My Thoughts. Looking gloomy

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not happening. If you lived in Dallas you would know how asinine that thought is. Dez is a king in this city. He's not going anywhere.
So were Romo and Murray and Ware. They're gone.
Stephen isn't afraid to make the tough choices that Jerry never would

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't understand how people can say this was Dak's first bad game. Does no one remember the second game against the Giants last year?
Wait so you're saying he had a bad game and a half now oh my God that's it he's out of here.

LOL how many Bad Games did we sit through waiting for Romo to ripen I lost count but it took seasons. Even later in his career he threw up a good stinker every now and then.
Geez people get a grip

canters

Reaction score
The Cowboys would gain $8 mil worth of cap space.

I would think they could rid themselves of Dez and get a replacement for that amount.
I think someone would have to get between JJ and Dez. JJ seems to genuinely love Dez as a person and has been his POA for money affairs awhile, and maybe he is kidding when he says this, but has said publicly that he is a Godparent to Dez’s kids. Is JJ emotionally attached to Dez?

canters

Reaction score
Bryant gets released in the off season.
Not sure-he is a candidate for a reduced salary. I would offer him a series of one year deals.
Will his ego allow him to take a pay cut?

Jerry and Stephen did not rework his deal last year to push money into the future for a reason.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Wait so you're saying he had a bad game and a half now oh my God that's it he's out of here.

LOL how many Bad Games did we sit through waiting for Romo to ripen I lost count but it took seasons. Even later in his career he threw up a good stinker every now and then.
Geez people get a grip
just too much common sense ,refreshing

visionary

Reaction score
Drafting is fine to build the team but we need 2 starting quality vets

1. WR who is smart and can run and adjust routes based on the defense

2. Either starting MLB (like Bowman) or starting safety

The other needs like starting 1T DT, another quality LB, speed WR, TE of future and back up OL can be had through the draft

Dez needs to go

On top of it all, we need a real HC and D.C. and of course GM but those things ain't happening

Jenky

Reaction score
Theres alot of thing bothering me about this team right now, but the biggestissue i have is Marinelli's subbing. In the last 2 games both have been decided in the first 2 drives of the 2nd half for opposing teams. In both games Marinelli has gone with backups primarily in both drives of both games. The DL will consist of Taco, Irving, Ash, Mayowa. And in both games both teams have gone on long TD drives on the Cowboys and started both surges with running attacks that werent there in the first half because the starters dont allow teams to run. But for whatever reason Marinelli will go with the backups in the 3rd quarter. It's ridiculous to see the starters pulled within the first 3-5 plays on the start of the 2nd half.

Anthony Brown has gone back to being awful after 1 good game vs the Chiefs. His biggest problem is he is getting beat bad off the snap and has to keep his back contantly turned to the QB to catch up to the WR. Allowing easy catches and missing a gimmie pick 6 vs the Eagles.

Dak had a horrible game, and IMO his first horrible game of his career. He was off from the start. The Dallas OL typically have a rough game against this defense and add in missing the best LT in the game and we saw the result. Still thats no excuse for the bad choices he mad in this game. He needs to keep it simple and take what the def is giving him. He is trying to force things because of Elliot not being there.

Dallas IMO needs to start over with its WR core. They dont need superstars either. Their offense is influenced by the run. Which opens up the passing game. Guys who can run good routes and understand when to run hot routes to help a pressured QB is whats needed. Dez needs to go, TW is stuck in Dallas atleast next yr and Dallas has Beasley who if teamed with good route runners could create in the middle of the field with open space. I would be happy with a guy like Calvin Riddley in the draft to replace Dez.

Tyron might be trying to make a go of it this week, and if he can it opens alot for this offense. Cooper is really suffering trying to compensate for LT.

This team has really phased Witten out of the game. Unthinkable to me if u asked me week 1. But somehow they have turned Witten into GBs version of Martellus Bennett.

We saw this week what a disciplined OL could do to David Irving's inability to develop a technique. His forward momentum is so out of control the guy in front of him basically treated him like a bull and allowed him to take himself out of plays. Think teams are going to see this and so will Dallas' coaches and i see Irving production dropping until he can learn a move other than bullrushing.

Dallas needed to go after Bowman this yr when he was released. But i think this team was thinking they were safe with Lee and Hitchens returning. I have no doubt he had plans to visit. I think they called with the Raiders offer and they told him to sign. Big error in judgement on the team.

Right now IMO team needs are WR.S.LB.
Theres alot of thing bothering me about this team right now, but the biggest issue i have is Marinelli's subbing. In the last 2 games both have been decided in the first 2 drives of the 2nd half for opposing teams. In both games Marinelli has gone with backups primarily in both drives of both games. The DL will consist of Taco, Irving, Ash, Mayowa. And in both games both teams have gone on long TD drives on the Cowboys and started both surges with running attacks that werent there in the first half because the starters dont allow teams to run. But for whatever reason Marinelli will go with the backups in the 3rd quarter. It's ridiculous to see the starters pulled within the first 3-5 plays on the start of the 2nd half.

