My Thoughts

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Truth hurts sorry but it is what it is!
Now you and your Dak-Employees can start posting your insults galore.....HF....Peace and Mxmas!

Ok. I see that's not possible. Lol.
Merry Xmas to you too there!

superonyx

Reaction score
You’re right. I keep saying this team’s culture is just toxic. Starts up top. Imagine these players on the Pats...you think these guys would be sitting in the bench, or would even want to sit in the bench when everything’s on the line? To me that says everything.
None of these players or any player wants to sit on the bench with everything on the line.
This is a false narrative people have started to spin in order to justify spitting venom towards as many people as they can.

superonyx

Reaction score
LOL unless this new coach is going to produce a Ravens 2000 defense someone better tell us how the heck we're going to score without a Passing game?
Maybe we will get lucky and sign the leagues leading passer? Maybe we can find a guy who is top 5 in QBR and QB rating every year. Will that give us a passing game?
I hear one may be available.... AND I hear he wants to play for the Cowboys.

willia451

Reaction score
Coaching and management in generals are absolutely the nexus of the problem with this team.

Bum Phillips on Bear Bryant: “Bryant can take his’n and beat your’n and then he can turn around and take your’n and beat his’n”

Yeah you have to have talent to win in this league. That’s like saying water is necessary for life. What truly separates consistently dominant franchises in this league from the also-rans (what we currently are despite our five Lombardis) is the people instilling strategy, discipline, and motivation in the players. The coaching staffs. We have a guy way out of his element running this team whose best quality is that he knows how to tickle Jerry’s ear.

now I will add that Jerry ain’t going anywhere and he’s a millstone around our neck if he doesn’t have an epiphany and backs the *** off.

Yeah. Bum Phillips and Bear Bryant are both dead. And so is the era in which they coached.

The problem in Dallas is really not that hard to understand. Dallas is not a football team. Dallas is a multi-national global corporation with fans and revenue streams all over the world.

And it is run like a corporation from top to bottom; everything controlled by the puppet masters over at SkyNet Central Command in Frisco, TX.

Jason Garrett was hired not because he was a very good football coach. Although we'll never really know if he could have been now. He was hired because he was a great corporate executive.

And that's what the HC of the Dallas Cowboys has to be now.

And its also why many players have left and expressed relief that they are glad to be where they are now because it is about football and not all the other things that go on in Dallas.

There you have it.

RS12

Reaction score
I am willing to give several of the players the benefit of the doubt (at least for another year). They deserve some overlap and a chance to prove themselves under a real coaching staff and not some trainee that outsmarts no one.

I love how I can pop open the 1st page of FZ and see the predictable threads after certain games. Many of us continue to focus on the players instead of focusing on the fraudulent system that places the players in positions of failure.
clear.png

A real head coach that inspires and prepares his team places said team in positions of success. As a result, those players typically take the field and execute plays with an air of confidence that often equates to success.

Garrett and his staff are a mirage. They're fake. Kris Richard appears to be struggling with the dynamic of the two DC paradox. Marinelli and his buddy father time shouldn't even still be around.

Whether we all choose to believe it or not, a football team characteristically assumes the personality traits of it's HC. In our case, our team is soft, dumb. unprepared, and sloppy.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Continue to blame the players. Keep focusing on the trees and not the forest.

We have one of the (if not the) most talented teams on paper. It takes elite level COACHING to translate that talent to strategic wins between the lines.
What suggest to you that Jerry will hire a real HC and staff? Because based on the last quarter century I dont see it. He already has a stadium so.....

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I am willing to give several of the players the benefit of the doubt (at least for another year). They deserve some overlap and a chance to prove themselves under a real coaching staff and not some trainee that outsmarts no one.

I love how I can pop open the 1st page of FZ and see the predictable threads after certain games. Many of us continue to focus on the players instead of focusing on the fraudulent system that places the players in positions of failure.
clear.png

A real head coach that inspires and prepares his team places said team in positions of success. As a result, those players typically take the field and execute plays with an air of confidence that often equates to success.

What are the odds Jerry hires a "real" head coach? He's done it twice - Jimmy and Tuna. Both took bad teams and turned them into good ones.

The rest of his coaches made the team worse or just treaded water, but they made Jerry comfortable. As long as that's his priority, we're not getting another "real" head coach.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Yeah. Bum Phillips and Bear Bryant are both dead. And so is the era in which they coached.

The problem in Dallas is really not that hard to understand. Dallas is not a football team. Dallas is a multi-national global corporation with fans and revenue streams all over the world.

And it is run like a corporation from top to bottom; everything controlled by the puppet masters over at SkyNet Central Command in Frisco, TX.

Jason Garrett was hired not because he was a very good football coach. Although we'll never really know if he could have been now. He was hired because he was a great corporate executive.

And that's what the HC of the Dallas Cowboys has to be now.

And its also why many players have left and expressed relief that they are glad to be where they are now because it is about football and not all the other things that go on in Dallas.

There you have it.

I don’t discount anything you posted. In fact, I think we are in complete agreement. Winning football games is not the priority in Dallas. It’s A priority but it’s not THE priority. Marketing and corporate expansion, with Jerry Jones being the Czar as the face of it are the main driving factors of this franchise. Compare that to say, GB, Seattle, Pittsburgh, NE, Baltimore, SF, etc etc, etc. it doesn’t take long to see the huge singular difference between us and them.

fansince68

Reaction score

clear.png

Garrett and his staff are a mirage. They're fake. Kris Richard appears to be struggling with the dynamic of the two DC paradox. Marinelli and his buddy father time shouldn't even still be around.

