My thoughts 7.23 on the Elliott situation

BHendri5

Reaction score
as aol fat a** parcels would say , "you guys just got sucked"

haleyrules

Reaction score
You don't trade your stars. If he was a mediocre backup than yea get rid of him. Jimmy Johnson always treated players differently and besides Elliott still hasn't been convicted of anything. Big overreaction.
Amen. If he gets convicted..it won't make a big difference. Years ago, judged by todays pussified standards, half the club would be suspended out of the league!! Its a joke. Deacon Jones...Mel Blount...Jack Tatum..a few examples...wouldn't be allowed to play in todays gearbox NFL.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Amen. If he gets convicted..it won't make a big difference. Years ago, judged by todays pussified standards, half the club would be suspended out of the league!! Its a joke. Deacon Jones...Mel Blount...Jack Tatum..a few examples...wouldn't be allowed to play in todays gearbox NFL.

Hell Mike Irving, Eric Williams, Mark Tuinei, Charles Haley and half of our defensive players from the 90's would be banned.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Hell Mike Irving, Eric Williams, Mark Tuinei, Charles Haley and half of our defensive players from the 90's would be banned.
This is like when Irvin and Williams were accused of rape by that woman and it was proven that she lied and then the commissioner suspends them anyway. That's what would have happened in today's NFL.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Heard a story yesterday about Zeke punching that guy. Not certain if this is true.

The guy was hassling a woman in his group. Zeke asked him to back-off. The guy got up in Zeke's face.

Zeke sent him to nap city with one punch. Take it for what it's worth. The guy telling the story swears he knows a guy who was there.

I asked if this guy that was there was a dry cleaner. He didn't know.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
All these distractions are irritating for a fan, i cant even imagine what its like for a coach and even more for Jerry. This guy has to make better choices plain and simple. Hes a grown man so its not like Jerry or JG should have to hold his hand.

Elliots continuous issues and his inability to stay out of the news is concerning. Wether he's guilty or not, its a distraction. The NFL isnt playing games with these players anymore. Anything that will draw negative attention to the league ur going to miss games. Elliot is a product of this generation where its more about fame for them. They need the attention. If i was Jerry i would try and trade him and draft another RB. Elliot will have a ton of value. But he will be a Cowboy for a long time. Love what Elliot brings to the team on the field. But with the way he chooses to live off the field should scare this organization.

Think Elliot will surely miss 1 to 2 games, IDK could be more with new things that have happened. If its more than the 1 to 2 games i would hope this team gives Dangelo Williams a call.

While i would try and trade Elliot, it wont happen. Think the safer bet is Dallas could draft a RB higher in 2018 as insurance. Bo Scarbrough in RD 2 would do it for me.

Trading Elliott may be the worst idea I have seen here. And keep in mind I was for drafting Bobby Carpenter and wanting to get a Zone pool together to buy a billboard across from Jerry World and tell him to get a GM.

We should have drafted Karen Carpenter.

And neither of those ideas was as poor as trading Elliott.

Why not trade Dak for multiple firsts? Maybe several of the linemen. We could stockpile first round picks. Maybe have ten in two years.

Ridiculous.

Notice how I spelled ridiculous correctly.

ghst187

Reaction score
trade Zeke, i think he was difference last year between 8-8 and 13-3.
and I don't care to go back to 8-8

Reaction score
With the explosion of social media and the new found "credibility" to outlets like TMZ, we're hearing of things Elliott is doing that countless others have been doing forever but weren't jammed down our throats.

Not aware of any laws Elliott has broken. For all we know, his issues could be dating a bad apple, being at the wrong places and naive to the extents his name would be dropped for clicks.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0j5jkKg474lA259xJCfTB6b9vEPQGQ0PIKQfYs8lOJUnDiyWJ Are you really sure you would be ok giving up this kind of production this early? Please don't tell me just any back can run behind this line.
But they can.

Heard it right here.

Our line is so good, we could sign a wannabe wrestler who does not want to be here and he could intentionally tank and he would get 1000 yards.