Name 3 Players You're Excited About in 2006

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Ware-I'm hoping he inproves over his rookie year and doesn't have a sophomore slump.

Ayodele-I can't wait to see if he can fill the void.

TO-Hey, look.....we have a WR thats one of leagues best again....what did it take? 6 or 7 years?

Big things this year from our offense, and an even more improved defense.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Akin Ayodele — The run defense depends on his play at the top tackle-making position.

Kyle Kosier — If he can't handle the inside pass push, then Bledsoe will not be able to take advantage of all the wonderful receiving targets we have. (This also falls on Al Johnson and Marco Rivera, but I know a little more about what they can do.)

Julius Jones — 198 yards, 194 yards WHEN healthy ... enough said.

Oh, was this supposed to be three guys we're excited about, or three we're anxious about? :)

ejthedj

Reaction score
Can it be four since we run the 3-4?

Then, Brady, Akin, Ware, Carp

If it has to be three, then...

Julius, Barber, TT
TO, TG, PG
Or, my fav, Canty, Spears, Stanley

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
1) Ware

2) T-New

3) Roy Williams(as long as the other Safety spot is fixed and they can let him loose) If that doesn't happen, I have to say Carpenter.

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
1) TO: If he behaves and comes to play he is going to create all kinds of problems for opposing defenses.

2) Julius Jones: It's no secret that Parcells loves to run the football, and if JJ can stay healthy an entire season he will be a major component in this offense.

3.) DeMarcus Ware: If he makes major strides this summer he could be a dominant force and the leader of this defense in just his 2nd season.

~The Answer

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
Pattycakes Watkins
Roy Williams
Julius Jones
Skyler Green

Woops thats 4! tehehe :starspin

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
I'm excitied about having a "healthy" Eagles team ...that alone is an upgrade from last year.

Defense:

DT Broderick Bunkley
DT Ed Jasper
DE Jevon Kearse
FS Brian Dawkins
DE Trent Cole (special mention)

Offense:

QB Donovan McNabb
OT Winston Justice
WR Jabar Gaffney
QB Jeff Garcia (special mention)

Special Team:

KR Jeremony Bloom

ravidubey

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
I'm excitied about having a "healthy" Eagles team ...that alone is an upgrade from last year.

Defense:

DT Broderick Bunkley
DT Ed Jasper
DE Jevon Kearse
FS Brian Dawkins
DE Trent Cole (special mention)

Offense:

QB Donovan McNabb
OT Winston Justice
WR Jabar Gaffney
QB Jeff Garcia (special mention)

Special Team:

KR Jeremony Bloom

No doubt you guys will be better than you were last year.

For the life of me I can't understand why Philadelphia did not go after Javon Walker. They could have had him before Denver made it's crazy trade with San Fran and got all those extra picks.

Another thing is how after all this time they are still giving Buckhalter serious consideration. Get a real every-down back and move on. I could say the same thing about our own team and the Free Safety/Right Tackle positions, but this season we at least tried to address those spots.

superpunk

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

Both the Cowboys and Giants are looking forward to that, as well. Both teams were hit nearly as bad along the starting line as the Eagles, and both still managed to finish with decent records. Being healthy is big for 3 of the 4 NFC East teams this year. The Skins were about as healthy as you can be last year.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Both the Cowboys and Giants are looking forward to that, as well. Both teams were hit nearly as bad along the starting line as the Eagles, and both still managed to finish with decent records. Being healthy is big for 3 of the 4 NFC East teams this year. The Skins were about as healthy as you can be last year.

We had injuries along our defensive line (Griffin and Salave'a) and secondary midseason, which contributed to a 3 game losing streak. At that time we were getting no pressure on the quarterback whatsoever.

Then we lost Randy Thomas during the second Dallas game and that hurt through the playoffs.

Then Brunell got hurt against the Giants and he went back to his "Mr Hyde" form.

To me its more a matter of being able to have quality depth at positions where you do suffer an injury, so that the injury doesn't become back-breaking.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Mine are:

Demarcus Ware - We saw glimpses last year of what an impact he can have on games! This year, with a year under his belt and better knowledge of the defense, lookout!!

Julius Jones - After injury shortened season his frst two years I'm anxious to see JJ on the field for all 16 games. If this happens, this team could go a LONG ways!

Terrell Owens - Like him or not, TO is perhaps the most gifted WR in football! He makes an opposing defensive coordinator gameplan for him, stretches the field and is a big play waiting to happen.

To me, if these three guys have BIG years, we'll be in the playoffs and perhaps more!