My Wife Has a Phone Stalker... Advice Appreciated

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
My wife's girlfriend had this happen. I told her not to hang up the next time this idiot calls but to tell him he's being recorded and the police are currently tracing his calls and will be paying him a visit very soon. He never called back again. The biggest fear these nuts have is being caught but most of them are pretty tech savvy and use prepaid cell phones to make these calls. Prepaid phones can be almost impossible to track.

Nuts who plan to do **** like this pay cash for them and make up any information about themselves when activating the phone which makes it virtually impossible to track these people down. The only way you could possibly do it is for police to check cell phone stores around the area and look at surveillance video of all the people who purchased prepaid phones using cash.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Hostile;4626278 said:
He'll die. I am armed and won't hesitate for one second.

What if he stalks your house and enters when only your wife is home?

Just bringing up possibilites.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
vta;4626318 said:
:lmao:

Sorry. I know it's a serious thread, blame the Chicken guy.

Season_4_-_Gus.jpg

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Get the cops to back trace it, the consequences will never be the same.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MonsterD;4626323 said:
Get the cops to back trace it, the consequences will never be the same.
They say they can't. AT & T says they can't, though TPD says they can.

I swear we've been going round and round with this jerk.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Hostile;4626336 said:

Back in my younger days, I would have her set up a meeting with him if he's local then I would be the one that shows up to "discuss" it with him.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hostile;4626336 said:

That is why I would just change the # and be done with it. Who knows what this guy knows about yall. If you do change the number and he starts calling again, then you know he is somehow an acquaintance. Maybe a co-worker, neighbor, etc.

It is a pain to change a number but it will easier and piece of mind when done.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Hostile;4626336 said:

Sorry that was joke, not a rude one at your expense, but just one.

My best advice is to find an expert in that field of communication technology, possible someone who does investigational work, maybe a private detective, or someone who works in the "spy tech" industry who might have an idea of what you need to use. I'm sure somewhere there is a community that knows more than in here.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
dexternjack;4626346 said:
That is why I would just change the # and be done with it. Who knows what this guy knows about yall. If you do change the number and he starts calling again, then you know he is somehow an acquaintance. Maybe a co-worker, neighbor, etc.

I have to agree with this.

wittenacious

Reaction score
dexternjack;4626346 said:

May just be my take on it, but I wouldn't change my phone number, or change my anything, at this point... other than heightening my, and my family's, awareness of everything and getting the police involved.

My way of thinking: The scumbags don't win that easily.

Yes, I suppose if I'd exhausted all other sources for finding relief and/or justice, and if I felt my wife or any other family member was in any kind of real danger, I might change my number... may even be willing to move. Not until.

Bastids don't get to affect me that easily. Sounds like computer tough guy talk, I know, but I'm serious.

On a more extreme scale we can all relate to: I supported building the new World Trade Towers right back where the originals fell. Screw the terrorists. Take protective measures as best you can and go on with freedom of life, when and where it makes the most sense to do so.

~steps down from soapbox~

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
1. Call the police. If he's stalking her on the phone, he could very well be following her around in other ways. In this day and age, I wouldn't take the chance. Who knows what this could degenerate into.

2. Follow whatever advice the police then give you. I would certainly get a new phone number--it's the only way I was able to deal with some really obnoxious phone scammers two years ago. But.....follow the cops advice if they tell you differently.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
Definitely get the cops involved.

There are absolutely ways that AT&T can provide the number. More than likely, they just won't provide it directly to you.

I know most cell providers have portals for law enforcement to use to do GPS tracks, call history, etc. In this case, you would have to grant them permission to track your wife's calls, etc.

If he's using a prepaid cell, then you're probably not going to have any luck finding the guy.

One option is to switch phones with her for a bit. My guess he won't get as excited breathing in your ear. ;)

Changing the number is probably the only way to really make this go away. If he gets the new number, then you know it is someone you know or the guy that works at the cell store.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Bill Wooten;4626369 said:
Definitely get the cops involved.

There are absolutely ways that AT&T can provide the number. More than likely, they just won't provide it directly to you.

I know most cell providers have portals for law enforcement to use to do GPS tracks, call history, etc. In this case, you would have to grant them permission to track your wife's calls, etc.

If he's using a prepaid cell, then you're probably not going to have any luck finding the guy.

One option is to switch phones with her for a bit. My guess he won't get as excited breathing in your ear. ;)

Changing the number is probably the only way to really make this go away. If he gets the new number, then you know it is someone you know or the guy that works at the cell store.

With Juke you never know

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
I would get the police involved. I would not hesitate. unless you are with your wife 24/7 I would want to know who is responsible for this so I would not have to worry about her safety.

At&t can get that number for you . they may have to be subpoenaed

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
1. Is there any way to have her phone not accept "Blocked" calls?

There should be a way online to change it so that her phone can only receive calls from numbers in her contacts list. It might actually be in the iPhone itself. I'll take a look and get back to you in a few minutes.

2. Is there any way to trace out his number despite it being "Blocked?"

Unfortunately no.

Going to check up on my answer to #1 for you...back in a bit.