Myles Jack...

Gaede

Reaction score
As far as raw talent goes, Jack is definitely at the top of the draft. Very few of the players projected to go top 10 have the elite qualities.

Personally, I want an offensive player at 4. That unit needs attention more

Enlightened32

Reaction score
I disagree...there is no QB worth taking at #4. QB and WR can be fixed later in the draft.

Drafting Jack would not only improve the defense, it would allow Dallas to move on from Rolando McClain. Plug Jack into the middle of the defense and Dallas' run and pass defense automatically gets an upgrade.

At UCLA Jack was used as a LB, Nickel Corner, and Safety (not to mention RB). There is no offensive weapon with that much versatility in this draft.

To me, going offense with their first pick would be a HUGE mistake.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I disagree...there is no QB worth taking at #4. QB and WR can be fixed later in the draft.

Drafting Jack would not only improve the defense, it would allow Dallas to move on from Rolando McClain. Plug Jack into the middle of the defense and Dallas' run and pass defense automatically gets an upgrade.

At UCLA Jack was used as a LB, Nickel Corner, and Safety (not to mention RB). There is no offensive weapon with that much versatility in this draft.

To me, going offense with their first pick would be a HUGE mistake.

If they put him in the middle he is going to get eaten alive by NFL linemen. His biggest weakness is disengaging from blocks and that's exactly what you would be asking him to do as a middle linebacker. I don't question his talent or ability, but he is not a great fit for this team, not immediately at least.

RS12

Reaction score
Is the only name I want to hear with the 4th pick.

Doubt it happens. Has to be QB, CB or pass rush based on contract value if they stay at 4. LB not considered one of the four premium positions. Only one of the four premium positions they dont need help at is LT, and Tunsil is the safest pick in the draft.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
If they put him in the middle he is going to get eaten alive by NFL linemen. His biggest weakness is disengaging from blocks and that's exactly what you would be asking him to do as a middle linebacker. I don't question his talent or ability, but he is not a great fit for this team, not immediately at least.

He's extremely physical with blockers, there were many games where he was schemed to play predominantly outside the tackle box but in the games where he played inside, like the Virginia game, he played some bully ball.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Doubt it happens. Has to be QB, CB or pass rush based on contract value if they stay at 4. LB not considered one of the four premium positions. Only one of the four premium positions they dont need help at is LT, and Tunsil is the safest pick in the draft.

If Jack becomes the next Patrick Willis/ Luke Keuchley would you really complain about that pick?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He's extremely physical with blockers, there were many games where he was schemed to play predominantly outside the tackle box but in the games where he played inside, like the Virginia game, he played some bully ball.

I've watched everything I can find on him and he seems to get engulfed by offensive linemen if they get their hands on him. I am not saying he can't play in the middle, I am saying for him and for us, it wouldn't be optimal.

RS12

Reaction score
If Jack becomes the next Patrick Willis/ Luke Keuchley would you really complain about that pick?

Has nothing to do with my point. You have to look at the cost of paying for the premium positions and getting cheap contracts where you can. Best way to do that is through the draft. I still think QB, CB or pas rush based on this at 4.

CCBoy

Reaction score

If there in the draft, for 4, I would not hesitate to select him.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Has nothing to do with my point. You have to look at the cost of paying for the premium positions and getting cheap contracts where you can. Best way to do that is through the draft. I still think QB, CB or pas rush based on this at 4.

Sure that's one theory, however there's another theory that believes in selecting BPA. There are plenty of JAG LBs in the league you can plug in and get away with, but the true impact players at that position are rare to find and don't hit the street.

RS12

Reaction score
Sure that's one theory, however there's another theory that believes in selecting BPA. There are plenty of JAG LBs in the league you can plug in and get away with, but the true impact players at that position are rare to find and don't hit the street.

Jack not impossible, I just dont see it. The draft is about cheap labor as much as anything. Five years cheap labor on an expensive position too hard to pass up IMO.

JBS

Reaction score
What happens if jack goes third?

Pack up the bags and go home? Skip the draft