My Thoughts. Looking gloomy

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
But who? Which WR is going to be a free agent that is an upgrade?
And could we draft a WR in the first round? Of Course but is this the best way to improve your team when you have other real holes? Cutting Dez is just creating a hole that you now need to fix. Very rarely do WR's produce in the first year..Then there are so many that never reach WR1 status.

Im failing to see how this improves our team.
Alshon will be a FA, but do you really think that there are no WRs that can replace Dez's bad play? They're talking of letting Dez go because of lack of production, he is very replaceable.

superonyx

Reaction score
Alshon will be a FA, but do you really think that there are no WRs that can replace Dez's bad play? They're talking of letting Dez go because of lack of production, he is very replaceable.
Alshon has not impressed Philly.
You may want to look into it a little. He will be available because Philly realizes he isn't worth another 10m next season.
Dude has 38 catches in that pass happy spread offense.

Im sure Philly would jump at the chance to replace him with Dez.

"They" are not talking about letting Dez go....You are. Big Difference.

So who are you replacing him with?
T Pryor? Awful. Jeffery? Slow and underachieving.
Anyone else?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
You may want to look into it a little. He will be available because Philly realizes he isn't worth another 10m next season.

Anyone else?
So Dez is irreplaceable, in your mind?

superonyx

Reaction score
So Dez is irreplaceable, in your mind?
No one is ever irreplaceable.
However cutting him and forcing yourself to allocate a first round pick doesn't sound like a strategy to improve your team.
I'm surprised fans can actually want to cut a guy with no real strategy to replace him.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But who? Which WR is going to be a free agent that is an upgrade?
And could we draft a WR in the first round? Of Course but is this the best way to improve your team when you have other real holes? Cutting Dez is just creating a hole that you now need to fix. Very rarely do WR's produce in the first year..Then there are so many that never reach WR1 status.

Im failing to see how this improves our team.

We'll see what happens I guess.

Kaiser

Reaction score

Jeffrey isn't a #1 but he is an excellent #2. Our season would be completely different if he were the #2 instead of TWill. Financially it made complete sense to take a bargain deal with TWill instead of overpaying Jeffrey on a multi-year deal. But if Jerry could go back in time he would.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Not sure-he is a candidate for a reduced salary. I would offer him a series of one year deals.
Will his ego allow him to take a pay cut?

Jerry and Stephen did not rework his deal last year to push money into the future for a reason.
That's his only chance. He might take a cut. No other club will offer too much at this stage of his career.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I'm sure no other QB has ever had more than one bad game in their first 25 games. He is breaking new ground. It took Tony 10 years before he had 2 bad games, and Aikman only had one in his career.
:).

Greasylake17

Reaction score
Theres alot of thing bothering me about this team right now, but the biggest issue i have is Marinelli's subbing. In the last 2 games both have been decided in the first 2 drives of the 2nd half for opposing teams. In both games Marinelli has gone with backups primarily in both drives of both games. The DL will consist of Taco, Irving, Ash, Mayowa. And in both games both teams have gone on long TD drives on the Cowboys and started both surges with running attacks that werent there in the first half because the starters dont allow teams to run. But for whatever reason Marinelli will go with the backups in the 3rd quarter. It's ridiculous to see the starters pulled within the first 3-5 plays on the start of the 2nd half.

Anthony Brown has gone back to being awful after 1 good game vs the Chiefs. His biggest problem is he is getting beat bad off the snap and has to keep his back contantly turned to the QB to catch up to the WR. Allowing easy catches and missing a gimmie pick 6 vs the Eagles.

Dak had a horrible game, and IMO his first horrible game of his career. He was off from the start. The Dallas OL typically have a rough game against this defense and add in missing the best LT in the game and we saw the result. Still thats no excuse for the bad choices he mad in this game. He needs to keep it simple and take what the def is giving him. He is trying to force things because of Elliot not being there.

Dallas IMO needs to start over with its WR core. They dont need superstars either. Their offense is influenced by the run. Which opens up the passing game. Guys who can run good routes and understand when to run hot routes to help a pressured QB is whats needed. Dez needs to go, TW is stuck in Dallas atleast next yr and Dallas has Beasley who if teamed with good route runners could create in the middle of the field with open space. I would be happy with a guy like Calvin Riddley in the draft to replace Dez.

Tyron might be trying to make a go of it this week, and if he can it opens alot for this offense. Cooper is really suffering trying to compensate for LT.

This team has really phased Witten out of the game. Unthinkable to me if u asked me week 1. But somehow they have turned Witten into GBs version of Martellus Bennett.