Anthony Brown has gone back to being awful after 1 good game vs the Chiefs. His biggest problem is he is getting beat bad off the snap and has to keep his back contantly turned to the QB to catch up to the WR. Allowing easy catches and missing a gimmie pick 6 vs the Eagles.

Dak had a horrible game, and IMO his first horrible game of his career. He was off from the start. The Dallas OL typically have a rough game against this defense and add in missing the best LT in the game and we saw the result. Still thats no excuse for the bad choices he mad in this game. He needs to keep it simple and take what the def is giving him. He is trying to force things because of Elliot not being there.

Dallas IMO needs to start over with its WR core. They dont need superstars either. Their offense is influenced by the run. Which opens up the passing game. Guys who can run good routes and understand when to run hot routes to help a pressured QB is whats needed. Dez needs to go, TW is stuck in Dallas atleast next yr and Dallas has Beasley who if teamed with good route runners could create in the middle of the field with open space. I would be happy with a guy like Calvin Riddley in the draft to replace Dez.

Tyron might be trying to make a go of it this week, and if he can it opens alot for this offense. Cooper is really suffering trying to compensate for LT.

This team has really phased Witten out of the game. Unthinkable to me if u asked me week 1. But somehow they have turned Witten into GBs version of Martellus Bennett.

We saw this week what a disciplined OL could do to David Irving's inability to develop a technique. His forward momentum is so out of control the guy in front of him basically treated him like
Theres alot of thing bothering me about this team right now, but the biggest issue i have is Marinelli's subbing. In the last 2 games both have been decided in the first 2 drives of the 2nd half for opposing teams. In both games Marinelli has gone with backups primarily in both drives of both games. The DL will consist of Taco, Irving, Ash, Mayowa. And in both games both teams have gone on long TD drives on the Cowboys and started both surges with running attacks that werent there in the first half because the starters dont allow teams to run. But for whatever reason Marinelli will go with the backups in the 3rd quarter. It's ridiculous to see the starters pulled within the first 3-5 plays on the start of the 2nd half.

We saw this week what a disciplined OL could do to David Irving's inability to develop a technique. His forward momentum is so out of control the guy in front of him basically treated him like a bull and allowed him to take himself out of plays. Think teams are going to see this and so will Dallas' coaches and i see Irving production dropping until he can learn a move other than bullrushing.

Dallas needed to go after Bowman this yr when he was released. But i think this team was thinking they were safe with Lee and Hitchens returning. I have no doubt he had plans to visit. I think they called with the Raiders offer and they told him to sign. Big error in judgement on the team.

Right now IMO team needs are WR.S.LB.

This is not Dak’s first horrible game of his career. The 2nd giants game last year comes to mind and he was pretty bad.

superonyx

Reaction score
He'll run a slant 3 yards deeper than designed and the ball will be intercepted.

Then he'll run a dig at the wrong depth and right into TWill. That will bring multiple DBs all into the same area making it impossible to throw to Dez or TWill.
Here you go again. Pretending to know the design of a play. Its bizarre how most of your comments regarding Dez requires you to make statements that you pretend are facts when you have absolutely no clue... Unless you are inside the cowboys staff you can't possibly know if his route is being ran at the wrong depth.

And here you are hijacking another thread.

superonyx

Reaction score
Agreed. I hope Dez is released in the offseason.

He sure as heck isn't worth the $16.5 mil.
I'm sure Philly would love to have Dez. Imagine replacing that Alshon Jeffrey with Dez Bryant on that offense.
Aaron Rodgers would also love having him to throw to. NE and Brady would know how to use him for sure.

Maybe this offense isn't putting players in the position to succeed like real offensive coordinators do?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure Philly would love to have Dez. Imagine replacing that Alshon Jeffrey with Dez Bryant on that offense.
Aaron Rodgers would also love having him to throw to. NE and Brady would know how to use him for sure.

Maybe this offense isn't putting players in the position to succeed like real offensive coordinators do?

And there probably is some of that.

He can still do some things like jump-balls and crossing routes. But his speed, which wasn't great to begin with is noticeably less. On top of that he was never a good route runner.

He has some value as a #2 receiver, but he's not a difference maker (any more) and to pay him such $16.5 mil (in 2018) probably isn't a good use of resources.

superonyx

Reaction score
And there probably is some of that.

He can still do some things like jump-balls and crossing routes. But his speed, which wasn't great to begin with is noticeably less. On top of that he was never a good route runner.

He has some value as a #2 receiver, but he's not a difference maker (any more) and to pay him such $16.5 mil (in 2018) probably isn't a good use of resources.
But cutting him doesn't save you 16.5m. You only save about half of that and you will need to use your saving to replace him. Which top flight WR is coming here for less that 8m?
Or do you use a first round pick trying to fill a hole that you just created and ignore the defense?
What is the scenario where we end up better by getting rid of Dez?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But cutting him doesn't save you 16.5m. You only save about half of that and you will need to use your saving to replace him. Which top flight WR is coming here for less that 8m?
Or do you use a first round pick trying to fill a hole that you just created and ignore the defense?
What is the scenario where we end up better by getting rid of Dez?

Certainly a contract could be structured so that the first year hit on a FA WR was $8 mil. That's not unrealistic.

Could the Cowboys draft a WR in the first round? Possibly.