My Top 10 QB rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

Reaction score
A bit disingenuous. There was an 8 win season and and a 9 win season in your sample group. Insinuating that Dak is good for 11 wins a season is misleading.

Then there is 2020. The Dak lead Cowboys won exactly 1 game that season.

Cold hard fac

A bit disingenuous. There was an 8 win season and and a 9 win season in your sample group. Insinuating that Dak is good for 11 wins a season is misleading.

Then there is 2020. The Dak lead Cowboys won exactly 1 game that season.

Cold hard facts.
How is that disingenuous? The average came out to 11 games.

The year he was hurt we didn’t come close to that. We have won 12 games a year since then.

Like I said, you can give all the reasoning and spin it how you want but the numbers are the numbers and they don’t lie.

Edit: 10.89 games/year.

Last edited:

gtb1943

Reaction score
You know people's memories and it's really comical because you don't remember all the plays and the games of other players and yes Peyton Manning and year 7 won a Super Bowl that be the 2006 season 2007 Super Bowl you know that playoff run he had only three touchdowns and seven interceptions it's odd that his team somehow overcame that and somehow you're giving all the credit to the quarterback if Prescott had seven interceptions during a playoff run when people be talking about that ohh that's right his team won a Super Bowl so they forget about it just like when Matthew Stafford led the league and interceptions had two in the Super bowl and people just don't even talk about it this is a team game it will always be a team game they were talking about Peyton Manning the same way they were talking about Prescott and he finally got a Super Bowl but if you look at his stats that year I mean the dude had three touchdowns and seven interceptions in those playoffs yeah they were four and ohh but somehow now all the credit goes to Peyton Manning you act like this dude never made mistakes this man made a lot of mistakes and a lot of them were in the playoffs with a big turnover... So he played 15 years in the league and got 2 Super Bowls and that's great he was one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history but he wasn't a perfect quarterback and he still needed his team to step up..

But these facts get lost I mean how can you make an excuse for a man they had seven interceptions to only three touchdowns that's a pretty bad touchdown interception ratio but somehow his team won there must have been a reason it was probably because it's running back and his defense came to play his offensive line his defensive line his coaching staff they found a way to win despite him not being perfect despite any negativity that would have came had they lost..

FACT I'm not saying Prescott's as good as Peyton Manning but they have a similar path now that their first eight years in the league they're being talked about how they can't get over the hump and manning finally did and people believe Prescott can do it as well but he's gonna need his team to do what manny's team did can we stop making excuses for some teams and not remembering that Prescott and Romo had teams that didn't quite get it done when they needed to.....
Peyton Manning equals Dak Presscot
and you wonder why people ignore your novels

Fmart322

Reaction score
You'd rank Dak over Mahomes, Burrows, Allen, Stroud, and Herbert? NFL people are laughing at you!!!!!
Dak usually is one of the better QBs in the regular season.
Other then mahomes, Daks on par with those other guys in the regular season.
He stinks in the playoffs unlike the other guys.

Fmart322

Reaction score
For his career, PManning was 14-13 in the playoffs w/ a 40/25 TD/INT ratio. He simply made the mistake of being on the team that consistently ran up against the NE juggernaut.
I know, that's why I'd take Manning over Dak.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
1. Mahomes
2. Burrow
3. Allen
4. Stroud
5. Dak
6. Lamar
7. Stafford
8. Herbert
9. Goff
10. Hurts

Here's why I have Dak above those guys:

He's above Lamar because Lamars playoff losses has more to do with the offense. Dak with the exception of the 2 San Francisco games is always involved in a big defensive meltdown. That has never happened in Lamar's career with the defense he has 2-4 seems kinda bad. Dak's 2-5 is mostly attributable to his defense.

I have Dak above Stafford because Staffords 3 INT in his last 2 games of his Super Bowl run + plus another possible game ending pick dropped by Tartt would indicate that his team is good enough to overcome Staffords high turnover ratio. I don't see him as someone that can will a team to victory without an amazing team around him. Dak is just a better regular season dominator.

Dak > Herbert because while Herbert had that 2021 year where he threw for 5000 yards and 38 TDs, he's had successive regressive years back to back. Dak, on the other hand has gradually taken steps since - so Dak is trending in the right direction. Both are dragged down by their organization's history of failures, tho.

Dak is better than Goff because people put too much stock into just reaching the Super Bowl without context. Terrible Cowboys run defense, and a snoozefest dink and dunk Saints game with a very dubious non pass interference call. Against his first real test, the Patriots exposed him badly - being held to 3 points kinda tells all about him when the other aspects aren't clicking. I get he reached the conference championship game recently on a historically bottom feeding franchise but it was against Tampa Bay. If Cowboys didn't choke against the Packers, maybe we see a different result - because matchup wise...Cowboys match better with the Lions than Packers. Cowboys greatly prefer non mobile QBs like we've repeatedly been beating Goff all except... once?

