My solutions for a better 2022

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I want to believe this Ronnie but again if we are honest with ourselves..How diferent is that statement from when Romo's core was good....Again there are few legite answers when the head guy is so bad....How is it we are always talking about the execution..and why can it never be fixed?

I have always had an issue with Moore's "take what the defense gives you" approach, which as you know he inherited from Garrett. It never just goes out and schemes to attack favorable matchups and that to me has been more responsible for the Cowboys downfall when the rubber meets the road.. We have had several virtually unstoppable receivers in Dallas over the past 15 years.. T.O... Austin, Dez and now Cooper.. and I think I can count on one hand the number of games where we have just fed him the ball and forced the defense to stop it. We have consistently treated every receiver like they're all created equal.. and frankly that as much as anything is why I want a new offense.. which means a new OC.. because I don't think these problems go away with the current guy..

fansince68

Reaction score
Not really. Watch Kurt Warner's breakdown. Throws are there. Windows are missed.
I've watched Dak, he's late too often with his throws. Missing a window is a product of not throwing the ball AT THE RIGHT TIME. Timing is sooooo important. Dak doesn't have it.

dckid

Reaction score
It takes forever for pass plays to develop then Dak is late with the throw or throws it behind the receiver
The Peter principle is how I define Dak. A person who is competent at their job will be promoted eventually to a place where they are no longer competent.
Dictionary definition of these good QB's. Game set match. Your serve @RonnieT24

Forneymike

Reaction score
As long as Dak is here making 40 million a year expect nothing.
He only accounted for a 17 million dollar hit this year and 34 next year...not sure where you get your numbers until later in the contract...research is your friend...by the way the cap will go up around 20 million for next year....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He only accounted for a 17 million dollar hit this year and 34 next year...not sure where you get your numbers until later in the contract...research is your friend...by the way the cap will go up around 20 million for next year....

Im well aware of his cap hit, the team it allowed us to have this year, and the team it will allow us going forward.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The Peter principle is how I define Dak. A person who is competent at their job will be promoted eventually to a place where they are no longer competent.
Dictionary definition of these good QB's. Game set match. Your serve @RonnieT24

Dak IS a good QB.. The question is and always has been can he become a GREAT QB. He was trending in that direction before he got hurt. I'm going to hang onto that rather than jumping up and down to declare that the guy we saw later in the season is more indicative of who he is than the guy we saw before he got hurt. People don't have to agree with my take.. but it's still going to be my take regardless. I am a problem solver by trade.. and I generally don't give up until the problem is solved. Dak may never become a great QB.. but I'll be damned if I sit here for the next three years rooting against him just so I can come here and crow about being "right."

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak IS a good QB.. The question is and always has been can he become a GREAT QB. He was trending in that direction before he got hurt. I'm going to hang onto that rather than jumping up and down to declare that the guy we saw later in the season is more indicative of who he is than the guy we saw before he got hurt. People don't have to agree with my take.. but it's still going to be my take regardless. I am a problem solver by trade.. and I generally don't give up until the problem is solved. Dak may never become a great QB.. but I'll be damned if I sit here for the next three years rooting against him just so I can come here and crow about being "right."

I get that and will probably come back around..but right now I'm pissed they laid down in another playoff game after being ran through the coals all week in the media....it just doesnt sit well with me.

Forneymike

Reaction score
Im well aware of his cap hit, the team it allowed us to have this year, and the team it will allow us going forward.
oh..sorry...you said it cost us 40 million a year which is not correct so I'm not sure what you are saying....the contract will be restructured many times....Dak's contract will never keep us from getting someone we want....Dak's play might but if he is bad, you think it's ok if he makes 15 or 40 million....if he is bad he is bad, forget the money....Jerry can pay whoever he want and if he wants someone, the cap won't stop him

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
oh..sorry...you said it cost us 40 million a year which is not correct so I'm not sure what you are saying....the contract will be restructured many times....Dak's contract will never keep us from getting someone we want....Dak's play might but if he is bad, you think it's ok if he makes 15 or 40 million....if he is bad he is bad, forget the money....Jerry can pay whoever he want and if he wants someone, the cap won't stop him

I’m not going to break down his yearly cap hit when I speak about his contract now or ever. If that upsets your ignore my posts.

dckid

Reaction score
I've watched Dak, he's late too often with his throws. Missing a window is a product of not throwing the ball AT THE RIGHT TIME. Timing is sooooo important. Dak doesn't have it.
Dude, you are a bit mean you.. never giving out likes. I tend to like your take even though i vehemently disagree with the path you seem to follow.
I am also a problem solver, and I try to think around first principles. The problem with this organization is not admitting they made a mistake and doubling down on stupid.

