TRADED Nahshon Wright traded

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It's not an upgrade, just a look-see to evaluate if he'll do better in Zimm's defense in the same role. They knew Wright wasn't close to good enough. Bottom roster churning pretty much
Yeah I think it’s a 3 week look at a guy they likely cut but want to see if he’s worth bringing back later in the season in case of injuries.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Did Zimmer draft booth? He might have some familiarity with what Zimmer wants to do. Wright was a Quinn guy and possibly a hard fit. I like the trade.
No, he was O’connell’s first draft

Vikings had a CB die this offseason, and two others are currently dealing with moderate leg injuries. If Booth couldn’t stick on that roster… yikes

fivetwos

Reaction score
What a waste of a draft pick.

For all of you in love with comp picks, that’s who they took with the highest one they ever had, or could ever get.

They treated it like a throwaway. Guy had a consensus 7th round grade and was taken in the third because Dan Quinn worked him out personally and like his long arms.

They are actually better in the 5th and 6th rounds than the 2nd and 3rd.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Hated the Wright pick from the jump. This is just like Bossman trade to Miami. Our bust for yours.
Ridiculous Quinn Pet Cat pick. It was obvious from the start the guy couldn't play at all. This obsession with height and arm length is absurd.

I seriously think they make these trades sometimes just so the headlines aren't that they cut a high draft pick. Trade sounds better, then doesn't get as much attention once you cut the trade piece.

chagus

Reaction score
As draft prospects there is no comparison. Booth was levels above Wright.

I like it. You're getting a look at a once solid prospect for a guy you know can't play.

I just wish it added an extra corner. Maybe we can sign someone else.
Thanks for the insight.

RS12

Reaction score
Ridiculous Quinn Pet Cat pick. It was obvious from the start the guy couldn't play at all. This obsession with height and arm length is absurd.

I seriously think they make these trades sometimes just so the headlines aren't that they cut a high draft pick. Trade sounds better, then doesn't get as much attention once you cut the trade piece.
Has anybody done a study on how often these trait picks work out? My biggest issue with Wright was he tested a very linear athlete. I mean it isnt like a DB needs to have the ability to change directions well or anything. Amiright?

hsfolk

Reaction score
could've had Paulson Adebo in the 3rd that year who went one pick after Osa