My Wife Has a Phone Stalker... Advice Appreciated

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
hos, you might just want to file stalking charges against the call itself and let the detectives research who it is and where the calls are coming from...once they see the amount of calls coming from him that should satisfy the requirement for stalking charges.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Can't find anything, Hos.

AT&T can either try to block all numbers that are blocked as incoming calls, or just change the phone number.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
This fool better hope I don't order that TrapCall stuff. If I have a name, I guarantee you I can find him and make him regret this.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
anonymous call rejection. Google this and add your carrier to the end and you'll almost certainly get good advice. You can also notify your carrier what is going on and they should take some steps to help. Most carriers offer a free change of number if you tell them you are being harassed. There is a way to know who is calling but it will take either a request from the police and possibly a warrant or you can take it up with your lawyer who can assist you with obtaining a warrant for the calls. They don't like people to know that data is available so you may need to push the carrier.

rkell87

Reaction score
http://www.kall8.com/index.php

get this service, and have your wives phone forward calls to the toll free number(instead of voicemail), calls to toll free numbers cannot be blocked, this service will send you an email with the name and number of the caller, costs $2 a month and 6.9 cents a minute

ethiostar

Reaction score
casmith07;4626394 said:
1. Is there any way to have her phone not accept "Blocked" calls?

There should be a way online to change it so that her phone can only receive calls from numbers in her contacts list. It might actually be in the iPhone itself. I'll take a look and get back to you in a few minutes.

Going to check up on my answer to #1 for you...back in a bit.

What I posted earlier is exactly that.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
When the perve calls back ask her to answer it and give it to you. Then you just blow the largest and loudest most pungent fart into the phone *preferably one w/ long duration* and then hold your nose and listen. See what he says or she says.

How un-sexi is that? I would never call someone back who did that to me.

Talk about gross and not cool on the phone.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Dallas;4626432 said:
When the perve calls back ask her to answer it and give it to you. Then you just blow the largest and loudest most pungent fart into the phone *preferably one w/ long duration* and then hold your nose and listen. See what he says or she says.

Or an air horn. :D

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dallas;4626432 said:

I once received a phone call at around 3 am it really startled me. Anytime you hear your phone ring at that hour you fear there's been an accident or someone has died. Not only was I sound asleep when it rang but I was suffering from laryngitis so I could barely talk. I picked up the phone and with an extremely scratchy voice said "hello." There was a guy on the other end and he said "hello Linda it's me Dave." I'm thinking who the hell is this guy dating Wolf Man Jack? :confused: He then started breathing heavy and said "Linda baby you wanna know what I'm doing?" I said "LISTEN ******* THIS ISN'T LINDA" and he dropped the phone and hung up.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All of these different advice's given seem reasonable. The only problem I see is.....chances are it is a pre-paid burn phone. In that case, I don't think there is a way to trace it back to the user, unless he is a very dumb criminal/heckler that is.

For your wide's safety, just change the number and have the police working the case at the same time. It might take them weeks to go through this process.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Check your phone bill.

Look at the detailed view.

You can see all phone numbers that you have called or have called you.

My mom somehow has some block on her phone number and when she calls it says something like "blocked" or "unknown".

I can check my phone bill and see her phone number.

I'd find that *******.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
You should call a private detective in your area, if it truly is an issue. But a lot of times it's just some kid playing a prank. Feh. Either way, best of luck.

Wimbo

Reaction score
I have had 2 similar incidences in my life:

1) A girl from high school tracked me down after I moved to Dallas for college. She started calling me 10-15 times per day... I rejected her politely, then more directly (again & again & again). The calls kept coming. I got really weirded out (this was not long after the movie Fatal Attraction had been out). I called the phone company & explained the situation & they issued me a new, unlisted number at no charge. I later heard that this girl was obsessed with me and a couple of other guys... she committed suicide not long afterwards.

2) Last year I started getting calls that Caller ID said were from a nearby hospital. The caller left several messages saying that he had (girls name), and he was trying to take care of her, but if I didn't get him the money he didn't think he would be able to keep her alive (said in a menacing voice). After getting a couple of these messages, I called the police to report it. They said they would investigate & get back to me. He called later that same day... I answered & he angrily asked if I had received his messages. I said yes, and that the police knew all about him & would be with him directly. He hung up & I never heard from him again. The police called later to say there were no missing persons reports that matched the situation, that it is very easy for a hacker to change the caller ID tag on their phone to say whatever they want it to say. Weird stuff.

wittenacious

Reaction score
Wimbo;4626586 said:
I have had 2 similar incidences in my life:

1) A girl from high school tracked me down after I moved to Dallas for college. She started calling me 10-15 times per day... I rejected her politely, then more directly (again & again & again). The calls kept coming. I got really weirded out (this was not long after the movie Fatal Attraction had been out). I called the phone company & explained the situation & they issued me a new, unlisted number at no charge. I later heard that this girl was obsessed with me and a couple of other guys... she committed suicide not long afterwards.

2) Last year I started getting calls that Caller ID said were from a nearby hospital. The caller left several messages saying that he had (girls name), and he was trying to take care of her, but if I didn't get him the money he didn't think he would be able to keep her alive (said in a menacing voice). After getting a couple of these messages, I called the police to report it. They said they would investigate & get back to me. He called later that same day... I answered & he angrily asked if I had received his messages. I said yes, and that the police knew all about him & would be with him directly. He hung up & I never heard from him again. The police called later to say there were no missing persons reports that matched the situation, that it is very easy for a hacker to change the caller ID tag on their phone to say whatever they want it to say. Weird stuff.
Troubling... both described situations. There are some disturbed people out there, no doubt about it. Hate seeing such a disturbed individual reach out and "touch" Hos's wife; Hos's life.

Find 'em, line 'em up and let them do what they did anonymously right to all of the victim's family's faces. See how it plays out then. This sort of anonymous, weak-a** BS frustrates me.

Sorry. Just my personality... my sincere disgust for perpetrators of hide-in-the-weeds crimes talkin'.

Aaaaarghh!!!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4626481 said:
Check your phone bill.

Look at the detailed view.

You can see all phone numbers that you have called or have called you.

My mom somehow has some block on her phone number and when she calls it says something like "blocked" or "unknown".

I can check my phone bill and see her phone number.

I'd find that *******.
Done that. The phone numbers all say 0000000000. That is why AT & T and the Police are telling me they can't track this idiot down.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Hostile;4626605 said:
Done that. The phone numbers all say 0000000000. That is why AT & T and the Police are telling me they can't track this idiot down.

...could you at the very least get a new number (unlisted) for your wife?

Someway you need to stop this situation from escalating. For yourself and your wife.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4626217 said:
Many services like Verizon offer Anonymous Call Block. You just need to call your phone company. Truly though. If you want it to stop, just shoot Yeager. :D

C'mon, that's not fair... the act of dialing the phone just wears Yeag out...

silverbear

Reaction score
Jenky;4626221 said:
Dude, that's some pretty freaky stuff.

Yeah, the theme on this off topic forum tonight seems to be there's a lot of sick people in the world... Hos's wife shouldn't have to be subjected to that kind of crap...

Hope they nail him, Hos... and it would suit my sense of justice if they locked the two of you in a room for 10 minutes...

You wouldn't need any longer than that, would you??

silverbear

Reaction score
Hostile;4626413 said:
This fool better hope I don't order that TrapCall stuff. If I have a name, I guarantee you I can find him and make him regret this.

I completely understand where you're coming from, Hos, but don't go getting yourself in trouble with the law...