Nail in the coffin for Dez

nobody

Reaction score
One of these days - hopefully - fans will get over Dez and Romo coming back and saving the day.

Helps to read the words and not assume....never once did I say in this thread that I wanted him back. I'd be happy for him if a team signed him, but I didn't say I wanted him.

Big_D

Reaction score
I don’t think so. You still have a need for that Witten-type, ‘third and goal from the 3’ inside slant body. He was never going to be that outside dynamite 50/50 ball guy if he came back, so Lamb isn’t taking anything from him.

Philly can’t use Dez though, we have 4 receivers right now and 3 are Dez archetype. Part of the reason we took the most anti-Dez WR in the first.

but I do think he has good football left and can give someone 600+ yards next year of quality production. Jones would benefit a lot by having him in NY

Dez and Garrett reunion? Interesting! I do think he’ll end up somewhere and like you said 600 and maybe 5 scores in a limited role at a reasonable cost. Could be worth the risk!

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dez was always a pipe dream. He was highly critical of Dak in the couple seasons they played together, and the team seems to want to move on from that era of players ie. Witten.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I think Reagor was a bit of a reach at this point, but I get why the Eagles took him.

I can’t disagree, I don’t watch a lot of college football. But tell me that doesn’t remind you a little of decade-younger Djax:

Or dedicated deep threats the last 3 seasons were injured Djax, IR Mike Wallace, and irrelevant Torrey Smith. I’d say this pick wasnt BAPON, you’re right. It was BAPBOF. Best available player based on fit, which is what Howie was talking up every time someone brought up Jefferson or Aiyuk being on the board.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Biggest Dez fan on here. With that said, I never wanted him to come back. Esp not in the role they would have offered him.

erod

Reaction score
Drew Pearson had a better chance than Dez of coming back.

They were long tired of that act.

nobody

Reaction score
I can’t disagree, I don’t watch a lot of college football. But tell me that doesn’t remind you a little of decade-younger Djax?

Or dedicated deep threats the last 3 seasons were injured Djax, IR Mike Wallace, and irrelevant Torrey Smith. I’d say this pick wasnt BAPON, you’re right. It was BAPBOF. Best available player based on fit, which is what Howie was talking up every time someone brought up Jefferson or Aiyuk being on the board.

It will be interesting to see, and I bet there will be a lot of comparisons in the near future between Lamb and Reagor just because of the division rivalry. However I think Lamb is definitely a better receiver at this time. Who knows how they'll both transition to Pro?

RS12

Reaction score
Of all the thousands of topics over the years, I never understood why this was a topic. He was in deep decline before he blew out his Achilles and sat out a year. As has been said many times if you are going to dream, then dream big I suppose. I do wonder about his finances and what it has to do with wanting to return.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see, and I bet there will be a lot of comparisons in the near future between Lamb and Reagor just because of the division rivalry. However I think Lamb is definitely a better receiver at this time. Who knows how they'll both transition to Pro?

I had a gif but can’t get it to work for Djax comparison

Lamb was the superior prospect, but that’s how the draft works. The better teams get the lesser guys :thumbup:

nobody

Reaction score
I had a gif but can’t get it to work for Djax comparison

Lamb was the superior prospect, but that’s how the draft works. The better teams get the lesser guys :thumbup:

I think Dallas is the better team talent-wise, but last season the Eagles were the better coached team. lol

SSoup

Reaction score
He bleed blue and might not want to play for a division rival....but
Are you under the impression Dez was offered good deals by the Giants and Commanders and Eagles and chose to remain unemployed out of loyalty to us?

Because I'm 1000% convinced the opposite is true. After we cut him, he was hoping for one of our division rivals to sign him so he could play us and make us pay twice a year out of pure hate and spite. Many reports indicated as much. He thought he was gonna team up with Beckham in NY and murder us twice a year.

nobody

Reaction score
Are you under the impression Dez was offered good deals by the Giants and Commanders and Eagles and chose to remain unemployed out of loyalty to us?

Because I'm 1000% convinced the opposite is true. After we cut him, he was hoping for one of our division rivals to sign him so he could play us and make us pay twice a year out of pure hate and spite. Many reports indicated as much. He thought he was gonna team up with Beckham in NY and murder us twice a year.

I'm not under any impression. He was he was mad and felt betrayed at the time then. Would he feel the same now? I don't know. It was merely speculation.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t think so. You still have a need for that Witten-type, ‘third and goal from the 3’ inside slant body. He was never going to be that outside dynamite 50/50 ball guy if he came back, so Lamb isn’t taking anything from him.

Philly can’t use Dez though, we have 4 receivers right now and 3 are Dez archetype. Part of the reason we took the most anti-Dez WR in the first.

but I do think he has good football left and can give someone 600+ yards next year of quality production. Jones would benefit a lot by having him in NY
With Lamb I dont think the fit is their for Dez. Dez is an outside guy. If Dez was added, he would play outside when he is on the field with Cooper sliding to the slot. Now that will be Lamb. If we had Juedy, or a different more natural slot WR, then Dez may have been more of a consideration. But they are going to have Lamb do whatever they were going to ask Dez to do

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Our receivers last year were big and slow ‘go up and get it’ JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Mack Hollins, and Alshon Jeffery.

we needed the opposite of Dez. Once Desean went down, everyone knew Agholor couldn’t catch a cold so all safeties came in as we had no deep guys. We were essentially 5 TE’s wide. Dez would just be a 6th.

We took what we Desperately needed in the first round (not saying it wouldn’t have been Lamb if he was there). But there were clear reasons we needed Reagor over Jefferson
Ya I dont see Dez as a fit for you guys at all. You guys need player that play slot and develop intona player that can play all three positions. Reagor, Jefferson, and Aiyuk were the right guys.

I always though Mims would have been playing the long game. Taking a guy that might not fit immediately, but should develop into a work horse

dfense

Reaction score
Dez has been out of football for a couple years, tore his Achilles and burned down the house when he left. Any chance of him playing again is going to come from another team and there he is at home on twitter.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Ya I dont see Dez as a fit for you guys at all. You guys need player that play slot and develop intona player that can play all three positions. Reagor, Jefferson, and Aiyuk were the right guys.

I always though Mims would have been playing the long game. Taking a guy that might not fit immediately, but should develop into a work horse

we also needed the returner with sproles retiring, we can’t have our feature back do that every game anymore either