And finally....Dak is better than Hurts because it's another case of a very flukey run 2 years ago to the Super Bowl. Far superior Eagles team beat down the Giants. An unfortunate Niners QB injury forcing Josh Johnson into the game. Playing well in the Super Bowl is one thing, but maybe he doesn't even play in it without the Niners' QB injury?? Niners proceeded to shred them the very next year when they were all healthy.

So yes, Dak is Top 5. NFL players say so too, tho maybe not in my same exact order or arrangements.
:laugh: .....top 5

The guy can barely run anymore. Homers gonna homer I guess.....for the record I don't think he's in my top 20.

kskboys

Reaction score
Even when not up against NE he never really seemed to light it up in the playoffs. Now that last year should not be held against him because his arm was so dead it should have been embalmed.
He did, though. He lit it up several times.

kskboys

Reaction score
Burrows could be elite but he has to stay healthy.
Old timers might remember the Colts QB in the late 70's Bert Jones. He was NFL MVP in 1976. But he could never stay healthy
Same w/ Paper Plate Pennington. And Andrew Luck.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak usually is one of the better QBs in the regular season.
Other then mahomes, Daks on par with those other guys in the regular season.
He stinks in the playoffs unlike the other guys.
I'm thinking playoff success should be part of the rankings.

kskboys

Reaction score
To be fair to luck the colts refused to build a O line and he said screw you
Yup. He kept getting hurt because of poor personnel mgmt.

You know, I used to resent John Elway for refusing to play w/ a crapp org, but the more I observe what crapp franchises do to young players, the more I understand.

UncleRico

Reaction score
You realize that "11 wins per year" stat that you're promoting Dak wasn't a part of all those wins. You know that, right?

Dak has only been a part of 11 wins 3 times in his 8 years in the NFL.

These aren't "cold hard facts". This is just another Dak fan trying to credit Dak for at least 5 wins that he was in street clothes for.
Weird correction but you’re right, he was only responsible for 71 of the 76. 94%

conner01

Reaction score
Why are you on this board?
Because he likes to read and share opinions just like the rest of us. That’s kinda the point of the board. We don’t all agree on much except that rowdy’s sux, but most of us value other’s opinions even if we don’t agree with them

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Peyton Manning equals Dak Presscot
and you wonder why people ignore your novels
Dude.... no one's saying that. In the regular season... maybe. But in the playoffs Peyton has the clear edge.

We should only get rid of Dak when there's a Manning kinda prospect available in college. beep Shedur Sanders and Quinn Evers ain't worth no Top 5 pick of ours.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dude.... no one's saying that. In the regular season... maybe. But in the playoffs Peyton has the clear edge.

We should only get rid of Dak when there's a Manning kinda prospect available in college. beep Shedur Sanders and Quinn Evers ain't worth no Top 5 pick of ours.
Dude, quit.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Dude, quit.
Ok that was written absentmindedly. Nobody is Peyton in the regular season. He's the greatest regular season QB of all time.

I'm a much bigger Peyton fan than Dak fan, btw. I just think Dak and Peyton in the regular season is closer than Dak and Peyton in the postseason - that's all I meant. Sorry! :(

tomokawan

Reaction score
Remember when Dak was gonna struggle without the great Kellen Moore and Herbert was going to go off? Good times lol.

Maybe a big part of Dak improving last year was getting rid of KM...I'd bet good money Philly struggles with him at coordinator. They'll run up the score some games, but there will be absolute stinkers as well.
Those fans will have pitch forks out at halftime of a 9-7 game. Where all of the drives stall in the red zone.

Reactions: CWR

cmoney23

Reaction score
Because he likes to read and share opinions just like the rest of us. That’s kinda the point of the board. We don’t all agree on much except that rowdy’s sux, but most of us value other’s opinions even if we don’t agree with them
"Because cowboys fans like to read and share opinions about the Cowboys . That’s kinda the point of the board. We don’t all agree on much except that rowdy’s sux, but most of us value other’s opinions even if we don’t agree with them."

Fixed it for ya.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
How is that disingenuous? The average came out to 11 games.

The year he was hurt we didn’t come close to that. We have won 12 games a year since then.

Like I said, you can give all the reasoning and spin it how you want but the numbers are the numbers and they don’t lie.

Edit: 10.89 games/year.
Because you are using this average to compare the ability of the team to win with Dak vs without Dak. The small sample size doesn't really reflect the reality though. There were two seasons of high win totals and playoff appearances and two seasons of very average win totals and no playoffs. Saying he averaged 11 wins is technically true but it ignores the significant variance that is hidden by the small sample size.

When you bring up the single season he was hurt you ignore that Dak was 1-3 with that same team before the injury. The team then went 5-7 without Dak. If you want to do the math you'll find out that the backups had a higher winning percentage than Dak.

Status
Not open for further replies.