Myles Jack...

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Right. To you and everyone else making this argument, I can only based my evaluation on what I see/have seen this team do. I can't say what they will do going forward. Getting Billings and/or another guy who can get push or clog the middle changes a lot of things.

Even in that case, I still think Jack is more suited to play weak side.

That's a problem if true we have 3 WSLB already .

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Just read an article that said he was going to have 0 limitations going to the combine so I would say yes the knee is good. Was only the miniscuse, no acl or ligament damage so really not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things

For the Shaq Thompson ccomparisons, Shaq posted a 4.64 40 with 20 bench reps. I think Jack is a superior freak athlete and will show it post injury.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
For the Shaq Thompson ccomparisons, Shaq posted a 4.64 40 with 20 bench reps. I think Jack is a superior freak athlete and will show it post injury.

He's going to post some crazy numbers at the combine. I saw some people say he would have been a 3rd rd or higher pick at RB. I've also seen speculation he could run in the 4.45 range.

tm1119

Reaction score
If that's the case im starting to like the idea of selecting him. In nickle it would be Lee with Jack and Jack would start immediately. BUT! I will say that if we don't address the 1 tech it will be a wasted pick. In a perfect world we take Jack and Andrew billings.

I will agree with that part. Looking a little iffy that Billings lasts that long, but there are a few guys in this draft that can do the job. Austin Johnson, Kenny Clark, Vernon Butler, Jarran Reed, Willie Henry...Billings would be nice, but it's sadly not going to take a high pick to be a noticeable upgrade over Hayden.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I will agree with that part. Looking a little iffy that Billings lasts that long, but there are a few guys in this draft that can do the job. Austin Johnson, Kenny Clark, Vernon Butler, Jarran Reed, Willie Henry...Billings would be nice, but it's sadly not going to take a high pick to be a noticeable upgrade over Hayden.

This draft is absolutely loaded at DT. We could easily see 10+ guys go in the 1st 2 Rds there. Hopefully the depth at the position pushes a guy like Billings or Johnson down to our pick in the 2nd. Of course we would have to be smart enough to take them, but thats another discussion entirely.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
McClain is a prototypical MLB. Hitchens, Lee and Wilson are all better suited to WLB.

The Cowboys drafted and view their lbs like Hitchens and Wilson with the ability for flex, Eberflus believes they can play all three LB spots.

Jack is a play maker, elite athletic talent that can play sideline to sideline and can play the run.

He is explosive and catalytic and would make an immediate impact even at MLB.

Brugler and others believe due to his elite skills and play making ability that he can play all three positions, this is where the Cowboys may have interest in him as a prospect.

I have no idea if the Cowboys would draft him at #4 or if he is rated that high on their board but Jack is in the top 5-6 of many evaluators top players in the entire draft class.

The injury history of Lee is a real concern, so they want lbs who are flexible.

Enlightened32

Reaction score
Doubt it happens. Has to be QB, CB or pass rush based on contract value if they stay at 4. LB not considered one of the four premium positions. Only one of the four premium positions they dont need help at is LT, and Tunsil is the safest pick in the draft.
So you'd pick another player, a less talented player, just to avoid drafting a LB?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Jeremiah has him as #3 on his top 50:

RANK

2555329.jpg

Myles Jack - LB, UCLA

Jack has started 29 games in three years for the Bruins. His 2015 campaign was cut short due to a knee injury. This is an explosive playmaker with a unique skill set. He lines up all over the field on defense, including inside linebacker, outside linebacker and nickel cornerback. Against the run, he has the quickness to shoot gaps as well as the strength to play off blocks. He has a violent punch to take on and separate from blockers and he's quick to locate and close on the ball. He's at his best in pass coverage, where he can mirror tight ends, running backs and even wide receivers. There are games where he covers in the slot and he makes it look easy. He has also carried the ball on offense and he has NFL starting ability at running back as well. He has vision, balance and an explosive burst with the ball in his hands. Overall, Jack has tremendous value because of his ability to dominate at multiple positions.

Brugler: Calling jack special, contact balance and acceleration elite!

RS12

Reaction score
So you'd pick another player, a less talented player, just to avoid drafting a LB?