We saw this week what a disciplined OL could do to David Irving's inability to develop a technique. His forward momentum is so out of control the guy in front of him basically treated him like a bull and allowed him to take himself out of plays. Think teams are going to see this and so will Dallas' coaches and i see Irving production dropping until he can learn a move other than bullrushing.

Dallas needed to go after Bowman this yr when he was released. But i think this team was thinking they were safe with Lee and Hitchens returning. I have no doubt he had plans to visit. I think they called with the Raiders offer and they told him to sign. Big error in judgement on the team.

Right now IMO team needs are WR.S.LB.

See to me our WR prob lays with our QB. Its not Daks srength to throw the ball down field accurately. So I would never ever ever ever waste a 1st rd pick on a WR. This defense is so bad on so many levels. I will only draft defense players with high end picks. Dak is not that type of QB where any reciever is going to lead the league in yards receiving. Its just who he is. Its not hos srength. So if this team would ever waste a 1st rd pick on a WR I will snap. You guys speak of Beasley. Well after a year of film the league has figured out they are better off taking Cole out of the game. Nuetralize him. Beasely is drawing alot more attention and Dak is not accurate enough to make any defense pay or change the way they play. There is no doubt at att Dez has lost a step. No doubt. But Daks skill set does not benefit Dez at all. Its a shame but its just reality. So to me if you can spme how spme way move Dez with the hipe of getting one foolosh GM who will overpay than I would make the move in the offseason. This is not a knock of Dak or Dez. They are just are not a good fit at all.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What an insane sum of money to catch a football, SMDH. Wonder what it'll be per catch, per yard etc... at season's end?
160 catches would be 100.000 per catch?
the main problem is the jones boys, they control personnel acquisition, and hire the coaches.
many of the problems you see are the result of not using players properly.
game plans and play calling.
they don't use any of the players to their strengths , they have a system and scheme and try to force players to fit into that.
dak is not being used properly, they got off base last year when they made him stop dinking , even though team was 9-1 dinking lol.
it is a mess and will continue to be.
I got my hopes up jerry would be forced to sell the team which would be a blessing, but guess that wont happen.

Verdict

Reaction score
No one is ever irreplaceable.
However cutting him and forcing yourself to allocate a first round pick doesn't sound like a strategy to improve your team.
I'm surprised fans can actually want to cut a guy with no real strategy to replace him.

You could probably suit up the water boy at this point in place of Dez and be almost as good.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Anyone else?
Devante Adams

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Dez sucks and Witten is old. Nothing the QB can do about that. They might as well give Brown more snaps. He can't be any worse than Dez.

Witten may be old and past his prime but he’s not done. He has had to help out and block more since Smith went out. He hasn’t disappeared and he is the least of our worries.

Dez is a fine second receiver. He’s not a #1 who can dominate a game but he’s still a red zone threat.

The problems with this team lie on defense. Our linebacking core is wretched, especially without Lee.

The Tampa 2 is an outdated scheme that relies on opponents to make mistakes. Good teams don’t make mistakes and all the 2nd and 4’s are killers.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Witten may be old and past his prime but he’s not done. He has had to help out and block more since Smith went out. He hasn’t disappeared and he is the least of our worries.

Dez is a fine second receiver. He’s not a #1 who can dominate a game but he’s still a red zone threat.

The problems with this team lie on defense. Our linebacking core is wretched, especially without Lee.

The Tampa 2 is an outdated scheme that relies on opponents to make mistakes. Good teams don’t make mistakes and all the 2nd and 4’s are killers.
They scored 9 points. That's on the offense.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
See to me our WR prob lays with our QB. Its not Daks srength to throw the ball down field accurately. So I would never ever ever ever waste a 1st rd pick on a WR. This defense is so bad on so many levels. I will only draft defense players with high end picks. Dak is not that type of QB where any reciever is going to lead the league in yards receiving. Its just who he is. Its not hos srength. So if this team would ever waste a 1st rd pick on a WR I will snap. You guys speak of Beasley. Well after a year of film the league has figured out they are better off taking Cole out of the game. Nuetralize him. Beasely is drawing alot more attention and Dak is not accurate enough to make any defense pay or change the way they play. There is no doubt at att Dez has lost a step. No doubt. But Daks skill set does not benefit Dez at all. Its a shame but its just reality. So to me if you can spme how spme way move Dez with the hipe of getting one foolosh GM who will overpay than I would make the move in the offseason. This is not a knock of Dak or Dez. They are just are not a good fit at all.

Again i point out to you to go and google Daks numbers on games Dez has missed. Theyre probably his best numbers in his young career.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like him also.
The problem is the Packers also like him,
Doubtful he goes anywhere.
The Packers are the most likely team to let good players leave but they don't spend money occasionally.