My thoughts 7.23 on the Elliott situation

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
All these distractions are irritating for a fan, i cant even imagine what its like for a coach and even more for Jerry. This guy has to make better choices plain and simple. Hes a grown man so its not like Jerry or JG should have to hold his hand.

Elliots continuous issues and his inability to stay out of the news is concerning. Wether he's guilty or not, its a distraction. The NFL isnt playing games with these players anymore. Anything that will draw negative attention to the league ur going to miss games. Elliot is a product of this generation where its more about fame for them. They need the attention. If i was Jerry i would try and trade him and draft another RB. Elliot will have a ton of value. But he will be a Cowboy for a long time. Love what Elliot brings to the team on the field. But with the way he chooses to live off the field should scare this organization.

Think Elliot will surely miss 1 to 2 games, IDK could be more with new things that have happened. If its more than the 1 to 2 games i would hope this team gives Dangelo Williams a call.

While i would try and trade Elliot, it wont happen. Think the safer bet is Dallas could draft a RB higher in 2018 as insurance. Bo Scarbrough in RD 2 would do it for me.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
All these distractions are irritating for a fan, i cant even imagine what its like for a coach and even more for Jerry. This guy has to make better choices plain and simple. Hes a grown man so its not like Jerry or JG should have to hold his hand.

Elliots continuous issues and his inability to stay out of the news is concerning. Wether he's guilty or not, its a distraction. The NFL isnt playing games with these players anymore. Anything that will draw negative attention to the league ur going to miss games. Elliot is a product of this generation where its more about fame for them. They need the attention. If i was Jerry i would try and trade him and draft another RB. Elliot will have a ton of value. But he will be a Cowboy for a long time. Love what Elliot brings to the team on the field. But with the way he chooses to live off the field should scare this organization.

Think Elliot will surely miss 1 to 2 games, IDK could be more with new things that have happened. If its more than the 1 to 2 games i would hope this team gives Dangelo Williams a call.

While i would try and trade Elliot, it wont happen. Think the safer bet is Dallas could draft a RB higher in 2018 as insurance. Bo Scarbrough in RD 2 would do it for me.

Trading Zeke would be a huge overreaction at this point. They gave Randle a year and a half, and he's not even a 1\3 of the player Zeke is. Let's see where we are after year 3.

I would however start looking for a better backup RB only because I'm not really high on either DMac or Morris.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Williams I believe said he doesn't want to play for the Cowboys. Hopefully, Elliot will learn from this and be more professional off the field.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Elliott ain't goin anywhere, anytime soon and he knows it. This boy is the backbone of a future SB winner and, like it or not, he knows it. Don't underestimate this kid. In a couple yrs he won't be the same guy. Count on it.

Reaction score

You don't put you kid up for adoption when he continually misbehaves. You discipline him when he does bad and encourage him when he does good.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0j5jkKg474lA259xJCfTB6b9vEPQGQ0PIKQfYs8lOJUnDiyWJ Are you really sure you would be ok giving up this kind of production this early? Please don't tell me just any back can run behind this line.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
He seems to have the "class clown" complex, and the team idiotically laughed and encouraged that behavior since drafting him. There were countless articles celebrating his "childish, fun loving, prankster personality"... to me, that type of behavior is just a mark of immaturity and the need for attention. It's actually the opposite of likability, usually generating feelings of annoyance from others.

However, no one would mistake an NFL player for a scholar, and immaturity/idiotic behavior is just something that you have to live with in the NFL community. They make millions due to their athletic ability, not their prowess as decision makers.

Zeke is who he is, if he wants to act like a jack*** he's free to do that. Our investment as fans in him are solely what he provides us production wise on the field, as long as he's scoring touchdowns and running through defenses we should care less what he does off the field. HOWEVER, if his behavior starts affecting his ability on the field or eligibility to stay on the field (which it seems like it may), that's when we have to right to start getting angry.

In short, keep you idiotic behavior to a level that doesn't jeopardize the success of this team.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Lol I see you broke into Jerry's stash of Johnnie Walker Blue. Put it down son.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Elliots continuous issues and his inability to stay out of the news is concerning."

You have one of the highest profile jobs in America, and for a good part of the world. And you want him not to be in situations that draw attention....well, maybe, just maybe, there are idiots out there that put people in these situations. Do you think Zeke went out to create a situation. He has the right to go out. And if some idiot starts stuff, he can not control that.

It could have happened to anyone at anytime. Give the agenda a rest.

rynochop

Reaction score

This is why fans are fans and GMs are GMs