Myles Garrett: "Please pick me Dallas!"

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I doubt Jerry would trade tony to browns. He'd trade him to a team of his choosing for a few picks. But we can package bunch of picks up to Garrett but the reason we are where we are now is because of us not trading the farm for guys. We built this team w guys through draft and took bpa. Not all worked out but we've been pretty on point last few years

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Mark those words down, hes going to be the best QB from this draft.
Could be, but I been hearing these Texas Tech QBs pumped up for a while and then they all suck. Sort of like how all Jeff Tedford coached QB were supposed to be good, but they all sucked, until of course Aaron Rogers.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team isn't one player away

Not even one player and one never firing away

I'd rather have the picks...at an absolute minimum it would cost us 28, 60, Romo, and next year's 1 or 2...that's the minimum it would cost

When you consider the fact that we draft a starting player with every pick these days...that's a minimum of 4 starters we traded away

4 players and one never firing and now we are talking

Stop with that. Quit making a Championship seem like a Mount Everest climb away. Look how close they came this year. You're going to tell me two star defensive players and a more experienced QB doesn't make them a serious Super Bowl contender? Sure they would need some luck along the way but all teams do.

lostar2009

Reaction score
same type of player? sorry i dont follow college football much. and highlight vids make everyone seem like a stud

Ok that's fine. But this guy is pretty much the #1 rank defensive player this year. Most likely he will go #1 overall.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
It's likely we'll have a plan in place to trade up if he slips a few spots, but I don't think we're going to #1 overall.

slick325

Reaction score
Stop with that. Quit making a Championship seem like a Mount Everest climb away. Look how close they came this year. You're going to tell me two star defensive players and a more experienced QB doesn't make them a serious Super Bowl contender? Sure they would need some luck along the way but all teams do.

Risen...is that you????

Tristan

Reaction score
usa_today_9670755.0.jpg

The Cowboys moved up to grab Russell Maryland...things as this, could happen. Even with current events.
I remember that, thought we were gonna get rocket ismail...sigh

Reaction score
How unprofessional. Think of the teams from 1-27 who might think of taking him. I hope the Browns trade down to the Niners, & Garrett wallows in San Fran for at least 5 years. I would rather the Browns get the Niners 1st round pick for next year, take Derek Barnett, & leave this fool in the dust. Barnett has twice the heart & ferocity that Garrett does, & is a much better teammate, anyway. Then, they will have two 1st round picks next year, when the QB class is 1,000% better.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
He calls nothing. He's a player. If Jerry Jones says he's playing in Dallas or retire he has no other option. This notion that Romo controls the situation is foolish.
Technically Romo can call his shots. All Romo has to do is become a distraction which forces Dallas to trade or cut him. If Romo starts talking, even though he wont but all he has to say is something like "if I started against GB we win" or "I think our team would have been more focus if we didn't have our owner on tv everyday talking" instantly cut...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Want the Cowboys to pick you, Garrett? Go get a girlfriend, slap her and have her press charges but drop them after the draft or smoke pot during the NFL Combine.

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score
I don't see Romo agreeing to play for the Browns. lol
I forgot it was up to Romo. He has ben paid well for his service and I for one don't remember any hometown discount's he give us. I'm all for a trade but this one is too Rich for me and NO one want to play for he Browns
No Garret is no where close to Miller as a prospect (probably won't be as a pro either)
You see it too

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score
But if you give him a choice of the Browns, backup in Dallas or retirement he may decide Cleveland is preferable.

I scoff at the notion of asking a player anything. Know your role.
This team has done just that. Let player's hang around past there expiration date because of feeling. They get paid to play this game. So if a contender doesn't want Romo do we give has job back because the Owner/GM love him. Romo didn't play for free

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score
Right there with you. It's not about being vindictive with Romo. It's about doing what's best for the team. Team over player. Always. I absolutely can see the owner allowing the player to get what he wants to the detriment of the Dallas Cowboys. Because...feelings and stuff.
Dead on RIGHT

Scotman

Reaction score

I completely agree. In fact, I think with even one truly stellar defensive player that everything changes. One guy getting picks. Or one guy getting sacks. One guy consistently getting tackles for a loss. Just one guy that HAS to be accounted for would make a huge difference.

Scotman

Reaction score
I doubt Jerry would trade tony to browns. He'd trade him to a team of his choosing for a few picks. But we can package bunch of picks up to Garrett but the reason we are where we are now is because of us not trading the farm for guys. We built this team w guys through draft and took bpa. Not all worked out but we've been pretty on point last few years

I'd be beyond upset if the Browns offered anything 3rd or above for Tony and we let him decide if we should take it. Heck, with where they are picking, I'd take their 4th and smile about it. I LOVE me some Romo, but we are building for tomorrow, not yesterday. I'm not sure you're wrong at all. In fact, I'm afraid Jerry might defer to Romo. I just think that's a HUGE mistake.