All I'm saying is there is more to look at when making the pick. I think the a stud D Lineman would help more than anything. I am not convinced its Bosa. My gut says they draft a QB which IMO is the smart move. If it makes you feel any better they wont take Treadwell or Elliot either, who I think would help a lot this year.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
All I'm saying is there is more to look at when making the pick. I think the a stud D Lineman would help more than anything. I am not convinced its Bosa. My gut says they draft a QB which IMO is the smart move. If it makes you feel any better they wont take Treadwell or Elliot either, who I think would help a lot this year.

I have no idea what the Cowboys will do but there options to be sure.

I love me some Zeke as well!

Last edited:

Enlightened32

Reaction score
Drafting for need over BPA is a mistake. Thats all I'm saying. There is not another athlete in the draft like Jack.

Hell, name a LB in the NFL now that can play Nickel CB.

RS12

Reaction score
Drafting for need over BPA is a mistake. Thats all I'm saying. There is not another athlete in the draft like Jack.

Hell, name a LB in the NFL now that can play Nickel CB.

The FO learned a very painful lesson this year. You are no where in this league without a QB. What we learned is this team couldnt beat a pick up team from the zone without Romo because of weak backups and weaker coaching. They probably realized that they have to start planning for the future sooner than later if they have any brain function at all. At least this my hope. Jack maybe more talented than the QBs coming in, but he is also more replacable.

AzorAhai

Reaction score

For what its worth, S. Jones basically said what you're talking about in an interview a few weeks back. Something along the lines of looking for premium positions that high in the draft. He listed pass rusher, LT, QB and CB. Does that mean they won't take another position that high? No. I think it does show that they will take a player at those positions 1st if the grade is close though based on those comments.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The Cowboys drafted and view their lbs like Hitchens and Wilson with the ability for flex, Eberflus believes they can play all three LB spots.

Jack is a play maker, elite athletic talent that can play sideline to sideline and can play the run.

He is explosive and catalytic and would make an immediate impact even at MLB.

Brugler and others believe due to his elite skills and play making ability that he can play all three positions, this is where the Cowboys may have interest in him as a prospect.

I have no idea if the Cowboys would draft him at #4 or if he is rated that high on their board but Jack is in the top 5-6 of many evaluators top players in the entire draft class.

The injury history of Lee is a real concern, so they want lbs who are flexible.

I just want to dive into the numbers for a second for this play making elite athletic talent... He has never once had double digit tackles for a loss. He has 1 total career sack. His four interceptions are pretty impressive, but not off the charts good. His high in tackles for a season is 87. So, in reality, he really isn't making very many splash plays.

Now, what I will say is, he is a physical freak. He is fast and plays without regard for his own safety. He is thick in the trunk and an explosive hitter. He does have great versatility for those reasons.

With that in mind, what every person discussing Jack is doing at this point is projecting his athleticism. For that very fact alone, if not others I have already stated, he projects better as an outside backer.

You mentioned Brugler thinking he can play anywhere. That's a good source and, once again, I have never said he couldn't. I said he is better suited to the outside. Apparently I am not the only one he sees the issues I have mentioned either:

"Jack's ability in coverage make him ideally suited to playing outside in a 4-3 scheme, where his lack of ideal size is mitigated."
WEAKNESSES: Lacks ideal size at linebacker. Does not possess ideal length and can get caught up in the wash.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2079677/myles-jack

"I wouldn't get cute with him. I would stick him at WILL and just let him be a free running chaser. He has the speed to get to everything and his cover talent will set him apart." -- NFC executive

"Jack looks like a perfect fit for a Will (weakside) linebacker in a pro 4-3 defense."
Read more at http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/scoutingreport2016mjack.php#5ILQfydFPUUzIedl.99

Let me repeat, seems it seems to be getting caught in traffic even more than Jack, he can play every position, but is more ideally suited to the weak side.

Enlightened32

Reaction score
The FO learned a very painful lesson this year. You are no where in this league without a QB. What we learned is this team couldnt beat a pick up team from the zone without Romo because of weak backups and weaker coaching. They probably realized that they have to start planning for the future sooner than later if they have any brain function at all. At least this my hope. Jack maybe more talented than the QBs coming in, but he is also more replacable.
You are making the #1 mistake in drafting. You feel that the Cowboys need to draft a QB, just to draft a QB. Not because they are actually worth the pick. I really hope the Cowboys aren't that stupid and reach for a player that doesn't deserve to be taken at their pick. There is no QB in this draft worth a top 5 pick. If Dallas traded down to 15 then maybe Id listen to a discussion about a QB.