Forneymike

Reaction score
I’m not going to break down his yearly cap hit when I speak about his contract now or ever. If that upsets your ignore my posts.
Doesn't upset me...LOL...I don't care but I will call out inaccurate information...you spout opinions like you know what you are talking about...your posts are starting to look like the Cowboys performance on Sunday......bottom line, his contract won't hurt this team, his play will if he doesn't fix it...you hate him I get it but don't act like we could get a better solution at a cheaper price

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

This is correct

lego_sage

Reaction score
I have some thoughts on just a few tweanks we can make to get a little better next year without having to do anything drastic or completely rebuild. We have a damn (pardon my language) fine team and it will be so for a long time. My ideas may seem a little radical at first but I've put a lot of thought into this - and I was a long snapper in high school so this isn't my first rodeo.

1) Get a QB who can punt. Remember Danny White? He wasn't just one of our best quarterbacks ever but he also punted the damn (again, sorry) ball! If we had a QB that could serve both functions it would free up a roster spot. I believe this would have a domino effect because we could use that extra roster spot to add depth to another position, like running back, linebacker, defensive tackle, long snapper, quarterback, or punter. Furthermore... think about it... There would be a punt fake threat on every punt we make, forcing opponents to move up. Their field position would suffer as a result and we'd have a big cumulative advantage in each game. I'm not suggesting we sign Danny White - though that would be awesome - but maybe he could be a position coach or come in as a consultant for Dak, Coop, Ben, or a draftee. It's like we'd have one more player than every other team, and that may be all we need since we're really just a hair off here.

2) Consider bringing back Jason Garrett. Remember blaming Jason Garrett for all of our woes? All those years of success and hanging it on him just because we don't get to the big game? We had the perfect setup with Garrett. He went to Rutgers so you know he's super smart. He already played for Dem Boyz, so he knows the team. Aikman always has good things to say about him. But, no! Everyone had to have Mister Wonderful Mike McCarthy! Where did that get us? Right where we were with Garrett. So he won a Super Bowl, big deal. Everybody knows Dez caught that ball. Who couldn't win with Aaron "I look like Ryan from The Office" Rodgers? Yeah, I know Garrett didn't punt but that doesn't matter because he would just be a coach, or maybe a consultant. Coaches can be fired and come back, the Yankees used to do it all the time. Plus Garrett has more rings than McCarthy!

3) Stop caring about little meaningless victories. A couple of weeks ago we beat the Eagles' practice squad with our starters and everyone here was acting like we just defeated Spain in the battle of Normandy. Instead of taking a victory lap over that meaningless darn (cleaned up my language) game, we should have been a little worried that they were hanging with us for most of the first half. It should have woken us up to how maybe we could use that extra roster spot I mentioned in the first half and how maybe a certain redheaded coach who went to college in New Jersey (not mentioning any names, hint hint) might have more insight into playing well against a Philadelphia team than Mike stinkin' McCarthy. The Eagles won a Super Bowl just a few years ago and we haven't even been there forever. plus they were only one win away from actually playing us for the division in that final game. I'm not comfortable with that.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dude, you are a bit mean you.. never giving out likes. I tend to like your take even though i vehemently disagree with the path you seem to follow.
I am also a problem solver, and I try to think around first principles. The problem with this organization is not admitting they made a mistake and doubling down on stupid.

Sorry bro... I will be the first to admit I don't fully grasp the whole "likes" thing.. I remember it from Facebook and never really understood it there either.. occupational hazard of being an old fart I guess. I shall endeavor to do better.. I do respect the ability to disagree with takes without turning it into schoolyard name calling.. The main issue I have with the Cowboys is somewhere along the way they lost their identity.. I liked this team better when it was a smash mouth pound the rock team. If we had that team now with the current defense our team would still be playing.. The biggest disconnect by far in the organization is between the front office and Kellen Moore. Jerry signed Zeke to be the bellcow of a smash mouth offense but the moment they handed the OC job to more they stopped being that type of offense.. I don't know how they fix that.. Either Zeke has to go or Moore has to.. Since Zeke is owed like 13 million dollars this year.. I think he stays.. at least one more year..

Bleedblue12

Reaction score
Unitl Jerry gives of control of the operations of the team, which he will never do, Dallas will never win another Super Bowl. Jerry surrounds himself with "yes-men" so this subject is moot. The Cowboys are not a very good team right now and I don't see them getting any better in the future...so sad for us who bleed blue!

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry bro... I will be the first to admit I don't fully grasp the whole "likes" thing.. I remember it from Facebook and never really understood it there either.. occupational hazard of being an old fart I guess. I shall endeavor to do better.. I do respect the ability to disagree with takes without turning it into schoolyard name calling.. The main issue I have with the Cowboys is somewhere along the way they lost their identity.. I liked this team better when it was a smash mouth pound the rock team. If we had that team now with the current defense our team would still be playing.. The biggest disconnect by far in the organization is between the front office and Kellen Moore. Jerry signed Zeke to be the bellcow of a smash mouth offense but the moment they handed the OC job to more they stopped being that type of offense.. I don't know how they fix that.. Either Zeke has to go or Moore has to.. Since Zeke is owed like 13 million dollars this year.. I think he stays.. at least one more year..
@ Risen can you explain likes to Ronnie. :thumbup: