My thoughts on the thoughts on Dak

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Maybe you should reread the first post and understand this thread wasnt meant to be about dak but more linehan. But you posters refuse to get the dak line out of your heads. so i had to post facts about the numbers and stats they were trying to push as facts.
yes, its about linehan.....that's where discussions began, but if its about Linehan, why post stat comparing YPA for dak, brady, Romo and Rodgers?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This isnt going to be long but it will be direct and to the point.

I read thread after thread, and post after post about Dak not throwing for 300 yrds. Along with that all the other cliche criticisms posters here want to spew. ANd i wonder if any of you actually have paid attention and know this information or just hate to hate.

In 2014 Scott Linehan was hired

Look at Romo's stats and you will see that they are very similar to what Dak has done with the offense since he's been in the NFL. The only numbers that are really in Romo's favors are TD passes. But we'll look at the number and you will be suprised to see that it was and has been Linehan thats been the issue.

2014 Romo numbers

247yrds a game passing. Isnt that where Daks been avg'n at his whole career?

in 2014 Romo had 7 games of 250 or more yrds and only 1 game over 300. This yr Dak had 6 over 250 and 2 over 300. In 2017 Dak has 5 over 250 and 1 over 300. 2016 he had 5 over 250 and 2 over 300.

2014 Romo was at 69% comp rate, Dak has been 67,62,67% from 2016 -2018

Romo was 8.52avg per attemp, as Dak has been 8, 6.2, 7.4 from 2016-2018

Romo had been a consistent 350yrd passer per game his entire career before 2014. How did he dip 100yrds per game in 1 yr? Maybe the offense? A offense that put more emphasis on run game and the same routes? Oh there the the narrative that Romo was changing the plays and there was more success...Yes he changed some plays and made some great things happen. But the stats dont lie. He was running the same plays and doing the same things Dak has been his entire Career.

WE saw Romo falling to the ground plenty as the blitz would come right up the gut did we not?

Now this thread isnt a rip at Romo because i have said plenty of times, that i think 2014 was Romo best yr of his career because the offense saved him from himself and set a limit on how much of a gunslinger he plaid. Because up to that point in his career the guy was a int machine. This post is just to show some of you that the starting QB has had the limited statline from 2014 to 2018. Even with the hero Romo.

One thing the system did was provide consistent wins because it kept things simple and high percentage plays and had a OL that nobody could beat. But the problem came to being 5 yrs of tape and 5 yrs of the same play scheme with no alteration. No adjustments, no tweaks. If LInehan would've added to a working system he would still be OC and dallas probably would've been to a superbowl in those 5 yrs of running his offense.

It's INSULTING to compare a QB like Romo to Dak Prescott!
Why don't you sell us on on how a FIAT(Dak) is the same quality as a Mercedes (Romo)......

blueblood70

Reaction score
romo threw a int every 37 passes in his career. thats top 15 all time. For your info.
and Troy Fakin Aikman threw one every 33 thats my point stop acting as if Romos numbers make him accident prone ie choker or INT machine what does that make the Little boy Blue in Troy with 3 rings on team with 12 HOF players?

Romo has 117 career ints vs Troys 141 NEXT? Troy career TDs 165 Romo=248 Ouch!! poor troy in your narrative Troy sux.. TY lets keep playing..

Brett Farve has 336 INTs ouch what JAG lmao thats one every 18 passes huh the great Farve lets keep playing ,

PManning 251 Career INts thats one every 37 attempts wow we finally found one close to Romo..

I didnt need to look this up since I watched them all play but somehow Romo is known for Choking INTs and its NOT TRUE..Romo wasn't Elite but he was Great and he did it over 10 years and again I wish Dak all the luck but he most likely will not throw enough yards and TDs to challenge Romo for the Franchise records he owns, like all of the, :)

Let this serve as reminder when you call aplayer a INT machine to make point about Dak , be sure thats its accurate because Romos TD-INT ratio is all that count and its damn good bro..

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
yes, its about linehan.....that's where discussions began, but if its about Linehan, why post stat comparing YPA for dak, brady, Romo and Rodgers?

