Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by xwalker, Jun 26, 2022.
I did not. And later, my girlfriend didn't pass the I'll-be-loyal-to-you-and-not-make-out-with-your-best-friend test. So it all worked out in the end, plus we won the Super Bowl that year while she probably won crabs.
You get um Rusty!
Some unpleasant memories dredged up in this thread.
May need to go back to counseling.
I did a lot of hard work, getting over some of those losses.
You know I have to lol. Especially since it's Pittsburgh lol.
Have no mercy of the squelers!!!
That white portion of the sidelines where players stand is very slippery. If you look at the video closely you'll even see a ref slip and fall. So, CJ was just trying not to fall as his momentum carried him to our bench. To me, that wasn't completely egregious like TO running to midfield.
LOL .. oh spare me, ..,Sitting down " between " two Cowboys has nuthin to do with slipping and trying not to fall....
That was a opposing player's way of clearly rubbing it in ..in your face !
And we had our own two wimps that didn't give a hoot about it.
If that was Kevin Gogan, ..Marc Columbo or Erik Williams on the sidelines instead ...
I wouldn't exactly call Tyron Smith a wimp. And this isn't the good ole days anymore. Players are getting fined and suspended for fighting back these days. I was upset for a half a second when it happened, but I wasn't pissed like when TO ran to the middle of the star. Him sitting down was disrespectful but not horribly disrespectful. That's all I'm saying.
We got disrespected.
Hard to believe ?
- Anderson coming over to our side of the bench, ..deep into our side as far as the bench, that CJ decides to take a seat, right between two big boys ... that's a show up.
That was meant as a show up, ... that was meant to be an insult. ... and we flat let him get away with it,.. we acted like they were ok with it, and no big deal.
- Not even a single word or responsive vocal gripe to urge Anderson to get his fat butt outta there, ..man, that's wimpy.
- And little wonder that " wimpiness' translated right into Washington knocking the utter senses outta our QB with a vicious cheap shot hit to the head, .
. with zero Cowboys OL guys coming to. jumping to, ..responding to the urgency of defending their QB, ..instead we're just standing around casually, looking on..
- There's a degree and extent to where you're needing to physically respond and taking no prisoners defense for your QB,
vs getting into personal physical battles- such as Trysten Hill post Raider game fights..
That's why i cheered Lael Collins on, for showing up to defend Dak, against Washington guys, that seemly looking to throw cheap shots at our QB.
They traded for a future 2nd, 5th and future 1st. They drafted DWare and Spears in the 1st the following year.
I think you might be taking the intent of the thread a little too seriously....misinterpreting.
He didn't say "worse days as a human". He also didn't say he was miserable and dangerous about it. "Worst days as a cowboys fan" doesn't mean he's going on a spree about it.
Yes they traded down. Who did we take in the 2nd?
I'm not as old as some of you guys but here are mine, all within the modern(ish) era:
1. The 2021 49ers playoff game. That just really, really broke me and soured me on Dak.
2. The 2014 loss to the Packers in the divisional round
3. The 2016 loss to the Packers in the divisional round
4. Romo's injuries at the end of his career in general
5. Romo's botched snap in 2006 against Seattle
Yah and they took Julius Jones after they passed on Steven Jackson. I was close. (Felix)
No you wasn't. You were off by four years.
I gotta step in every now and then, just to pick with you. You know that. It's all in good fun.
Not bad buddy. Going off memory on the quick. knowing we passed on Jackson for a Jones RB. Just got the first name mixed up.