Name one decision this FO has made that worked

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He contributed playmaking on the D-Line. As a part time player in Dallas, and in only 9 games, he was 2nd on the team in tackles for loss and 3rd on the team in both QB sacks and QB hits.

The offsides were frustrating, but that was really one game, and a game we won. Don't exaggerate that into a suggestion it happened constantly and overrode any good he did.

He had 4 sacks in 9 games. Let's not turn other guys on the team not getting sacks into him doing well at getting sacks.

Just one game? He had 8 Offsides, Neutral Zone Infractions, or Encroachment penalties and 3 games with multiple penalties. It was consistent (or constant). However...nearly half of his QB hits did come from one game (the hapless Giants with Jones).

The defense allowed 4 points more per game after he arrived (not saying this was because of him). So, what exactly did bringing him in accomplish? He was just a guy.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Well, Define brilliant. I can think of good solid franchise decisions.

Grabbing Amari, since he is heads and tails better than any receiver available in 1st round of the draft.

No. Trading for Cooper without first negotiating a contract was dumb. Now he is a free agent.

Drafting LVE who everbody thought was a reach. Had a great rookie year.

Good player when healthy, but I don't know if we'll ever be able to depend on him, or if he will return to his prior form.

Drafting Zeke over Ramsey. Ramsey is a childish tool.

Using a rare #4 overall pick on a RB is moronic. RB's not only have the shortest lives of any position, but good ones can be found later in the draft. Now a huge part of the salary cap is committed also. Just a tragic mistake, despite Zeke being a great player. Trade up, Trade down, or pick a different player.

Let's not forget about Taco, or Gregory, or......

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could cite quite a few because, like all clubs, they make mistakes that sometimes overshadow the solid decisions.

Trading for Cooper, and I realize the long term of that is not known at this time, saved their 2018 season. On the other side of that coin is who thought they could be successful with that as their WR corps?
Trading for Quinn worked out nicely, he did his part.

And the one we can debate all day, promoting Moore and hiring Kitna. One was given the job to improve the QB and the other to improve the offense, mainly passing, and I'd say ranking #1 in total, #2 in pass and #5 in run and being the only team to be in the top 5 in all 3, he did his job admirably and incredibly, considering his experience level.

Not to give credit to Booger for getting better at his job is short sighted, he's much better than he used to be and changed out the voices that he listens to and responds. He's just not there all the way because he won't let his HC be the HC. And I do not see that changing.

Booger needs to change that "socks to jocks". He needs to get on that boat with his laptop and connection to his broker and be "locks to stocks". 30 years is plenty long enough to do one thing.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Let's not forget about Taco, or Gregory, or......

For every Taco there is a Prescott and a Xavier Woods. And for every Antwuan Woods role player we got for free the Division has a Olivier Vernon where a rival wildly overpaid for a FA for less production than we got from Quinn.

Its portfolio theory and our portfolio has done better than most teams in acquiring talent.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had 4 sacks in 9 games. Let's not turn other guys on the team not getting sacks into him doing well at getting sacks.

Just one game? He had 8 Offsides, Neutral Zone Infractions, or Encroachment penalties and 3 games with multiple penalties. It was consistent (or constant). However...nearly half of his QB hits did come from one game (the hapless Giants with Jones).

The defense allowed 4 points more per game after he arrived (not saying this was because of him). So, what exactly did bringing him in accomplish? He was just a guy.
I see you ignored tackles for loss …

lol - you say you aren't blaming him for the team allowing more points per game, yet you are using that to say that bringing him in didn't accomplish anything. That's pretty contradictory. For all you know he was a main reason the opponents didn't score even more after he came.

In the end, if he made more plays than the guys on the team before he came, that IS a contribution. It doesn't have to be All-Pro level to be a contribution, it just has to be better than they were getting.

Kaiser

Reaction score

And was brought in for the 5th DL spot to replace Tyrone Crawford. He has issues with penalties and run defense but 4 sacks taking backup snaps is like 12 sacks in a starting role.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

lol - you say you aren't blaming him for the team allowing more points per game, yet you are using that to say that bringing him in didn't accomplish anything. That's pretty contradictory. For all you know he was a main reason the opponents didn't score even more after he came.

In the end, if he made more plays than the guys on the team before he came, that IS a contribution. It doesn't have to be All-Pro level to be a contribution, it just has to be better than they were getting.
There is a lot more to football, especially on the line than making some plays.

And no, I am not blaming him. I am not saying he is responsible for the increase in points allowed. I am pointing out that things didn't get better with him.

We gave up resources for a rental. During that rental, the defense got worse and the team lost more games. How is that a good move?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I don't know why posters think drafting Martin was such a big deal, that's where he was supposed to go, late 1st round.

Taking Yosemite is a bigger deal to me but they had inside info on him.

I don't think it was a big deal to the fans but the fact that Jerry wanted Manziel so bad makes it show how he works.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Just give me one decision this team has made in the last 5 years, that was brilliant?

It'll take me a while to answer that one.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just give me one decision this team has made in the last 5 years, that was brilliant?

can you trust this clown show with the upcoming decisions

1. what to do with the Clapping Carrot
2. the Dak contract
3. the Cooper contract
4. the Byron Jones contract

you do bring up a good point

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

can you trust this clown show with the upcoming decisions

1. what to do with the Clapping Carrot
2. the Dak contract
3. the Cooper contract
4. the Byron Jones contract
I guess drafting Zeke and Dak and trading for Amari were just throwing darts at a wall decision process?

Hard to believe that.

And Wolf Hunter was a blown move?

His injury is disappointing but so is the Dak and Amari injuries.

Part of the game.

So I am unclear what you expect to be different.

This FO has done very well with managing the cap to extend our key talent..

a talent it never had before.

I am not sure how to agree with you.

You paint with a broad brush here.

If most of what is bothering you is the coaching hire process..

we have experienced this a few times in our past.

Expect the unexpected with this team.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a lot more to football, especially on the line than making some plays.

And no, I am not blaming him. I am not saying he is responsible for the increase in points allowed. I am pointing out that things didn't get better with him.

We gave up resources for a rental. During that rental, the defense got worse and the team lost more games. How is that a good move?
Did the defense get worse, or would it have looked even worse without Bennett?