My Wife Has a Phone Stalker... Advice Appreciated

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
He calls her cell phone (iPhone) dozens of times per day and if she answers he breathes into the phone. He especially calls in the middle of the night. The caller ID says "Blocked."

We turn her phone off when we go to bed.

She does not answer calls from "Blocked."

He is still calling 20 to 30 times per day.

So here is what I am wondering...

1. Is there any way to have her phone not accept "Blocked" calls?

2. Is there any way to trace out his number despite it being "Blocked?"

If there is on the second question, I am going to turn him in to the police.

If nothing can be done then we will hope he gets the idea and moves on, but if we can do something we are not doing then I want to do it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;4626211 said:
He calls her cell phone (iPhone) dozens of times per day and if she answers he breathes into the phone. He especially calls in the middle of the night. The caller ID says "Blocked."

If nothing can be done then we will hope he gets the idea and moves on, but if we can do something we are not doing then I want to do it.

Many services like Verizon offer Anonymous Call Block. You just need to call your phone company. Truly though. If you want it to stop, just shoot Yeager. :D

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just change her number. If it happens again in the future, then be worried and call the police.

Jenky

Reaction score
Hostile;4626211 said:

Dude, that's some pretty freaky stuff.

wittenacious

Reaction score
Tell your cell service provider. Call the police. Get it on record. They can and should both help. Happened to a former girlfriend of mine, long ago. Land line back then, but action was taken... the perv caught and dealt with.

Hope it stops... one way or the other... before either you or wife become too adversely effected by it.

Phone stalkers = lowlife scumbags!!!

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
Hos, I would talk to your phone company and the police. This might seem funny to some folks, but it's a form of harassment that can be fairly frightening. You have no idea who this guy is and have no notion of his motives or capacity for violence. What he's doing is wrong and he may also be doing it to someone else. If he stops on his own, then you may have seen the last of him, but I've seen this happen with co-workers and it can get nasty if they think they can get to you.

ethiostar

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it'll work but I found this suggestion online

http://applefanatic.org/iphone/guy-keeps-calling-with-blocked-caller-t26489.html
Access the settings features on your phone.

Find the "Security" tab. Some phones may have the security feature in the main menu.

Enter your phone's security code. Though codes may be different for each cell phone provider, the default code for most phones are the last four numbers of your cell phone number.

Scroll down to the call restrictions tab and select the tab that restricts incoming calls.

Select the tab that will block unknown numbers or any number that is unknown. If your phone requires you to enter a contact to block instead of a blanket of blocked numbers , enter 10 zeros (000-000-0000). If your phone requires a name to add to the 10 zeros, enter the name "unknown caller" and save it as the contact. Since most blocked calls come across without a number attached, you may also need to add 10 nines (999-999-9999) or (000-012-345-6789). Performing this action will usually block any call with this number format.

Hope this helps

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sam I Am;4626217 said:
Many services like Verizon offer Anonymous Call Block. You just need to call your phone company. Truly though. If you want it to stop, just shoot Yeager. :D

This is the best solution. Many cell companies offer this option.

#reality

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course you could always consider ..

Next time he calls, have her answer and when she knows it him, have her turn her head as she's talking to someone else and say, "It's him! Tell them to start tracing it now!"

That might stop it permanently :D

#reality

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Reality;4626236 said:
Don't do it at the phone level for something like this. Phone level blocking for telemarketers, etc. are fine, but if someone is harassing you, you need to put a stop to it because it might escalate.

#reality
How else can we do it? iPhone does not support the feature.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;4626243 said:
How else can we do it? iPhone does not support the feature.

I am saying that even if your iPhone did block blocked calls (aka: phone level), you would want to find a solution to have them stopped rather than blocked. The fact that you cannot block them at the phone level makes this a moot point.

#reality

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Reality;4626248 said:
I am saying that even if your iPhone did block blocked calls (aka: phone level), you would want to find a solution to have them stopped rather than blocked. The fact that you cannot block them at the phone level makes this a moot point.

#reality
okay.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
That's creepy.

Call the police. What if he knows where you live?

rocboy22

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4626265 said:
That's creepy.

what if the calls are coming from inside the house??

sorry, had to do it. i would call the police. this seems extreme.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Don't look to the phone and the phone company for help, get a record from your provider and bring it to the police. Get them involved, I'm sure they have enough experience to give you direction.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4626265 said:
That's creepy.

He'll die. I am armed and won't hesitate for one second.