My worst days as a Cowboys Fan

Red Dragon

Reaction score
After Jackie Smith, this here- below as it cost us at least 1 SB win and new glory with a young Zeke and a stacked roster we never experienced!!
hq720.jpg

This is why I always argue against playing valuable starters in the preseason.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's a load of garbage.
No, it's well chronicled by many media members.

1: Bum Bright would only sell to someone that was going to fire Landry.
2: Landry should have been in Dallas.
3: Jerry had the Cowboys staff try to contact him, but Landry didn't answer repeated calls.
4: When Landry found out that Jerry was coming to the golf course in Austin, Landry contacted the media.

Don't bother replying with the lazy, uninformed person's normal response of 'show me the link'.

There are accounts of it in multiple books and it's been discussed often on local sports talk radio over the years.

If you want to live in uninformed fantasy land, I'm not going to do the work to provide you 'links'.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, it's well chronicled by many media members.

1: Bum Bright would only sell to someone that was going to fire Landry.
2: Landry should have been in Dallas.
3: Jerry had the Cowboys staff try to contact him, but Landry didn't answer repeated calls.
4: When Landry found out that Jerry was coming to the golf course in Austin, Landry contacted the media.

Don't bother replying with the lazy, uninformed person's normal response of 'show me the link'.

There are accounts of it in multiple books and it's been discussed often on local sports talk radio over the years.

If you want to live in uninformed fantasy land, I'm not going to do the work to provide you 'links'.

1. Landry was not in Dallas and its huge assumption to say "he should have been." The whole world knew he was not, just like the whole world knew he was going to be fired. He wasn't hiding which seems to be the ignorance you are pushing here.

2. Landry contacted the media? Oh common. link?

The fact is that Landry knew he was going to be fired. He just didn't know who was going to fire him. Bum Bright, who lived in Houston, offered to fire him for Jerry, but Jerry wanted to do it in person. So, he flew down to Houston. But, Landry would have no way of knowing anything about that conversation until much later. He certainly did not owe Jerry anything.

Hoov

Reaction score
The catch.

Thought for sure the Cowboys were going to the super bowl - still can’t believe Montana completed that pass on 4th down.

Truck

Reaction score
Cowboys directly—losing to the 49rs and the Rams a few years ago in the playoffs. Especially the 49rs

But I still get the heaves when I think about those filthy green buzzards winning a SB and putting up with all the crap coming out of their nasty fans pie holes

Red Dragon

Reaction score
The catch.

Thought for sure the Cowboys were going to the super bowl - still can’t believe Montana completed that pass on 4th down.

3rd down.

And even after that, the game was still perfectly winnable. Drew Pearson would have scored a 60-yard winning touchdown but was tackled by a finger.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Troll them squealers !
:lmao:

You can bet I will. Oh, and if they pipe up about our last game with them, I'll remind them we were playing with a 4th string QB and how lucky they were it wasn't Dak they were playing. Thinking I'll open with my Zeke jersey (only taking my head and hoofs cuz it'll be too hot to full suit). That'll set the tone lol.

Last edited:

doomsday808

Reaction score
And even this one here doesn't compare to Rams' running back CJ Anderson coming right over to OUR bench and dare to sit his fat azzz right between Tyron and Conner Williams as they ignored and let that go by ... Wimps !
Grrrr .... :banghead:

i wished i could find a video of that one now ... !
Ahhhh Yes.

Capture.png

Swagger

Reaction score
After Jackie Smith, this here- below as it cost us at least 1 SB win and new glory with a young Zeke and a stacked roster we never experienced!!
hq720.jpg
Romo didn't help himself the way he went down but it was a dumb unnecessary tackle in a pre season game. QB already on the way down after giving himself up yet he tackles him as if he's Ray Lewis making a play to win the Superbowl.