Posted in response to people saying Dak is dink and dunking while these other guys are not. when the numbers show they were all basically throwing the same routes. Just happens that the players brady and rodgers as well as their teams as a whole had more success.

even you came into this thread not worried about the linehan aspect of this thread. But because u read the name romo and dak together in a thread u didnt bother to put the whole opening post togther and see it was about linehan instead went on the typical dak is limited tirade. You guys just dont like the fact that i can back up everything i say with numbers. but more importantly most of the people in this thread are mad and hate the fact that dak is bout to get a new deal. and it doesnt matter what the thread is about they are going to kill a thread with idiocies.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would add that we are comparing a franchise QB in years 10-12 of his career who has seen it all to a guy in years 1-3. Romo had 19tds and 13ints and was 6-4 after his first 3 seasons. And by his own words stunk at throwing the football back then.

This isnt going to be long but it will be direct and to the point.

I read thread after thread, and post after post about Dak not throwing for 300 yrds. Along with that all the other cliche criticisms posters here want to spew. ANd i wonder if any of you actually have paid attention and know this information or just hate to hate.

In 2014 Scott Linehan was hired

Look at Romo's stats and you will see that they are very similar to what Dak has done with the offense since he's been in the NFL. The only numbers that are really in Romo's favors are TD passes. But we'll look at the number and you will be suprised to see that it was and has been Linehan thats been the issue.

2014 Romo numbers

247yrds a game passing. Isnt that where Daks been avg'n at his whole career?

in 2014 Romo had 7 games of 250 or more yrds and only 1 game over 300. This yr Dak had 6 over 250 and 2 over 300. In 2017 Dak has 5 over 250 and 1 over 300. 2016 he had 5 over 250 and 2 over 300.

2014 Romo was at 69% comp rate, Dak has been 67,62,67% from 2016 -2018

Romo was 8.52avg per attemp, as Dak has been 8, 6.2, 7.4 from 2016-2018

Romo had been a consistent 350yrd passer per game his entire career before 2014. How did he dip 100yrds per game in 1 yr? Maybe the offense? A offense that put more emphasis on run game and the same routes? Oh there the the narrative that Romo was changing the plays and there was more success...Yes he changed some plays and made some great things happen. But the stats dont lie. He was running the same plays and doing the same things Dak has been his entire Career.

WE saw Romo falling to the ground plenty as the blitz would come right up the gut did we not?

Now this thread isnt a rip at Romo because i have said plenty of times, that i think 2014 was Romo best yr of his career because the offense saved him from himself and set a limit on how much of a gunslinger he plaid. Because up to that point in his career the guy was a int machine. This post is just to show some of you that the starting QB has had the limited statline from 2014 to 2018. Even with the hero Romo.

One thing the system did was provide consistent wins because it kept things simple and high percentage plays and had a OL that nobody could beat. But the problem came to being 5 yrs of tape and 5 yrs of the same play scheme with no alteration. No adjustments, no tweaks. If LInehan would've added to a working system he would still be OC and dallas probably would've been to a superbowl in those 5 yrs of running his offense.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
All the OP is saying is that Dak isn’t as horrible as people make him out to be. The fact that people expect a 4th round pick in his 3rd year to be as good or if not better than Romo towards the end of his career or Aaron’s Rodgers or Tom Brady is ludicrous. He may not develop into a super bowl winning QB but we don’t know for sure. All these bozos standing around claiming that he isn’t have no clue about what the future holds. Let the kid develop, let’s see what changes Moore implements.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
All the OP is saying is that Dak isn’t as horrible as people make him out to be. The fact that people expect a 4th round pick in his 3rd year to be as good or if not better than Romo towards the end of his career or Aaron’s Rodgers or Tom Brady is ludicrous. He may not develop into a super bowl winning QB but we don’t know for sure. All these bozos standing around claiming that he isn’t have no clue about what the future holds. Let the kid develop, let’s see what changes Moore implements.

Then maybe stop comparing him to Brady and Rodgers? Would be a good start.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Got proof of this?

Because according to Football Outsiders, in 2014, Romo's pass yards traveled in the air would rank in the Top 5 of the league at 9.18 yards.

