Name a former Dallas Cowboy player you believe is the most underrated

Swanny

Reaction score
Greg Ellis. He was good but hated because of Randy Moss

Dat Nguyen was a really good LB and nobody talks about him

Doug Free

Flozell Adams

Richie Anderson. Only 1 season with the Cowboys. When he played for the Cowboys I learned how good this guy was and watched tape on his Jets career. This guy was an incredible football player.

John813

Reaction score
Underrated nationally? Darren Woodson, Harvey Martin

Underrated by Dallas fans?
Dat Nguyen. Undersized. Was a Thomas-lite LB.
Hotel Adams-got ragged on for his false starts but was partially deaf in his right ear. Was a very good LT.

Glover was a very good DT here. Never came close to that insane 2000 season with New Orleans, but was a great FA signing.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Terrence Newman.

Fans didn’t like him because he didn’t get picks but the guy was shutdown for years.
He is a two sided coin for me. Yes, he came in & was very good for a number of years.

I soured on him for two reasons. A) seemed he got cocky & started trying to be Deion which didn't go well B) I don't know what happened but he straight up wasn't trying in that 2009 playoff game against MN. Giving up uncontested routes, refusing to play hard nose run support. If memory serves it wasn't just this game but this was the one where it came to a boiling point for me.

CWR

Reaction score
Greg Ellis. He was good but hated because of Randy Moss

Dat Nguyen was a really good LB and nobody talks about him

Doug Free

Flozell Adams

Richie Anderson. Only 1 season with the Cowboys. When he played for the Cowboys I learned how good this guy was and watched tape on his Jets career. This guy was an incredible football player.
Coakley and Nguyen are both under rated imo. They did get some decent reviews in their day but that's about where it stopped.

Flozell was about to be run out of town when BP came on and made it one if his first orders of business getting him re-signed.

Free was crapped on sooo freaking much, but took a pay cut and was a solid player for us.