My thoughts/opinions about last night's Super Bowl

Bigdog

Reaction score
Trey Lance was sitting home thinking, " We would've won that game with me starting"
That is why we traded a 4th for him. With that kinda of thinking there is no telling where he can take us

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The 49ers lost the game because they couldn’t stop Mahomes with the game on the line in regulation and OT. San Francisco had a three-point lead with 1:53 left in regulation and KC drove from their own 25 to tie the game was just three seconds left. San Francisco had the lead again by three points in OT but couldn’t stop Mahomes.

1942willys

Reaction score
The 49ers lost the game because they couldn’t stop Mahomes with the game on the line in regulation and OT. San Francisco had a three-point lead with 1:53 left in regulation and KC drove from their own 25 to tie the game was just three seconds left. San Francisco had the lead again by three points in OT but couldn’t stop Mahomes.
SF wins that game fairly easily against any other team in the NFL
Mahomes just is unreal
He is one of a kind; we will not likely see his equal in our lifetimes. Let alone better
and Reid is his perfect complement as HC; just like Brady and BB

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
My main thought is how great is it to be the Hunt family, ....hire your GM, HC, sign checks and stay out of the freaking way.....oh, and go collect your SB trophy....

Hadenough

Reaction score
To win a SB you have to have a defense and you have to have QB that can chip away at the other teams defense and occasionally making big plays. Dallas has neither. Oh well gonna be a fun next season.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
In OT, when the 49ers had to settle for a field goal, and give it back to Mahommes with two minutes left, I was like, "Oh, no!" It brought back memories of Buffalo's playoff games against Mahommes. If there's any time left, Mahammes will probably find a way to score. Last season, he got the ball back with only 13 seconds left and down by 3, and somehow Mahommes got his team in range for a tying field goal. Now Bills fans are just as haunted by "13 seconds" as they are with "wide right."
When the 9ers had that 4th down in OT and elected to kick a field goal, I honestly wondered if they should go for it, or even try a fake field goal. The prospect of giving it back to Mahommes with two min left sounded awful. Of course, if they went for it and failed, they would have never heard the end of it. Kicking that field goal made sense from a conventional wisdom standpoint. But Mahommes is some kind of magician.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
If any Cowboys pushed their HC and then the team won the SB anyway, no one would care. Besides, that's for the team to administer .... after you're done celebrating a championship that all the other teams wanted but didn't get. Non-issue.
I wonder if Micah saw this and is getting any ideas.

Maybe he could take it up a notch and push the owner. Or maybe throw a banana cream pie in his face or something.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
On a positive note, the 49ers have gone longer without a Super Bowl win than the Cowboys.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Did anyone notice how the KC DB’s play . Guys like Diggs & Bland with talent should watch the Chiefs DB’s on tape for technique and the lack of space the Chiefs give receivers .

AyeAtey

Reaction score
SF got too conservative.

Started OT with 2 big plays for yardage and field position, then decided to play it safe with the run(s)and a feeble pass behind LOS putting them in an obvious position and KC had the right answer.

Coaching.

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
I believe Chris Jones is as important to the Chiefs as Mahomes is. People laugh at that but the Chiefs are a different team without him. They aren’t beating Burrow or Allen without Chris Jones even with the Mahomes show…

GMO415

Reaction score
My takeaway: DAL doesn't have what it takes to even hold those teams' cleats. Dallas is beyond soft.

btcutter

Reaction score
Balty did the same thing in the AFC Championship game. They were the #1 team in football at running the ball and they went away from what they do best. It’s the Mahomes factor IMO.

Also every time SF was in those 3rd situations Spags blitzed giving Purdy no time to get a good pass off. Brilliant by him.
Romo correctly called that Spags tendency out over and over on air but apparently no one on 49ers was listening.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mahomes is on another level. He knows how to win, and with a set of wrs that are as bad as any I've seen in years.

kskboys

Reaction score
My thoughts from last night are, we just watched KC go into Buffalo and win a game in which they were underdogs and most thought they would lose. Then go to into Baltimore and beat the #1 seed in a game they were underdogs. Then beat the #1 seed 49ers in a game they were underdogs.

The blueprint is in Kansas City on how to win super bowls having done that 3 out of the last 4 years. It would be in the Cowboys best interest to stop screwing around and study and figure out how the Chiefs are doing it and do their best to duplicate it.
Here's your start: We draft Jaylon, they take Chris Jones 3 picks later.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Championship culture. Championship mentality and mindset. Football knowledgeable GMs who built Championship rosters.. The result is in most cases lead to Chips.