My son's mom was an illegal immigrant when she was 2 months old

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbieruff

Reaction score
My son's mom came here in the back of a white lady's trunk when she was two months old. She got naturalized at age 16. Is about to get her Masters degree from Azusa Pacific (a Christian college). Got her bachelors from Cal State Fullerton.

Her mom and dad are successful (her dad created and runs Ace Overhead).

Her tías and tíos (aunts and uncles) are incredibly succesful. Like stupid successful in swap meets and re-selling cars. They all have homes in Glendora.

My son is half Mexican. I am full blooded Irish.

I love my son. I love my son's mom. When I was married I'd kill someone trying to deport her aunts and uncles.

I'd do life in prison.

My little boy deserves to see all of his family.

I'm not political. I'm for humanity. And I'm also for my family. My son's family is my family.
Preach!!! Oh. And I’d bust u out bro. No prison holdin my boy!?!

Kaiser

Reaction score
That would be an affirmitative, sir.

Just out of curiosity, why didn't they apply for citizenship? Basically everyone I know that wasn't a citizen, from whatever country of origin, applied for citizenship.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I would be for some sort of amnesty or work visa program, IF they would fix the border security issue so we aren't sitting here in 10 years having the same conversations.

I also believe that once amnesty is given there should be punishment for any businesses who hire people who aren't citizens or don't have work visas, and cut off all aid to non-citizens. This would remove the incentives for people to come here and live off the backs of hard working Americans.

We need to be humane, but also realistic.

Great post. If it was me, we would have a big guest worker program and greatly increase the H-1B Visa program for high skilled jobs like programmers from India. But we would enforce the existing immigration laws.

Something else I've believed for many years is that the US should have a Foreign Legion like France does. Whenever there is a humanitarian issue like Darfur or Syria, the US won't send troops because they are afraid of losing soldiers. A Foreign Legion solves that issue.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I am light skin with brown hair and colored eyes. When I was a baby random people would assume my mom was my babysitter because I looked like a white kid and my mom did not.

My kids look exactly like that and the same thing drives my wife nuts. I'm white and she is a dark skinned Coptic girl that people will guess is Black, Latina or Indian. When our kids were younger women would come up to her at the park and ask her how much she charged for babysitting. She would always rip them, but in a controlled, polite way.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
My son's mom came here in the back of a white lady's trunk when she was two months old. She got naturalized at age 16. Is about to get her Masters degree from Azusa Pacific (a Christian college). Got her bachelors from Cal State Fullerton.

Her tías and tíos (aunts and uncles) are incredibly succesful. Like stupid successful in swap meets and re-selling cars. They all have homes in Glendora.

I love my son. I love my son's mom. When I was married I'd kill someone trying to deport her aunts and uncles.

I'd do life in prison.

I'm not political. I'm for humanity. And I'm also for my family. My son's family is my family.
Well, quality time is best.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, why didn't they apply for citizenship? Basically everyone I know that wasn't a citizen, from whatever country of origin, applied for citizenship.
They have, but only recently (within the last ten years). Two of her uncles have it, two don't (tho they have children whom are obviously citizens). One of her uncles has had his paperwork for years, Kai.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This implies that undocumented workers are only crossing through touching borders. Don't forget about the ones that come illegally from Europe, Australia, china, Japan, india, etc.
They do have to cross a border one way or other.
I always get a morbid kick out of going through Customs when I re-enter the country from either business or vacation. So much scrutiny and documentation required. Little old ladies being picked apart...lol. meanwhile, not far away, thousands just parade across a border with nobody knowing their name or intentions. They literally could be Isis and nobody would know.

We really should at least know who (every single person, no exceptions) is coming in, how long they plan to stay, and what they plan to do while here.
It's not at all too much to ask.
I fully welcome it.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Yes they do, my point was that when people hear "illegals" the assumption automatically is that it's only Mexicans and other latinos that are coming/crossing/entering the country illegally. Hence the wall.

I was clarifying illegals are not only Mexican or people who cross through borders that touch the United States. they are everyone not born in the USA or a US territory which includes white and non-white foreigners.

They do have to cross a border one way or other.
I always get a morbid kick out of going through Customs when I re-enter the country from either business or vacation. So much scrutiny and documentation required. Little old ladies being picked apart...lol. meanwhile, not far away, thousands just parade across a border with nobody knowing their name or intentions. They literally could be Isis and nobody would know.

We really should at least know who (every single person, no exceptions) is coming in, how long they plan to stay, and what they plan to do while here.
It's not at all too much to ask.
I fully welcome it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
My kids look exactly like that and the same thing drives my wife nuts. I'm white and she is a dark skinned Coptic girl that people will guess is Black, Latina or Indian. When our kids were younger women would come up to her at the park and ask her how much she charged for babysitting. She would always rip them, but in a controlled, polite way.
Oh man...:laugh:I bet that royally ticked her off. As it should have. I'm laughing but...just imagining being in her shoes....wow.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

I'd do life in prison.

Wait, you're Irish? OMG DEPORT HIM!

sacase

Reaction score
I commend your stance, Trouty. Just wish you could have seen the light prior and been educating people on the issue.

Immigration is not a federal issue, per article 1, section 9 of the US constitution, it is a state and local issue.

Further, federal government is not constitutionally allowed to own land outside of Washington DC. Thus, they have no place to build walls and borders.

Border lands were expected to be owned by you and I, citizens, for private use.

As such, each individual owner is allowed to decide who comes onto their property. Just like the white lady could decide your son's mom could be in her pickup, no difference.

The problem is two fold:

1) People do not understand resident vs. citizen. Immigrants are residents, naturalized residents are citizens, but they are 2 separate classes. You can be just a resident.
2) People are upset they're being given tax dollars as welfare. Well, how about we QUIT HANDING OUT WELFARE!

Problem solved.

Umm I really hope you realize that Article 1 Section 9 of the Constitution refers to slavery not immigration.

shabazz

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, changes my outlook on illegal aliens for sure

Excellent display of the me generation

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Umm I really hope you realize that Article 1 Section 9 of the Constitution refers to slavery not immigration.

It refers to the "migration of persons" which is exactly immigration.

The word immigration is never actually used...only the definition.

Dodger12

Reaction score
https://www.thoughtco.com/constitution-article-i-section-9-3322344

Clause 1: Importation of Slaves

"Clause 1: The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person."

Explanation: This clause relates to the slave trade. It prevented Congress from restricting the importation of slaves prior to 1808. It did allow Congress to levy a duty of up to 10 dollars for each slave. In 1807, the international slave trade was blocked and no more slaves were allowed to be imported into the US.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
You sure? A search of the net says otherwise if you search it's meaning.

100% sure. Just because it was specifically written because of slave trade at the time doesnt mean the word "migration" suddenly changed meaning.

Migration is still migration.

In fact, slaves were imported. NO slaves migrated, which is a free choice of an individual. Migration is an action you do, importation is an action someone else does.

This is why they explicitly included BOTH words. Had it just said importation, your understanding would be correct, but they included migration.

Status
Not open for further replies.