My try at a mock

rkell87

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3272719 said:
ok, for argument's sake, it is an advantage

how much do you make of it?

I don't think the advantage is that great

i believe it is comparable to having the same players in a unit play together for years. it would help with the cohesiveness of the unit instantly. plus mike could relate to him and possiblely help him pick up the playbook faster by showing him similarties in schemes to what they did at usf or any # of things. like i said intangible, you wouldnt know that it they helped each other but they would

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3272702 said:
dude, don't get melodramatic

I've engaged rkell in a conversation for most of this thread.

If there's more to your story, then I would be glad to hear it.

I don't believe in shying away from receivers who played for Steve Spurrier. I tend to look deeper than school association. That's just me, and which is why I'm having a hard time taking your Swilling story at face value.
Which is why I shared more than just that example. See the bold comments below.

Hostile;3272684 said:
No, I really think it had more to do with his tackles, tackles for losses, and Passes defensed. He dropped in every statistical category in 2009 I believe.

I can go to more recent years for the same cautionary tales. I simply chose to use the same school and position because I felt it provided more insight. I never lack for examples in History Bob. Ever.
Thus there's no melodrama. I simply get tired of going around and around in circles. You asked why I had reservations, I shared that comment in bold. Then you wanted to know more and I shared the Swilling example. Then you maintain I am focusing on something that happened nearly 20 years.

No, I'm not. I am focused on his drop in production. It is right there in bold. I brought up Ken Swilling after talking about that basically to explain why seeing such drops in production raises red flags.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3272827 said:
Which is why I shared more than just that example. See the bold comments below.

Thus there's no melodrama. I simply get tired of going around and around in circles. You asked why I had reservations, I shared that comment in bold. Then you wanted to know more and I shared the Swilling example. Then you maintain I am focusing on something that happened nearly 20 years.

No, I'm not. I am focused on his drop in production. It is right there in bold. I brought up Ken Swilling after talking about that basically to explain why seeing such drops in production raises red flags.

ok, then I focused too much on the Swilling thing, but I've repeatedly pointed out that the whole Georgia Tech D, esp. their pass-rush, fell off from 2008

let's go from there...