My thoughts. season over

Hadenough

Reaction score
Im already disappointed Linehan hasn’t been fired yet. But, i think he will be. And the first guy that should be in Dallas is Gary Kubiak.

But what the hell happened to the defense yesterday? Ill tell you what happened, The team didnt do what teams do to them...LOAD THE BOX. Put your CBs in man and force Goff to beat you. When Dallas was in man Goff was bad, then Dallas switched to zone and all of the sudden them inside routes started working. Marinelli and Richards got destroyed by a motion presnap. They had no answer for the movement that took the defense off balance to one side.

I want to know why they continued to line up the DTs on the outside shoulder of the guards on virtually every play. That allowed it to be a simple double on the NT. Because if youre lined up on the outside shoulder ur not going to cross the Guard to go inside. Made it easy for the double to take Woods out of the play because he was already going outside and the run went right to where there was nobody but LVE who couldnt get off the block. Vander hasnt been the same since that ankle injury. Rams didnt fear any 3tech Dallas inserted.

On offense we saw who leader and face of this team is..Its not the elliot, its not the defense. Its Dak Prescott's team. Elliot was a non factor all night, it was Dak who kept them in it until the defense gave it up. Dak found the open guy and took what they gave him. Those that think Dak isnt a franchise QB have no clue what one is. Goff was missing throws you arm chair GMs bash Dak for. But called it a throw away lol.

Dallas needs to do some work in the offseason but nothing too drastic. This is a very good young football team.
I blame this loss on the coaches!! The Dallas Cowboys played way too many close games during the season and just were flat out worn out mentally and physically. Garrett ran Zeke into the ground just trying to save his own job. Before the season started I was saying Garrett is just dumb enough to take your prized race horse and run him into a brick wall all season instead of getting a thumper big back to take those carries. Daks getting better but his 3rd down conversion rate in the first half was awful. 3rd Down conversions would of helped that defense out a lot along with changing field position.

tm1119

Reaction score
I know we are young, but I still want to see this team make significant upgrades. The odds of us being able to go through the regular season only beating 1 team outside of the division with a winning record again seems pretty low. I would also expect the division to improve to where 5-1 is less likely. Basically, it’s going to be a harder battle next year and the standard should now be get to the Conference Championship game or its a failed season. Gotta keep building up, don’t settle and assume improvements

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I cannot self-reconcile what some people think players and coaches can or cannot do. The Rams shut down the run because: A) the offensive linemen were allowing themselves to often get flat outmuscled and techniqued out of their blocking scheme and B) Colombo, Linehan and Prescott did not perform enough presnap adjustments for what the Rams front four were showing each down to run AWAY from their strengthes. There were few running lanes.

Elliott did not instantly regress into a subpar player. It does not matter what level of football. Pick the greatest running backs to ever play the game. No running back has or can overcome being stoned at the first level of the defense. The 4th down where the play had Elliott running into the teeth of the Rams defensive line will be infamous for a long time.

Whatever. Keep blaming Elliott for what he was not allowed to do while all eyes saw what CJ Anderson did that our defense and coaching permitted him to do by comparison. Then again, the problem is always seeing and comprehending,

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Im already disappointed Linehan hasn’t been fired yet. But, i think he will be. And the first guy that should be in Dallas is Gary Kubiak.

But what the hell happened to the defense yesterday? Ill tell you what happened, The team didnt do what teams do to them...LOAD THE BOX. Put your CBs in man and force Goff to beat you. When Dallas was in man Goff was bad, then Dallas switched to zone and all of the sudden them inside routes started working. Marinelli and Richards got destroyed by a motion presnap. They had no answer for the movement that took the defense off balance to one side.

I want to know why they continued to line up the DTs on the outside shoulder of the guards on virtually every play. That allowed it to be a simple double on the NT. Because if youre lined up on the outside shoulder ur not going to cross the Guard to go inside. Made it easy for the double to take Woods out of the play because he was already going outside and the run went right to where there was nobody but LVE who couldnt get off the block. Vander hasnt been the same since that ankle injury. Rams didnt fear any 3tech Dallas inserted.

On offense we saw who leader and face of this team is..Its not the elliot, its not the defense. Its Dak Prescott's team. Elliot was a non factor all night, it was Dak who kept them in it until the defense gave it up. Dak found the open guy and took what they gave him. Those that think Dak isnt a franchise QB have no clue what one is. Goff was missing throws you arm chair GMs bash Dak for. But called it a throw away lol.

Dallas needs to do some work in the offseason but nothing too drastic. This is a very good young football team.
Yes, but..

here comes my biggest butt with DAK.

His accuracy is just a problem.