That's pretty amazing since both NFL and ESPN for 2014 Romo's yards per pass average or Y/A at 8.5 so how could one average say is passes average 8.5 yards and your stat says that pass yards traveled in the air is more at 9.6. Maybe Football Outsiders are outsiders because they jiggle stats to say what they want them to say even if it doesn't jive with what other sites have for stats.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I didn't prove anything if anything it proves Dak is more helped by YAC than Romo was. Romo had longer in the air passes than Dak. Too bad NexGen was not around during 2014 season. Look at the scatter charts for Dak going back to 2016 even though it does not have all of them, the majority of Daks passes are 10 yards or less.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/list/pass/dallas-cowboys/2018/week

I don't think many people will argue that Romo was more accurate than Prescott and if Romo hit more receivers in stride then they probably got a lot more YAC than what Prescott got. After all your nick picking it doesn't change the fact that Romo's and Prescott's average per pass attempt are very similar only being separated by a couple of tenths of a yard for 6 of Romo's seasons. If you use both QB's 3rd season Romo beats Prescott by exactly 3 tenths of a yard so he wasn't throwing downfield any more than Prescott did or Romo's average would have been a lot higher than just 3 tenths of a yard more.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Lol jesus, its amazing that not one person in this thread has even acknowledged the fact that this thread was about the similarities on production between romo and dak under Linehans offense. None even acknowledged that Romo and Dak were neck and neck in 250 and 300 yrd games. They both avgd 247 yrds passing and both fumbled alot. Both had trouble with the route tree being run, and both had a great running game that kept them from having to carry the team. Both had success in terms of wins, but both struggled in the middle of football games. If any of you think Romo didnt struggle in 2nd and 3rd quarters in 2014 then you either dont know what youre watching in tv, or youre just a liar and refuse to say so. This forum was just a nuts on game day with the lack of consistency in 2014 and the Dak yrs.

Its a shame none of you can actually debate anything other then minimizing anything about this QB. Can the mods make a section where you get automatically banned if you dont contribute more then the dak cliche in a thread? lol

Linehan could've been very good, and couldve been a HC again if he would've put in the work to add to a fairly successful scheme. In Romo and Daks first yr in the offense they were great. But after having that yr you have to add more because the film is out. If you dont as Linehan didnt all you have is predictability

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Lol jesus, its amazing that not one person in this thread has even acknowledged the fact that this thread was about the similarities on production between romo and dak under Linehans offense. None even acknowledged that Romo and Dak were neck and neck in 250 and 300 yrd games. They both avgd 247 yrds passing and both fumbled alot. Both had trouble with the route tree being run, and both had a great running game that kept them from having to carry the team. Both had success in terms of wins, but both struggled in the middle of football games. If any of you think Romo didnt struggle in 2nd and 3rd quarters in 2014 then you either dont know what youre watching in tv, or youre just a liar and refuse to say so. This forum was just a nuts on game day with the lack of consistency in 2014 and the Dak yrs.

Its a shame none of you can actually debate anything other then minimizing anything about this QB. Can the mods make a section where you get automatically banned if you dont contribute more then the dak cliche in a thread? lol

Where is that citation I asked for?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Linehan could've been very good, and couldve been a HC again if he would've put in the work to add to a fairly successful scheme. In Romo and Daks first yr in the offense they were great. But after having that yr you have to add more because the film is out. If you dont as Linehan didnt all you have is predictability

