My thoughts. work before FA starts

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just read where DT Gerald McCoy may be released by Tampa to save money. Steady pass rush and good against the run. Maybe worth looking at if released.

Verdict

Reaction score
I hope we play him in our 3 LB base. He's too good to just sit on the bench. Make his contract pay to play to protect the team against injury.

You and me are in the minority wanting him back.

He USED to be good. Not anymore.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The fact is but he's currently under contract next year for <1mil.

We should offer QB franchise value plus a mil or two total over *two* years, half up front, all guaranteed.

Dak avoids injury risk on his first chunk of change, we avoid Dak holding out and get him another year a the franchise price. Fair to both and a win-win.

There is no way we should be paying Dak full free agent price for a year he is under contract for 1mil.

Oh I agree ......we just need to get it done. Sooner the better....imagine how an NFC championship or Super Bowl appearance would have changed his value.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh I agree ......we just need to get it done. Sooner the better....imagine how an NFC championship or Super Bowl appearance would have changed his value.

Unless Dak accepts a Grade D pay check (which would not surprise me) don't expect Jerry @ Sons to rush and sign him up this off-season.....why rush????......I mean unless he has a Brady type season in "19" what teams will line up to offer him millions...get real folk's as when it pertains to money we are not the Salvation Army like we used to be....

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Dak’s getting $25M AAV easily. Guaranteed will be north of $70M. It’s the new reality for QBs.