Mythbuster: Does Cowboys QB Dak Prescott have an Accuracy Problem?

johneric8

Reaction score
Dak is accurate enough, and stats do not support he chokes in big games try again. If you do deep analysis you will find that it was Garrett that choked when it came to gameplanning and managing our players more than it was Dak not getting it done. If a guy is close to be open Dak will hit him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Two really good metrics to measure a QB on are accuracy while under pressure and degree of difficulty of passes.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I saw Dak struggled more when he is standing still throwing short while the target is running an out route.

He seems more comfortable when the target isnt moving or on a go route and he is at his best when he is throwing while scrambling.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ll listen the the likes of Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach over some over weight narcissistic couch potato like you.
Hey, Trollport even you could hit the first target.....:omg:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He’s only a dink and dunk quarterback. Oh wait he put that myth to bed also. I think he’s as good as the time he has.But what quarterback can’t see that

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can tell you every single person who votes against Prescott before we even start the conversation. It’s not even worth having it any longer. No it’s not perfect but it doesn’t suck like they would like you to think

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The great Bryant . Jason Witten Who threw them there first ever playoff touchdown passes. Under pressure. It’s not who you think

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I can tell you every single person who votes against Prescott before we even start the conversation. It’s not even worth having it any longer. No it’s not perfect but it doesn’t suck like they would like you to think
And you can take it to the bank the majority of them would vote pro-Romo on issues related to him. The Dak hate predominately stems from 2016. These immature children just can’t get over it.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And you can take it to the bank the majority of them would vote pro-Romo on issues related to him. The Dak hate predominately stems from 2016. These immature children just can’t get over it.
You know I understand the loyalty for Tony Romo. But just a hit on a quarterback because of him. really is it ignorant it Makes you think they gave up on the team because of it. Imagine Wanting your team to lose because you hate the quarterback so they can see I said so

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You know I understand the loyalty for Tony Romo. But just a hit a quarterback because of him. Not really is it ignorant it Makes you think they gave up on the team because of it. Imagine one of your team to lose because you hate the quarterback so they can see I said so
They have become what they once hated.
Romo was blamed the same way too, they just chose to defend Romo whereas they chose to blame Dak now.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Prescott and Company can play like they did his first season. Which shows he’s capable of it. Under this new head coach I can see a championship

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If Prescott and Company can play like they did his first season. Which shows he’s capable of it. Under this new head coach I can see a championship
I wouldn't consider a first year a standard. Teams weren't expecting Dak, so he played much better. Elway, P. Manning, Aikman, etc., performed horribly their first year (compared to where they would end up). If Dak's trajectory was the same as the aforementioned quarterbacks given their first year of play, he would have led the Cowboys to the Super Bowl by now.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
It's not just about completion percentage. It's also about ball placement. Can Dak put the ball right on the money where the receiver doesn't have to reach behind himself or make athletic adjustments in order to make the catch. The truth is, Dak is not good at pinpoint accuracy, and never has been his whole career. He has other qualities that have helped to make up for that weakness. He's durable, reads defenses, and is mobile. So that brings up the big question if you spend big money to keep him or if you look elsewhere. That's a hard question. It's never been an easy answer. Here's a video by Quarterback School that goes over Dak's abilities, fairly IMO.

The same guy analyzes Dad some more in his discussion if the Cowboys should pay him big money to keep him. That video is here.

Whether to give him a big pay day to keep him is not an easy question. It's a difficult and complicated one, and anyone who says otherwise is oversimplifying things. There is the option of going with Dalton short-term and then drafting one or more quarterbacks. That option comes with its own set of complications and would also be a very tough decision to make. Take these videos for what they're worth. IMO, they're good and fair analysis, though I believe they were made before the signing of Dalton.