Whether we all choose to believe it or not, a football team characteristically assumes the personality traits of it's HC. In our case, our team is soft, dumb. unprepared, and sloppy.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Continue to blame the players. Keep focusing on the trees and not the forest.

We have one of the (if not the) most talented teams on paper. It takes elite level COACHING to translate that talent to strategic wins between the lines.
I agree with you 100%.

THE ENTIRE COACHING STAFF MUST GO

Buttermaker

Reaction score
This business model is broken. No other successful NFL team operates like Dallas. It's not bad luck that we are on a list with Washington, Detroit .

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not much will change unless the new HC can hire his own OC and DC. He needs some power over the players. If JJ won’t let them do that then it won’t help much.

kwcool619

Reaction score
I don't post anymore, I rarely even watch the games. But I have popped onto the forum a couple of times throughout the season and checked the threads. And if you changed the names, the threads are just about exactly what they were at any point during the last 15 or so years.

The QB sucks/is elite (the forum is always split on this)
The defense lets him down/just makes things worse because he won't ever win anyway (see above)
Coaching sucks
We don't run enough, which puts too much on our sucky/elite QB
The players don't care (as much as we do)
We kept the players we should have jettisoned, jettisoned the ones we should have kept

Nothing will change unless it changes from the very top. The coaches are figureheads, the players know who they really answer to. Until the Joneses take a step back and develop a more hands off approach, allowing a coach to do his job without them looking over his shoulder, I sincerely believe that the names will change but the song will remain the same.

I will stretch the last paragraph even though to some it will make no sense. Just my view:

Someone from the Jones family and/or Jerrah's inner circle really need to step the-you-know-what up to the plate. Somebody needs to get into Jerrah's dome to let him know his way is NOT working to the detriment of this organization. I know there are people he will listen to and respect.

We can hire coach after coach after coach, but until someone with the cojones to tell Jerrah to let go and have football-knowledgeable people run things, there will be no changes. Obviously, if the "intervention" is successful, there will be better chances for success. It's up to the Jones' family either to accept the current staus quo, or make the difficult changes for the betterment of the organization, coaching staff, team, players, and fan base.

CWR

Reaction score

clear.png

I agree with you brother.

Ill say it AGAIN, it is extremely difficult to evaluate talent during a lost season. When teams spiral out of control, when coaches are unable to put players in a position to succeed guys DO NOT PRODUCE.

Everyone attacking this teams talent is missing the mark. That doesn't mean there aren't gapping wholes on the roster. It also doesn't mean all of these players have convinced me. It means you can evaluate in the current climate.

Fans aren't the only ones that see talent on this roster. League wide many will tell you the Cowboys have a ton of talent.

Lets talk about players watching film independently (or so Ive been told) or Mo Claiborne not learning how to study film until his 6th year in the league. Those are monumental coaching blunders.

CWR

Reaction score
I don't post anymore, I rarely even watch the games. But I have popped onto the forum a couple of times throughout the season and checked the threads. And if you changed the names, the threads are just about exactly what they were at any point during the last 15 or so years.

The QB sucks/is elite (the forum is always split on this)
The defense lets him down/just makes things worse because he won't ever win anyway (see above)
Coaching sucks
We don't run enough, which puts too much on our sucky/elite QB
The players don't care (as much as we do)
We kept the players we should have jettisoned, jettisoned the ones we should have kept

Nothing will change unless it changes from the very top. The coaches are figureheads, the players know who they really answer to. Until the Joneses take a step back and develop a more hands off approach, allowing a coach to do his job without them looking over his shoulder, I sincerely believe that the names will change but the song will remain the same.

Whatever coach is hired next will either call his shots or fail. I dont expect JJ and SJ to completely separate from the team but they need to support their coach and let him lead.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
None of these players or any player wants to sit on the bench with everything on the line.
This is a false narrative people have started to spin in order to justify spitting venom towards as many people as they can.
Zeke didn't take himself out of the game? There is no way Emmitt does that, even injured. Just saying...

willia451

Reaction score
I don’t discount anything you posted. In fact, I think we are in complete agreement. Winning football games is not the priority in Dallas. It’s A priority but it’s not THE priority. Marketing and corporate expansion, with Jerry Jones being the Czar as the face of it are the main driving factors of this franchise. Compare that to say, GB, Seattle, Pittsburgh, NE, Baltimore, SF, etc etc, etc. it doesn’t take long to see the huge singular difference between us and them.

We're not the only ones. Same kind of thing is happening over in Atlanta trying to replicate what Jerry is doing in Dallas. And...........their GM and HC are now in serious trouble.

All the best.

bodi

Reaction score

clear.png

what happened to clear eye view

kskboys

Reaction score

clear.png

X around 3 gadzillions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cern

Reaction score
I do not believe in santa, the easter bunny, the tooth fairy, garrett or gm jerry. I do believe several of our players quit on the team, including cooper. I think many players are disgusted with garrett and Marinelli. can't blame them for that. and lest I forget, merry xmas to all.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Maybe we will get lucky and sign the leagues leading passer? Maybe we can find a guy who is top 5 in QBR and QB rating every year. Will that give us a passing game?
I hear one may be available.... AND I hear he wants to play for the Cowboys.

*Dak doesn't throw for 4,000 yards*

"How can we win in 2019 when Dak can't throw for 4,000 yards?"

*Dak throws for 4,599 yards and counting*

"Actually numbers don't matter."