Nakobe Dean Snub

When I say "drought" I'm referencing a SB. I'm not referencing a conference championship or a SB loss. I highly doubt he went to the Raiders because of their rich history in 2002 but I could be wrong.
I think that's all irrelevant.

Cowboys might have about a 2 year window. Raiders are starting a rebuild that if done right could make them relevant for several years.
 
They lost to the Bucs in the super bowl in 02. So he was 2 the last time they were super bowl contenders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, as I posted well after my original post I did not remember that

Your exclamation marks did nothing and I still don’t remember the raiders in the Super Bowl….granted I was in college and drinking heavily at that time soooooo
 
The Cowboys are just another team now, there's nothing special about the Star on the helmet anymore.
 
I think that's all irrelevant.

Cowboys might have about a 2 year window. Raiders are starting a rebuild that if done right could make them relevant for several years.
Raiders don't even have a window lol. He went here for the money and because Quay was going. It's not as deep as you guys are trying to make it out to be. I'm telling you these players don't care about winning like you guys think they do.,

I've literally seen guys out at clubs right after getting their ***** whooped that same night. Trevon Diggs specifically.
 
But the Raiders is where you go for a ring and a hot career.?

I mean just look at Myles Garrett. He said he’s tired of losing and wants to be traded. Browns make him highest paid and he loves it there now lol.
I always thought this also, but if I was to consider moeny and I was a somewhat good to great player would I not consider the bright lights and commercial opportunities of the Cowboys and their franchise.

Best facilities. Top players earn extra income on the side.

Why is there a dearth of top coaches and top players not choosing the Cowboys?

It can only be a couple of reasons.

1. Jerry is cheap. Not a bit cheap, but market setting cheap.

2. Nobody can stomach coming to the Cowboys unless they pay them through the nose because the facilities, notariety and the economic opportunity is not enough to change their minds about how they feel about the team.
 
Yes, as I posted well after my original post I did not remember that

Your exclamation marks did nothing and I still don’t remember the raiders in the Super Bowl….granted I was in college and drinking heavily at that time soooooo
They absolutely did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They gave me the fun of typing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every poster on here has there little thing. Mine is multiple exclamation points. Picking at that is kinda weak.
 
I always thought this also, but if I was to consider moeny and I was a somewhat good to great player would I not consider the bright lights and commercial opportunities of the Cowboys and their franchise.

Best facilities. Top players earn extra income on the side.

Why is there a dearth of top coaches and top players not choosing the Cowboys?

It can only be a couple of reasons.

1. Jerry is cheap. Not a bit cheap, but market setting cheap.

2. Nobody can stomach coming to the Cowboys unless they pay them through the nose because the facilities, notariety and the economic opportunity is not enough to change their minds about how they feel about the team.
Someone said it recently on the radio I think about Sean Payton. Sean Payton said you coach in New Orleans you are known in the US. You coach the Cowboys you are known worldwide. I'm not sure if it was meant as a compliment or what. Guess it depends who you are. A guy like Micah would love it. Bill Bellicheck probably would hate it.
 
Raiders don't even have a window lol. He went here for the money and because Quay was going. It's not as deep as you guys are trying to make it out to be. I'm telling you these players don't care about winning like you guys think they do.,

I've literally seen guys out at clubs right after getting their ***** whooped that same night. Trevon Diggs specifically.
I believe you. There are more young athletes who are more focused on the bag than ever before.

But Diggs was an idiot and you can tell by early articles about Gilmore trying to help him that he was very immature.

What I don't understand is why we can't get more younger adn mature players to come to the Cowboys. It seems that when your career is on the edge of the cliff of ending you go and sign with Dallas and the fans all cheer about getting players on a good deal or the last comments I saw here is our posters commenting on what a good deal we are getting Gary at.

Who cares about the price we need him to play up to his potential, not cheer about the price discount.

???
 
Raiders don't even have a window lol. He went here for the money and because Quay was going. It's not as deep as you guys are trying to make it out to be. I'm telling you these players don't care about winning like you guys think they do.,

I've literally seen guys out at clubs right after getting their ***** whooped that same night. Trevon Diggs specifically.
I know, if you're read more closely you see that I said "if done right". No idea if they have the FO to do it right.
 
