Myles Garrett: "Please pick me Dallas!"

cej757

Reaction score
Has a team ever made such a dramatic trade up in the 1st round like 28 to 1? I mean without a move in between like the Eagles did last year to go from 13 to 2.

Atlanta traded up from the 20's to get Julio Jones. I forgot everything they gave up to get him but it got them to about the 4th pick. Mike Ditka gave up his entire draft to get Ricky Williams.

Reaction score
get him to fail a pot test and he'll fall right into our hands

https://encrypted-tbn1.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRbC35O_t2wscmeeOomvXn4-gvStNH74kpSoHj3LcHFRMmaAn_Fw

nathanlt

Reaction score
Withdraw from the NFL draft.
Sign with Dallas as a free agent, get endorsement deals because of your production.
Make great money in your second contract.

Problem solved.

Section446

Reaction score
Ugh, the problem with being a half decent team... Never going to have a shot at a guy like that.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
This is doubtful but man this would be a game changer, this guy is an impact player day one at our greatest position of need.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Needs to pull a Eli Manning and refuse to play for the team that picks him.

CCBoy

Reaction score
usa_today_9670755.0.jpg

The Cowboys moved up to grab Russell Maryland...things as this, could happen. Even with current events.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Withdraw from the NFL draft.
Sign with Dallas as a free agent, get endorsement deals because of your production.
Make great money in your second contract.

Problem solved.

Can players actually do this? Because if they can why don't more do it.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
this would probably take 2 ones and a 2 and maybe another pick. But IMO this would be a smart move for both teams. I dont expect Dallas to pick high for a long time. You get a game changer. But heres the kicker for cleveland and why i would be a better deal for this and mark this down. They could draft the next Dak in Mahomes. Mark those words down, hes going to be the best QB from this draft. I actually wanted them to draft him this yr in 2015. Guy is a very good. And you get him at 28. for 4 yrs with a option for 5.

lol damn poor Romo he took shade when he first started for Dallas with those bang cartoons and how Peyton and Brady would laugh at him, and now on his way out he has a soon to be rookie begging jerry to ship Romo to cleveland lol.

Last edited:

ghst187

Reaction score
I wouldn't automatically assume this isn't realistic. Especially if the Browns think Romo has years left.

Romo's easily worth the first overall pick honestly but no way anyone pays that and no way Romo agrees to go to Cleve

visionary

Reaction score
If we did land Garrett and Jaylon Smith announced his nerve is firing again this place will be downright sickening.

You mean it's not firing yet?

What were all those "it is a blessed day" tweets from smith?

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can players actually do this? Because if they can why don't more do it.

There have been some that refused to play for certain teams. John Elway's and Eli Manning come to mind, and I think that Bo Jackson may have done it too, but I'm not sure.

If he was committed to it, and willing to sacrifice the money, I guess he could come out and tell the rest of the league "don't draft me, I won't play for you".

visionary

Reaction score
OK I have this figured out.

Trade Romo, Tyrone Crawford, Free, Alfred Morris, and Thornton for Cle no 1 pick. 5 for 1 how could they turn that down?

Throw in Jerry and Garrett and it's a deal

I think there is a law against 2 Garretts on one team because even one Garrett is enough to sink a franchise for a decade

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
There are some media reports out there now saying the Cowboys may be able to get a second round pick for Romo.

If so, I could see Dallas trading the 28 and 60 picks (and a 2018 selection) to move up to one for Garrett. They would still have a 2nd this year and could package that and a player to move back into the 1st.

This is just speculating on my part, of course.

wow, I'm glad you clarified that this was speculation on your part because I for sure thought you were the liquor store clerk and I was gonna take this to the bank

JBS

Reaction score
This team isn't one player away

Not even one player and one never firing away

I'd rather have the picks...at an absolute minimum it would cost us 28, 60, Romo, and next year's 1 or 2...that's the minimum it would cost

When you consider the fact that we draft a starting player with every pick these days...that's a minimum of 4 starters we traded away

4 players and one never firing and now we are talking

manster4ever

Reaction score
The sad part is Jerry probably will cater to Romo. I wouldn't. I'd look for the best deal there is and tell Antonio it's either this or your playing career is over.

No doubt. It's a business and besides, he's made MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of dollars that last few years and hasn't even played for crissakes...also part of the biz. So in the end, JJ and Will and SJ need to do what's best for the Dallas Cowboys.