He misses open WRs downfield wide open (see Gallup) for TDs..

he will always throw an interception directly to the opposing LBer who is so startled it hits them in the chest and they drop it.

We are lucky that crap has not been taken back by the other team.

I said in another thread we need to be very cautious with DAK.

IMO he is a running college QB in a pro system that requires accuracy to work right.

Aikman said you either have accuracy or not.

DAK does not have it.

That's is my feelings on him.

Otherwise I like everything about him.

Swagger

Reaction score
Yes, but..

here comes my biggest butt with DAK.

His accuracy is just a problem.

He misses open WRs downfield wide open (see Gallup) for TDs..

he will always throw an interception directly to the opposing LBer who is so startled it hits them in the chest and they drop it.

We are lucky that crap has not been taken back by the other team.

I said in another thread we need to be very cautious with DAK.

IMO he is a running college QB in a pro system that requires accuracy to work right.

Aikman said you either have accuracy or not.

DAK does not have it.

That's is my feelings on him.

Otherwise I like everything about him.

I agree.

But we will be deemed to be haters and anti-Cowboys for thinking it even though we just want to win the Superbowl.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I cannot self-reconcile what some people think players and coaches can or cannot do. The Rams shut down the run because: A) the offensive linemen were allowing themselves to often get flat outmuscled and techniqued out of their blocking scheme and B) Colombo, Linehan and Prescott did not perform enough presnap adjustments for what the Rams front four were showing each down to run AWAY from their strengthes. There were few running lanes.

Elliott did not instantly regress into a subpar player. It does not matter what level of football. Pick the greatest running backs to ever play the game. No running back has or can overcome being stoned at the first level of the defense. The 4th down where the play had Elliott running into the teeth of the Rams defensive line will be infamous for a long time.

Whatever. Keep blaming Elliott for what he was not allowed to do while all eyes saw what CJ Anderson did that our defense and coaching permitted him to do by comparison. Then again, the problem is always seeing and comprehending,

Bingo, people just havn't come to realize the RAMS are and were the better team ... they beat the Cowboys in all phases of the ball...... NO EXCUSES.... It HAPPENS.

Cowboys had a good year, over achieved but in the DIvisional Round the better team was the RAMS

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yep these Dak haters want to say Dak missed wide open receivers and they rather have Goff but don't want to mention the wide open receiver in the end zone that Goff missed. It's criticize Dak on every throw but other QBs it's not the same. I said it before Dak is the most important part on the team and without him we would have been blown out. Dak, Cooper, Gallup and Brown were they only ones who showed up.

Dak has a lot of shortcomings but he had a really solid game against the Rams.

There are plenty of games that you can point to Dak as being part of the problem but our game against the Rams was not one of them.

The problem now is keeping Linehan and Dak together. We need to become more dynamic.

morasp

Reaction score
Dak was pretty good. Did you see Andrew Luck? He looked very shaky most of the game. There was a BTB article that said Romo never exceeded 200 passing yards in the playoffs.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bingo, people just havn't come to realize the RAMS are and were the better team ... they beat the Cowboys in all phases of the ball...... NO EXCUSES.... It HAPPENS.

Cowboys had a good year, over achieved but in the DIvisional Round the better team was the RAMS
Well, kinda. The Rams did take it to us and dominated as you said but there were in-game improvements both the players and coaches did not seize upon. Doing so may not have changed the game's outcome but does illustrate why the game was ultimately so one-sided despite the actual final score.

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I agree.

But we will be deemed to be haters and anti-Cowboys for thinking it even though we just want to win the Superbowl.
So be it.

Everybody who follows football and this team sees it.

Winning is excellent perfume.

I have enjoyed the season completely..

minus the title we all wanted.

The trend for us is we follow an up year by a down year.

Hhmmmm.....

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
We need another playmaker in the secondary and an interior pass rusher. Our young LBers will be great for years to come, we have some solid young CBs, and we have a great pair of DEs if they can stay healthy/out of trouble. I think we should try to get ET on a 2-year deal, draft a 3-tech with the #58 pick, and (I know people will hate this but) retain Irving for another year while our rookie 3-tech progresses.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak was pretty good. Did you see Andrew Luck? He looked very shaky most of the game. There was a BTB article that said Romo never exceeded 200 passing yards in the playoffs.
Romo Playoff Passing Yards

2006 - 189 (Seahawks)
2007 - 201 (Giants)
2009 - 244 (Eagles) & 198 (Vikings)
2014 - 293 (Lions) & 191 (Packers)

Kaiser

Reaction score
The problem now is keeping Linehan and Dak together. We need to become more dynamic.