Yes, as I posted well after my original post I did not remember that

Your exclamation marks did nothing and I still don’t remember the raiders in the Super Bowl….granted I was in college and drinking heavily at that time soooooo
:laugh:I don't remember either lol. I was in high school.
 
I believe you. There are more young athletes who are more focused on the bag than ever before.

But Diggs was an idiot and you can tell by early articles about Gilmore trying to help him that he was very immature.

What I don't understand is why we can't get more younger adn mature players to come to the Cowboys. It seems that when your career is on the edge of the cliff of ending you go and sign with Dallas and the fans all cheer about getting players on a good deal or the last comments I saw here is our posters commenting on what a good deal we are getting Gary at.

Who cares about the price we need him to play up to his potential, not cheer about the price discount.

???
I'll say this about Diggs. I did not see this early on. He went Hollywood it seemed after he got here. He use to come across as one of the more humble Diggs brothers but then he just flipped. I don't know if it was the criticism that came with a Cowboy or what but he couldn't handle it. These young guys are different these days but some guys just breathe, sleep football. I think there's a lot of defensive guys in this draft that fit that bill.
 
I know, if you're read more closely you see that I said "if done right". No idea if they have the FO to do it right.
I read it and just because you said it doesn't make me take the statement any different. "If done right" is what they said when Geno and Pete Carroll got there. A year later cut and fired. So yeah if done right still has to be done. And as bad as it's been the last 30 years.......if the Cowboys have a "2 year window" it's more than the Raiders have had the past 20 years and in the near future until proven otherwise.
 
Someone said it recently on the radio I think about Sean Payton. Sean Payton said you coach in New Orleans you are known in the US. You coach the Cowboys you are known worldwide. I'm not sure if it was meant as a compliment or what. Guess it depends who you are. A guy like Micah would love it. Bill Bellicheck probably would hate it.
My feelings are he hated the Cowboys because it wasn't all about football.

The fact that Jerry stated he and the office staff were walking on eggshells around Bill tells me he was counter to their culture.

There was stuff I didn't like about Parcells. Openly derogatory and physical with players and coaches, but you could never fault the guy for not wanting to win.

There was someone who told me he lost respect for Bill because he felt Parcells quit on the team.

Now years later, I have a theory around that. Bill was exhausted trying to change the franchise's culture. Trying to undo the cultural damage Jerry had done with his Johnson comment, rallying his sycophants around him, acting like a dictator on football decisions.

It possibly burned Parcells out just working in that environment and working with the players who were attracted to being a Dallas Cowboy.
 
These young guys are different these days but some guys just breathe, sleep football. I think there's a lot of defensive guys in this draft that fit that bill.
Well we better find a way to get a ******** of these players here becasue the formula we have is not working.

It's not an opinion. You just have to look at the scoreboard.
 
Someone said it recently on the radio I think about Sean Payton. Sean Payton said you coach in New Orleans you are known in the US. You coach the Cowboys you are known worldwide. I'm not sure if it was meant as a compliment or what. Guess it depends who you are. A guy like Micah would love it. Bill Bellicheck probably would hate it.
Hey I posted a response, but realized I misread the Bill you were talking about.

That aside I still think that Bill P and Bill B would feel the same way about the Cowboys.
 
I don't have to craft an anti-Dallas story as there are plenty of them out there.
Do yourself a favor...look up the meaning of "similar." Similar doesn't exclusively mean less. The Eagles have lost players every year..most teams do.
Stoutland's o-line play was bad last season. If the players are falling like rocks, I would think both Lane Johnson and Landon Dickerson would have retired if the the culture was that bad.
They Eagles got lucky and barely won some games.
Similar isn’t used in this context if it is the same or more. Learn what writers say.

The Eagles suck and you're not fooling anyone
 
They absolutely did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They gave me the fun of typing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every poster on here has there little thing. Mine is multiple exclamation points. Picking at that is kinda weak.
Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
476,225
Messages
14,673,676
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top