My Thoughts

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I can’t argue with the OP. This team unquestionably needs a new direction and a different head coach.

I’ll still maintain they will enjoy an initial uptick due to that change, but they won’t be able to sustain it mainly because of the Jones’ and the way they operate day to day.

Bob Sturm yesterday, as he continued to tear away at the awful football culture referenced the last offensive offensive play in Philly. “per sources, Cooper was not on the field because he wasn’t playing well.” Bob wondered how often that “per sources” affects the entire operation, it happens a lot the talking to the media about things that should ALWAYS stay in house. “Per sources” i.e the loose lips, the constant chatter, the search to always be talked about, the entrainment over football, the marketing of the brand, etc. NONE of it seems conducive to winning football.

dwdj75

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Trade the following staffs straight up
Baltimore's staff with Dallas'
Pittsburgh's ?
Buffalo's ?
Seattle's ?
Hell, let's go Chicago ... Tampa Bay ... even Cleveland

... would the Cowboys still be 7-8 ?

Yes, players make the plays, but coaches put those players in a position to make those plays.

Bill Parcells took a team that went 5-11 three years in a row to the playoffs in his first year !

He took Quincy Carter, Troy Hambrick, and that roster to the freaking playoffs.

Coaching matters.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I am willing to give several of the players the benefit of the doubt (at least for another year). They deserve some overlap and a chance to prove themselves under a real coaching staff and not some trainee that outsmarts no one.

I love how I can pop open the 1st page of FZ and see the predictable threads after certain games. Many of us continue to focus on the players instead of focusing on the fraudulent system that places the players in positions of failure.
clear.png

A real head coach that inspires and prepares his team places said team in positions of success. As a result, those players typically take the field and execute plays with an air of confidence that often equates to success.

Garrett and his staff are a mirage. They're fake. Kris Richard appears to be struggling with the dynamic of the two DC paradox. Marinelli and his buddy father time shouldn't even still be around.

Whether we all choose to believe it or not, a football team characteristically assumes the personality traits of it's HC. In our case, our team is soft, dumb. unprepared, and sloppy.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Continue to blame the players. Keep focusing on the trees and not the forest.

We have one of the (if not the) most talented teams on paper. It takes elite level COACHING to translate that talent to strategic wins between the lines.
Ok, you are crazy, lol
Good write up

kskboys

Reaction score
I do not believe in santa, the easter bunny, the tooth fairy, garrett or gm jerry. I do believe several of our players quit on the team, including cooper. I think many players are disgusted with garrett and Marinelli. can't blame them for that. and lest I forget, merry xmas to all.
Yeah, but do you believe it's possible for Poopydog to give a rational response?

kskboys

Reaction score
*Dak doesn't throw for 4,000 yards*

"How can we win in 2019 when Dak can't throw for 4,000 yards?"

*Dak throws for 4,599 yards and counting*

"Actually numbers don't matter."
Yes, this was one of the funniest things I've seen!!!!!!!

"Dak is so bad he can't even throw for 300 yards in a game."

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I am willing to give several of the players the benefit of the doubt (at least for another year). They deserve some overlap and a chance to prove themselves under a real coaching staff and not some trainee that outsmarts no one.

I love how I can pop open the 1st page of FZ and see the predictable threads after certain games. Many of us continue to focus on the players instead of focusing on the fraudulent system that places the players in positions of failure.
clear.png

A real head coach that inspires and prepares his team places said team in positions of success. As a result, those players typically take the field and execute plays with an air of confidence that often equates to success.

Garrett and his staff are a mirage. They're fake. Kris Richard appears to be struggling with the dynamic of the two DC paradox. Marinelli and his buddy father time shouldn't even still be around.

Whether we all choose to believe it or not, a football team characteristically assumes the personality traits of it's HC. In our case, our team is soft, dumb. unprepared, and sloppy.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Continue to blame the players. Keep focusing on the trees and not the forest.

We have one of the (if not the) most talented teams on paper. It takes elite level COACHING to translate that talent to strategic wins between the lines.
Your not crazy at all, your spot on! Coaching in the NFL is extremely important!! Good coaches make it easier for their players to make plays! Philly had a great game plan vs superior talent with a terrible game plan. Superior talent lost because of a terrible game plan!!!!!

ShortRound

Reaction score

clear.png

I’m rooting for Dak and hope we get a new HC that can truly help him and the team. But man he missed some wide open throws against the Eagles. That game was it, his chance to step up.

but I agree we need a real coach in here first.

black label

Reaction score
All the coaching changes in the world will not turn Dak into an elite QB. You have to have self talent which he does not.

Zman5

Reaction score

clear.png

If only your boy Tashard Choice was available to give a great pregame speech past weekend, we would be NFCE champions. JG ran out of a great pregame speech that worked so well against the Rams.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I’m rooting for Dak and hope we get a new HC that can truly help him and the team. But man he missed some wide open throws against the Eagles. That game was it, his chance to step up.

but I agree we need a real coach in here first.
Wow. A rational mind. Amazing.

Yes. Dak did underwhelm with the inaccuracy of several of his throws but several catchable balls were also dropped. I'm done debating any issues with the players until we get a real HC and staff in here. Then I will judge them by how they perform under reality vs today's mirage.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
If only your boy Tashard Choice was available to give a great pregame speech past weekend, we would be NFCE champions. JG ran out of a great pregame speech that worked so well against the Rams.
Hahahahah!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I don't even click into Dak threads any more. They're all the same. A bunch of people focused on the trees in front of them. Meanwhile, the forest is burning. A fake plastic forest full of dumb, ill prepared, soft trees.

kskboys

Reaction score
No one even knew who Marshawn Lynch was until he went to a viable team w/ a good coaching staff.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Wow. A rational mind. Amazing.

Yes. Dak did underwhelm with the inaccuracy of several of his throws but several catchable balls were also dropped. I'm done debating any issues with the players until we get a real HC and staff in here. Then I will judge them by how they perform under reality vs today's mirage.

Trying real hard. Dak’s not making it easy. 4 years you would have thought he’d have progressed on seeing the defense better, but he hasn’t impressed.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
None of these players or any player wants to sit on the bench with everything on the line.
This is a false narrative people have started to spin in order to justify spitting venom towards as many people as they can.

Maybe the players took it upon themselves to tank to ensure Garrett doesn't come back next season. These guys know the narrative that JG cost the primes of guys like Romo, Witten, Ware, Dez etc. and after the big win against the Rams saw how Jerry's eyes lit up and giving him hope to give Garrett an extension. Maybe several decided that for the good of the team and their careers to take a dive and force Jerry to finally let JG walk.