Again if you mention Prescott in a thread it will turn into a Prescott thread. It laways happens and it will always continue. As far as at least one of the things you said, you lumped Romo in with Prescott as fumbling a lot. Well here some stats for you to rethink that. Romo for the 11 seasons he started (didn't fumble in any game before being a starter) averaged 5.63 fumbles per season and lost 2.45 fumbles per season. That's hardley a lot. Bress averages 5.83 fumbles a season and loses 2.2 per season. Brady averages 6.15 fumbles per season and loses 2.47 per season. So Romo fumled less person and lost fewer per season that QB's like Brady and Brees. Do you still want to say Romo fumbled a lot? BTW Prescott avaerges 8.33 fumbles per season and loses 4.3 per season which puts him on pace to beat Brett Favres record of 165 fumbles.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Then maybe stop comparing him to Brady and Rodgers? Would be a good start.
Comparisons only made to highlight the fact that even the best have stats that mirror Dak. No where was it stated that because of it Dak was destined to become the next Brady or Rodgers.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Again if you mention Prescott in a thread it will turn into a Prescott thread. It laways happens and it will always continue. As far as at least one of the things you said, you lumped Romo in with Prescott as fumbling a lot. Well here some stats for you to rethink that. Romo for the 11 seasons he started (didn't fumble in any game before being a starter) averaged 5.63 fumbles per season and lost 2.45 fumbles per season. That's hardley a lot. Bress averages 5.83 fumbles a season and loses 2.2 per season. Brady averages 6.15 fumbles per season and loses 2.47 per season. So Romo fumled less person and lost fewer per season that QB's like Brady and Brees. Do you still want to say Romo fumbled a lot? BTW Prescott avaerges 8.33 fumbles per season and loses 4.3 per season which puts him on pace to beat Brett Favres record of 165 fumbles.
in 2014 romo had 9 fumbles
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RomoTo00.htm

romo fumbles by yrs
65 fumbles 6.5 per yr
Thers 2 yrs where he only played 6 games2010(0) and 4 games2015(1)

take those 2 yrs out 64 fumbles in 8 yrs which is 8 fumbles a yr.

Dak 9,4,12

even that stat is the same

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

romo fumbles by yrs
65 fumbles 6.5 per yr

Dak 9,4,12

First what I said was the word you obviously missed called avaerage. Second the only year Romo had 9 fumbles was his 1st starting 2006. Third in 2014 Romo had 7 fumbles. Forth, all of the stats I gave were the total number of fumbles for divided by the number of years as a starter. Romo 11, Brees 18, Brady 19. Fifth, even if Romo didn't play in every game in any year, he did play is some and therefore those years get averaged in as a year as a starter. Sixth, since your pro football reference has the wrong numbers for 2014 maybe you should use the stats on NFL that has Romo's total fumbles at 62 not 65, who I trust more than some outside site. Lastly you can't even keep straight what numbers you're using with in one place you have 65 fumbles and then in another you say 64 fumbles. Check NFL and use ALL years where Romo started a game in your averages. What you're trying to do is to say that if a QB has a passer rating of X you say it would be lower if you don't count his season with his highest passer rating.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

romo fumbles by yrs
65 fumbles 6.5 per yr

Dak 9,4,12

I see you posting a link for this, where's the link for the claim you made earlier? You're propaganda pushing and you're trolling at this point. Thread should be locked.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
First what I said was the word you obviously missed called avaerage. Second the only year Romo had 9 fumbles was his 1st starting 2006. Third in 2014 Romo had 7 fumbles. Forth, all of the stats I gave were the total number of fumbles for divided by the number of years as a starter. Romo 11, Brees 18, Brady 19. Fifth, even if Romo didn't play in every game in any year, he did play is some and therefore those years get averaged in as a year as a starter. Sixth, since your pro football reference has the wrong numbers for 2014 maybe you should use the stats on NFL that has Romo's total fumbles at 62 not 65, who I trust more than some outside site. Lastly you can't even keep straight what numbers you're using with in one place you have 65 fumbles and then in another you say 64 fumbles. Check NFL and use ALL years where Romo started a game in your averages. What you're trying to do is to say that if a QB has a passer rating of X you say it would be lower if you don't count his season with his highest passer rating.
clearly you didnt look at the link or comprehend on how i was referencing the 65 fumbles total and 64. I dont have the engery to explain it again. If you want to figure it out reread until u understand why i posted 65 fucmbles then 64 fumbles.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
clearly you didnt look at the link or comprehend on how i was referencing the 65 fumbles total and 64. I dont have the engery to explain it again. If you want to figure it out reread until u understand why i posted 65 fucmbles then 64 fumbles.

Again it's the info you're using. Yes I did look at your link and YES it is not what the NFL has.TRY THE NFL!. Just think, would would have the more accurate stats, the entity that that owns everything that is NFL and determines the official stats for everything in the NFL or some outside source? There is an obvious difference and like most people will go with what the NFL has for stats. You don't have the energy because you must by now realize your stats source is wrong.