And if you have one of the better running QBs in the league and are an underdog in a road playoff game, you might want to, gee...I know... maybe...

run your QB?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And if you have one of the better running QBs in the league and are an underdog in a road playoff game, you might want to, gee...I know... maybe...

run your QB?

That's one of my biggest problems with Dak.

That 3rd and 5 where he threw it to Cooper with a DB draped over his back instead of just running is what aggravates me so much about Dak.

morasp

Reaction score
Romo Playoff Passing Yards

2006 - 189 (Seahawks)
2007 - 201 (Giants)
2009 - 244 (Eagles) & 198 (Vikings)
2014 - 293 (Lions) & 191 (Packers)
It said divisional round playoff games.

Remarkably, Tony Romo never topped 182 yards passing in any of his three divisional appearances. Each of those three teams had prolific passing offenses, so opponents somehow managed to take that away in those three losses.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/btb...om-divisional-round-playoff-nightmare.426568/

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Rams sold out to stop the run. This OL and RB weren’t able to just impose their will and beat that approach. No question about that. That’s when you’ve got to be able to make them pay in other ways. They weren’t good enough or didn’t know how to do that either. And their D got whipped too. I’m not surprised the D got whipped, although I am surprised it happened on the ground. But I thought the offense was going to step up this game particularly through the air given that I knew Wade would find a way to slow down Zeke. But the O is beat up too with Jarwin and Beasley (and also Zeke I suspect). So I’m not blaming Dak, what I’m saying is I reject the narrative that this loss was on the D. I see it as at least a 50/50 split between the D & O. Neither side adjusted one iota to what LA set out to do.

How do the rams sell out to stop the run? By stopping it with their 4 guys? They didnt blitz, they didnt bring the S' up to the box because they ran single high which leaves the Down safety to cover the TE. Rams stayed with the base defense for 95% of the game which involves 3 LBers. They rarely had a slot SB in and used Joyner to cover the slot i suspect because Beasley didnt play. Maybe you should understand what ur watching before you go on a rant that is the polar opposite of what happened. Hate the fact that people like you want to run the assumption that a team sells out to stop the run when Elliot doesnt have a good game. Have teams done that yes, did the rams do that? Hell no. Their DL just destroyed the interior. Donald and Suh just couldnt be blocked. They alone were the reason Elliot was being stropped for the majority of the game.

The loss was on the defense plain and simple and as clear as night and day.

In other posts you spewed more none sense. You spoke about a 4 and out and 2 3 and outs.

On the 4 and out, what did Dallas call? the bubble screen to Austin. Austin goes to the overloaded side and is the back WR what play does everybody expect? In the chatroom people called that play when they lined up.

On the next series the 3 and out on 3rd down, Dak throws a pass over the middle that wouldve been a first to Cooper and it goes right threw his hands.

On the last 3rd and out youre talking about which was the first drive for Dallas to start the 2nd half he missed Elliot on a pass to the flat which wasnt going anywhere.

So again i say just because the team goes 3 and out doesnt mean Dak is bad. Clearly youre too busy banging on youre keyboard to post in here instead of understandin what youre watching on tv.

Now lets go from the drives from there.

The next Dallas drive 4:33 left in the 3rd

Dallas takes the team for a TD

The drive after that, in the 4th down fail by the coaching staff.

Again at the LOS presnap people on the chat saw this as i saw it too. they line up 2 wide with schultz in the backfield. Motion Schultz to the LOS and then motion noah brown to Schultz outside shoulder. What does this do? I leaves them with a possibility of a 1 route passplay? Hell no its a run all the way. Doomed from the start. Oh yeah and theres no Fullback and no Fleming as a extra tackle that they inserted on the TD run by Dak later.

Again i say understand what youre watching because you clearly dont know what ur talking about. Maybe you do but instead of talking about the bad coaching and situational coaching and other parts of the play not doing their jobs. Ur quick to say its Daks fault.

The next Drive(dal last drive)again Dak leads Dallas to another TD.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It said divisional round playoff games.

Remarkably, Tony Romo never topped 182 yards passing in any of his three divisional appearances. Each of those three teams had prolific passing offenses, so opponents somehow managed to take that away in those three losses.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/btb...om-divisional-round-playoff-nightmare.426568/
Thanks for posting the BTB article link for clarification. Your previous post misquoted the article.

EDIT: Waitasec. I should re-check the 2007 Divisional round passing result.

morasp

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the BTB article link for clarification. Your previous post misquoted the article.

EDIT: Waitasec. I should re-check the 2007 Divisional round passing result.

There are few certainties in life. One them is if you ever want to fact check Cowboys trivia just post it here.