My thoughts 7.23 on the Elliott situation

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
and ill point it out here right now. all you criticizing what i posted will be the first to demonize this kid once he's suspended.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
But they can.

Heard it right here.

Our line is so good, we could sign a wannabe wrestler who does not want to be here and he could intentionally tank and he would get 1000 yards.
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWb0mSZmfYzh0QS3_HPdZgvfDUQARki7zV_DXL7ouS9MWasfiKIw:D

RS12

Reaction score
remember hershal walker?
That was almost three decades when Bob Ackles was acting GM. The team had 1-15 talent and got a kings ransom for a slightly above average NFL player. Jerry thinks he is "thisclose" with the current team.

RoboQB

Reaction score
All these distractions are irritating for a fan, i cant even imagine what its like for a coach and even more for Jerry. This guy has to make better choices plain and simple. Hes a grown man so its not like Jerry or JG should have to hold his hand.

Elliots continuous issues and his inability to stay out of the news is concerning. Wether he's guilty or not, its a distraction. The NFL isnt playing games with these players anymore. Anything that will draw negative attention to the league ur going to miss games. Elliot is a product of this generation where its more about fame for them. They need the attention. If i was Jerry i would try and trade him and draft another RB. Elliot will have a ton of value. But he will be a Cowboy for a long time. Love what Elliot brings to the team on the field. But with the way he chooses to live off the field should scare this organization.

Think Elliot will surely miss 1 to 2 games, IDK could be more with new things that have happened. If its more than the 1 to 2 games i would hope this team gives Dangelo Williams a call.

While i would try and trade Elliot, it wont happen. Think the safer bet is Dallas could draft a RB higher in 2018 as insurance. Bo Scarbrough in RD 2 would do it for me.

What!?!

Well, your credibility took a hit here. Like, a Tommy Chong, Led Zeppelin joint hit.
Yep, you're Up in Smoke.

To add to the insanity, you mention they should contact DeAngelo Williams. Yeah, the guy
that just came out and bashed the organization saying he'doesn't never play here. Don't hold your breath.

aria

Reaction score
And you want him not to be in situations that draw attention....well, maybe, just maybe, there are idiots out there that put people in these situations. Do you think Zeke went out to create a situation. He has the right to go out. And if some idiot starts stuff, he can not control that.

Stop making excuses for him. Did Zeke put himself in these situations and draw attention to himself?

Driving 100 mph
Pulling a womans top up in public
Walking into a weed shop
Throwing his coach under the bus to the media while in college
Text about passing a drug test
*CARRY A PURSE AROUND in PUBLIC

Not even saying those are worth punishment but he's not some innocent victim in any of those circumstances.

aria

Reaction score
No need at all. He isn't. Never was. :)

Only in play-pretend mode. And to the aided demise of our last two decades as a storied franchise.

But alas, he really isn't anymore, Aria! :)
Thank goodness! One of his best moves as owner/gm was letting Steven have more control. I can't wait for the day when he's the one running the ENTIRE show.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Thank goodness! One of his best moves as owner/gm was letting Steven have more control. I can't wait for the day when he's the one running the ENTIRE show.
I hope, personally, he defers. I want the Jones'es out of the day-to-day doings, finally.

McClay needs the GM title, and Vital, Player Personnel.

But! If I had to choose, definitely happy that the org is shifting more towards Stephen. I still hold my breath, tho, I cannot lie.

I want a functional organization, daggonit! The owner needs to be the owner, so on and so forth. Even when Jerry passes, this applies, for me, to Stephen as well.

There's no question he's better than Jerry, but I want the best for us. A true GM/Player Personnel set up, with the owner in the shadows is the way to go, imo, Aria :)

aria

Reaction score
I hope, personally, he defers. I want the Jones'es out of the day-to-day doings, finally.

McClay needs the GM title, and Vital, Player Personnel.

But! If I had to choose, definitely happy that the org is shifting more towards Stephen. I still hold my breath, tho, I cannot lie.

I want a functional organization, daggonit! The owner needs to be the owner, so on and so forth. Even when Jerry passes, this applies, for me, to Stephen as well.

There's no question he's better than Jerry, but I want the best for us. A true GM/Player Personnel set up, with the owner in the shadows is the way to go, imo, Aria :)
You couldn't have said it better! I'll just be happy with baby steps at this point but it's hard. Going on 20+ years waiting for a meaningful change so anything is better than what was.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
That was almost three decades when Bob Ackles was acting GM. The team had 1-15 talent and got a kings ransom for a slightly above average NFL player. Jerry thinks he is "thisclose" with the current team.

i wasnt asked about that. i was asked the last time it happened

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Trade Elliott? That's a little off the reservation thinking. And a massive overreaction.

D. Williams? The same D. Williams that said he would never play for the Cowboys?

This is just a thought i have. Elliot just seems to want to be seen. Hes not going to stop living his life the way he wants. I know its not going to happen. I dont see why u guys think a fans thoughts are suddenly going to a big thing. The same D Williams.

I think what we will see is a RB drafted next yr within the first 3 rounds.

RS12

Reaction score
i wasnt asked about that. i was asked the last time it happened
My point is that unless someone records Zeke re enacting the Texas chain saw massacre, he plays out his rookie deal if healthy, no doubt in my mind, and I am certainly not impressed with him off the field.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop making excuses for him. Did Zeke put himself in these situations and draw attention to himself?

Driving 100 mph
Pulling a womans top up in public
Walking into a weed shop
Throwing his coach under the bus to the media while in college
Text about passing a drug test
*CARRY A PURSE AROUND in PUBLIC

Not even saying those are worth punishment but he's not some innocent victim in any of those circumstances.

Wow, you are really a hater aren't you...I bet you can't wait for something to come down on this, so you can get on you holier than thou high horse.
I suggest you read your list and see how dumb it sounds for you saying he is out of control...
And I am not making excuses for him.

aria

Reaction score
Wow, you are really a hater aren't you...I bet you can't wait for something to come down on this, so you can get on you holier than thou high horse.
I suggest you read your list and see how dumb it sounds for you saying he is out of control...
And I am not making excuses for him.
I suggest you read my last comment before you make yourself sound worse.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
My point is that unless someone records Zeke re enacting the Texas chain saw massacre, he plays out his rookie deal if healthy, no doubt in my mind, and I am certainly not impressed with him off the field.
Well then u have the same exact thoughts as me. Except im willing to say i wouldnt be at all mad if they traded him. For me its all about the team instead of individuals