CFZ My thoughts on Mazi Smith

lukin2006

Reaction score
I like the pick. We have needed a run stopping DT for a while…

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is about as relevant as trying to deny reality that we have been run by a clown show. 27 years of NOTHING state it very plainly.
But the company men here never will admit it
Nor the constant haters .

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I have thumped the table many times about the Clown Show ignoring DT and the consequences of that. I saw a small bit of light when they got Hankins; but I was completely shocked at this.

Now I do have concerns about him, specifically whether he will keep up the effort full game. There were signs of that at Michigan.

But still in a lot of ways he is exactly what this team has needed for some time.

Those obsessed about pass rush need to take a chill pill, NO TEAM has all its D lineman capable of a pass rush. NO ONE.
We have been soft up the middle far too long because of Marinelli's obsession with 'quick twitch' and other garbage.
I have always been surprised that a man that played Guard in college should be so oblivious for so long on the value of really good DTs.
But then Jethro has never really been a football man no matter what he claims.
Now who finally pushed this kind of investment I do not know but I thank him.

IF KC was really after him then I can understand our move; and I guess they could not find a trading partner going down.
I would have liked to not have to spend a first on him but at the same time I welcome the investment.
I'm not that shocked.
NT had been a clear desire for the team since McCarthy came here. It was the most obvious piece missing on the team.
LG is where we put guys as they are learning the NFL. Or where we sign a cheap old guy. Wouldn't have minded one in the 1st, but am happier to see NT getting addressed. NT is a much harder hole to fill than LG.
That Mazie is reported to be an athletic freak likely put him over the top with Jerry. Jerry luvs him sum upside.

dfense

Reaction score
I thought of Jalen Hurts QB sneaks when the drafted Mazi. Thought that was a factor in their thinking.