My Top 10 QB rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFWJC

Reaction score
over their last 5 playoff games, only a few have played better than Stafford.
11TDs, 3 ints, about a 110 rating
team is 4-1

put Dak ahead of him if you like, but you cant be serious if its remotely based on playoff perfromance
hes been WAY better than Dak in playoffs

kskboys

Reaction score
I'd rank dak top 5 in the regular season.
Perhaps if the Cowboys defense stepped up more in the playoffs his rank would be higher all season long. Those mistakes he makes in the playoffs wouldn't hurt as much.
You'd rank Dak over Mahomes, Burrows, Allen, Stroud, and Herbert? NFL people are laughing at you!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
over their last 5 playoff games, only a few have played better than Stafford.
11TDs, 3 ints, about a 110 rating
team is 4-1

put Dak ahead of him if you like, but you cant be serious if its remotely based on playoff perfromance
hes been WAY better than Dak in playoffs
The entire NFL would take Stafford over Dak, all things being equal.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
2016-2019 and 2021-2024 we averaged 11 wins per year. 2020, the year where Dak missed significant time due to injury, we won 6 games. A five game difference.

You can try and spin it, blaming it on whoever and whatever you want but those are the cold hard facts. Can’t get out of this bodybag. @MountaineerCowboy @RoboQB
A bit disingenuous. There was an 8 win season and and a 9 win season in your sample group. Insinuating that Dak is good for 11 wins a season is misleading.

Then there is 2020. The Dak lead Cowboys won exactly 1 game that season.

Cold hard facts.

kskboys

Reaction score
If ages were equal, I doubt there's a GM in the NFL who wouldn't take Stafford/Barbie/Stroud/or even Derek Carr over Dak. Why? Consistency. W/ Dak, you just don't know what you're going to get.

Now, if offered the choice of Dak or Lamar, it'd be very interesting to see who they'd choose.

EGTuna

Reaction score
1. Mahomes. 2-32. Looking up and squinting to see Mahomes.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don't care what he ranks in the regular season. He's near the bottom in the playoffs or when he plays a great team.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Prescott is two completely different quarterbacks depending on the game situation and relevance.

I’ve never watched a more Jekyll and Hyde quarterback in my life.
Yep he's totally bi-polar.

gtb1943

Reaction score
For his career, PManning was 14-13 in the playoffs w/ a 40/25 TD/INT ratio. He simply made the mistake of being on the team that consistently ran up against the NE juggernaut.
Even when not up against NE he never really seemed to light it up in the playoffs. Now that last year should not be held against him because his arm was so dead it should have been embalmed.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Burrows could be elite but he has to stay healthy.
Old timers might remember the Colts QB in the late 70's Bert Jones. He was NFL MVP in 1976. But he could never stay healthy

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
A bit disingenuous. There was an 8 win season and and a 9 win season in your sample group. Insinuating that Dak is good for 11 wins a season is misleading.

Then there is 2020. The Dak lead Cowboys won exactly 1 game that season.

Cold hard facts.
Dak fans being forever wrong is just sad at this point.

In Dak fans world 11 wins or more 3 out of 8 years means on average Dak is good for 11 wins.

The math just don't math.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'd take post season Manning over regular season Dak in a heartbeat.
You know people's memories and it's really comical because you don't remember all the plays and the games of other players and yes Peyton Manning and year 7 won a Super Bowl that be the 2006 season 2007 Super Bowl you know that playoff run he had only three touchdowns and seven interceptions it's odd that his team somehow overcame that and somehow you're giving all the credit to the quarterback if Prescott had seven interceptions during a playoff run when people be talking about that ohh that's right his team won a Super Bowl so they forget about it just like when Matthew Stafford led the league and interceptions had two in the Super bowl and people just don't even talk about it this is a team game it will always be a team game they were talking about Peyton Manning the same way they were talking about Prescott and he finally got a Super Bowl but if you look at his stats that year I mean the dude had three touchdowns and seven interceptions in those playoffs yeah they were four and ohh but somehow now all the credit goes to Peyton Manning you act like this dude never made mistakes this man made a lot of mistakes and a lot of them were in the playoffs with a big turnover... So he played 15 years in the league and got 2 Super Bowls and that's great he was one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history but he wasn't a perfect quarterback and he still needed his team to step up..

But these facts get lost I mean how can you make an excuse for a man they had seven interceptions to only three touchdowns that's a pretty bad touchdown interception ratio but somehow his team won there must have been a reason it was probably because it's running back and his defense came to play his offensive line his defensive line his coaching staff they found a way to win despite him not being perfect despite any negativity that would have came had they lost..

FACT I'm not saying Prescott's as good as Peyton Manning but they have a similar path now that their first eight years in the league they're being talked about how they can't get over the hump and manning finally did and people believe Prescott can do it as well but he's gonna need his team to do what manny's team did can we stop making excuses for some teams and not remembering that Prescott and Romo had teams that didn't quite get it done when they needed to.....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You know people's memories and it's really comical because you don't remember all the plays and the games of other players and yes Peyton Manning and year 7 won a Super Bowl that be the 2006 season 2007 Super Bowl you know that playoff run he had only three touchdowns and seven interceptions it's odd that his team somehow overcame that and somehow you're giving all the credit to the quarterback if Prescott had seven interceptions during a playoff run when people be talking about that ohh that's right his team won a Super Bowl so they forget about it just like when Matthew Stafford led the league and interceptions had two in the Super bowl and people just don't even talk about it this is a team game it will always be a team game they were talking about Peyton Manning the same way they were talking about Prescott and he finally got a Super Bowl but if you look at his stats that year I mean the dude had three touchdowns and seven interceptions in those playoffs yeah they were four and ohh but somehow now all the credit goes to Peyton Manning you act like this dude never made mistakes this man made a lot of mistakes and a lot of them were in the playoffs with a big turnover... So he played 15 years in the league and got 2 Super Bowls and that's great he was one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history but he wasn't a perfect quarterback and he still needed his team to step up..

But these facts get lost I mean how can you make an excuse for a man they had seven interceptions to only three touchdowns that's a pretty bad touchdown interception ratio but somehow his team won there must have been a reason it was probably because it's running back and his defense came to play his offensive line his defensive line his coaching staff they found a way to win despite him not being perfect despite any negativity that would have came had they lost..

FACT I'm not saying Prescott's as good as Peyton Manning but they have a similar path now that their first eight years in the league they're being talked about how they can't get over the hump and manning finally did and people believe Prescott can do it as well but he's gonna need his team to do what manny's team did can we stop making excuses for some teams and not remembering that Prescott and Romo had teams that didn't quite get it done when they needed to.....
You waste so much time writing books nobody reads.

UncleRico

Reaction score
You realize that "11 wins per year" stat that you're promoting Dak wasn't a part of all those wins. You know that, right?

Dak has only been a part of 11 wins 3 times in his 8 years in the NFL.

These aren't "cold hard facts". This is just another Dak fan trying to credit Dak for at least 5 wins that he was in street clothes for.
Look, I think parting with Dak after this year would be in both our interests. I like Dak but just have no faith in him come playoff time. I personally think our playoff troubles aren’t just Dak because the same thing has been happening for 30 years.

2 things can be true:

1. Dak is a good NFL QB.
2. Dak has played terrible in the playoffs.

About 90% of Cowboys fans think like I do and then there’s 5% on each opposite extreme who are just absolute lunatics. You’re one of the 5%’ers.

Status
Not open for further replies.