My worst days as a Cowboys Fan

bigE79

Reaction score
Superbowl 13 was and is the worst for this cowboy fanatic..** Jackie.

quickccc

Reaction score
Which is a tougher to bear loss ... getting blown out in a playoff loss ?
. or losing a tight competitive game in the final minutes and seconds in a playoff loss ?

- Favre's Vikes blowing out (34-3) in playoffs vs Romo in 2010
- Rams running amok on us for all most 300 rushing yards in 2018..

.. or close down to wire games such as ..
- vs Niners the Catch game in 1981...
- or Aaron Rodgers critical drive for a game winning FG (2016)

:oops:

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
Which is a tougher to bear loss ... getting blown out in a playoff loss ?
. or losing a tight competitive game in the final minutes and seconds in a playoff loss ?

- Favre's Vikes blowing out (34-3) in playoffs vs Romo in 2010
- Rams running amok on us for all most 300 rushing yards in 2018..

.. or close down to wire games such as ..
- vs Niners the Catch game in 1981...
- or Aaron Rodgers critical drive for a game winning FG (2016)

:oops:

1981 the Catch

2016 vs Packers

Irving vs Deion No Call

tm1119

Reaction score
I’m still waiting for the good days…I was 6 for the last super bowl with 0 memories of the “glory years.” 3 playoff wins and 26 years later and I mostly just question why I keep torturing myself with this franchisee. Gotta love sports

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
I've never had a bad day as a Cowboy fan. It's a game, win or lose I'm a fan. I may not be happy after a loss, but I will never let it ruin my day.
Sounds very comforting, but when you invest so much time and energy into your team the way a passionate fan typically does, a big win feels great, but a bad loss stays with you for a while.. It's all part of being emotionally invested, something that I've been cursed with for years.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You're answer may be technically true, but it's also disingenuous.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/29/jerry-jimmy-divorce-failed-toast-history/

Jimmy has said numerous times in interviews that he wasn’t fired and he said it at the press conference that he and Jerry have mutually agreed he would no longer coach the team. Jimmy wanted to move on. The only way he was going to stay in Dallas is if he got a piece of the team or got more control. Jerry in his own words said Jimmy wanted more control. This wasn’t a firing it was a divorce.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Each and every game the Cowboys lose is a disappointment, although, 24 hours later, I'm usually feeling OK. Here's hoping those days are limited to a minimal number this year! If not, I'll get over it 24 hours later. Mostly, I enjoy being a Cowboys fan, however. You should, too, if you remain in touch with what most important in your life. Find a way to enjoy it. It's the only life here on Earth you'll ever see. Make the most of it. :)

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Jimmy has said numerous times in interviews that he wasn’t fired and he said it at the press conference that he and Jerry have mutually agreed he would no longer coach of the team. Jimmy wanted to move on.

Read the article. Jones talked to family and other confidants before Johnson left and said he was thinking about firing him. It's not just Jones word against Johnson.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Oh, and the Jerry/Jimmy break up....

That did hurt the team. For me, it was the following:

McNabb and Andy Reid owning us from 2000 - 2002 and 2004, the Texans beating us in their first ever game in 2002, 3 straight 5-11 seasons from 2000 - 2002 to, for all intensive purposes start my time as a Cowboys fan, seeing the Giants win it twice, the Steelers pass us in Lombardis, the Pats passing us, the Packers getting their 4th, and the transfer of stadiums from Texas Stadium to ATT Stadium. It's a shame they couldn't just renovate Texas Stadium. The Cowboys haven't been the same since they left it, and not in a good way. The new one is nice, but Texas Stadium was an undisputed home field advantage.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
That did hurt the team. For me, it was the following:

McNabb and Andy Reid owning us from 2000 - 2002 and 2004, the Texans beating us in their first ever game in 2002, 3 straight 5-11 seasons from 2000 - 2002 to, for all intensive purposes start my time as a Cowboys fan, seeing the Giants win it twice, the Steelers pass us in Lombardis, the Pats passing us, the Packers getting their 4th, and the transfer of stadiums from Texas Stadium to ATT Stadium. It's a shame they couldn't just renovate Texas Stadium. The Cowboys haven't been the same since they left it, and not in a good way. The new one is nice, but Texas Stadium was an undisputed home field advantage.
I like the Cottonbowl better

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Read the article. Jones talked to family and other confidants before Johnson left and said he was thinking about firing him. It's not just Jones word against Johnson.

That’s Jerry’s ego talking. He may have been thinking about it but he didn’t. No owner is going to fire a head coach after back to back Super Bowl wins. It was obvious by everything that was happening leading up to their departure that they were having an ego clash and weren’t getting along. Success can tear people apart especially when both want the credit. Jerry knew the players loved Jimmy and that things could go horribly wrong when he left. There’s a reason Jimmy isn’t in the ROH, Jerry’s ego won’t allow it.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
That’s Jerry’s ego talking. He may have been thinking about it but he didn’t. No owner is going to fire a head coach after back to back Super Bowl wins. It was obvious by everything that was happening leading up to their departure that they were having an ego clash and weren’t getting along. Success can tear people apart especially when both want the credit. Jerry knew the players loved Jimmy and that things could go horribly wrong when he left. There’s a reason Jimmy isn’t in the ROH, Jerry’s ego won’t allow it.

Actually, it was family and a few media people talking...as in saying what Jerry had said to them...

I think it's more Jimmy's ego to quit before he got fired.

And your statement about Jerry knowing things could go horribly wrong is directly refuted by Jerry's statement about hiring Switzer or a hundred other guys to replace Johnson and still win. Truth be told, he was right because Switzer did exactly that.