can't he is the president and owner. Arlington Jonesboys will be back next year to disappoint.