Name one particular play by the Cowboys that you'll never forget

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1972 playoff game against 49ers 90 sec left Cowboys recover onsides kick and Roger goes to work . Runs the ball himself for a big gain hits the sideline pass at the 10 then connects with Ron sellers for game winning TD and we advance .

I was so upset we were losing my mom turned the TV off and removed the knobs had to go to the basement get needle nose plyers to get it back on or would have missed one of the greatest comebacks in franchise history . I was 11 and remember this vividly Roger hit Billy Parks with a TD before the game winner

Those were great days Im ready to see Dak win games like that . He has the tools
Thanks for sharing I actually forgot that. Love the Cowboys

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roger to Drew Pearson in Minnesota. The original Hail Mary.
Has to be in the top 100 plays in NFL history. But I also loved the play right before that too many have forgotten- Roger’s clutch 4th and 16 completion on the play right before the Hail Mary play was also unforgettable. Any Cowboys fan wanting to know how great Drew Pearson was, look at that play.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has to be in the top 100 plays in NFL history. But I also loved the play right before that too many have forgotten- Roger’s clutch 4th and 16 completion on the play right before the Hail Mary play was also unforgettable. Any Cowboys fan wanting to know how great Drew Pearson was, look at that play.
I need to look that up. I am ashamed to say I don't remember that one. In my defense, I was seven, you were your in your 50's....lol!!

mrmojo

Reaction score
The 4th down play on the Hail Mary drive, just great execution between Staubach and Pearson, I remember jumping out of my seat and saying man we have a chance. Without that play the game is over and no Hail Mary.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I need to look that up. I am ashamed to say I don't remember that one.
You can find it on YouTube by looking up the highlights of the Dec. 28, 1975 division round playoff win vs Vikings. It is one of the most underrated plays in Cowboys history. Down 14-10 in their own end of the field, 4th and 16, and Roger hits Drew Pearson on a 20 yard out route and Drew makes an unbelievable toe drag clutch catch for the first down. Next play was Hail Mary- game over.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's amazing that so many here remember the bad and not the good. That's why it's a good idea to stay away from the game day threads. :laugh:
I am one of the most positive people on the planet. But Smith dropping the ball in the end zone was devastating to me. Simply because I love this game of football.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Irvin's 2nd TD catch just before halftime in SB 27. That was the moment I believed. My first real SB championship, and in a way that - as a young boy playing football by myself in the front yard - I fantasized how the Cowboys would destroy the opposing team in one spectacular big play after another. It really was quite possibly the best day of my life.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
I don't know if this qualifies as it wasn't a single play. But Emmitt got lit up separating his shoulder against the G-Men and Nate Newton picking him up when he always fell after comes to mind..

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, that was definitely a downer. The play, and it wasn’t even a play because the game was over, was when Bob Lilly threw his helmet in the air after losing to Miami in the Super Bowl. The Cowboys hadn’t won one yet and he displayed the frustration of all of us.
N the fumble in that game that we recovered that they gave to the Dolts. Ick.

JayFord

Reaction score
Leon Lett running back a fumble in the Super Bowl

I never seen my dad jump up and down like a child in my life until that point....and I was running back from the living room to the bedroom trying to see it on both screens