Name one team worse than Dallas in free agency

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Mobinvans, Mar 14, 2019.

1. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

9,895 Messages
    7,298 Likes Received
    Some teams are worse because they do participate in free agency. Not all signings are good ones.

2. Falco78

Falco78 Well-Known Member

1,068 Messages
    901 Likes Received
    It has not yet worked though, enter the JG "It's a process" garbage....

3. Wichitaleafs

Wichitaleafs Member

18 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    New England.

4. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

8,577 Messages
    5,091 Likes Received
    who dis?

5. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,921 Messages
    6,560 Likes Received
    Manning isn't their primary problem. Their OL is the primary problem and has been for years. When you have a QB that doesn't move combined with an OL that can't hold the pocket, the offense isn't going to work. Now they have draft picks and cap flexibilty next year to really rebuild and get younger. Adding Zeitler is a big upgrade.

Signing Collins and continuing to pay Beckham would have hamstrung them.

6. iceberg

iceberg rock music matters Zone Supporter

32,780 Messages
    5,740 Likes Received
    yea, ok. gonna just disagree and move on. if you're investing heavily in a young stud RB it's time to build around him. otherwise you're shooting for what, a 2 year window before you bring in a new qb? max?

7. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

4,349 Messages
    2,818 Likes Received
    BINGO

8. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

4,349 Messages
    2,818 Likes Received
    BINGO

9. Mobinvans

Mobinvans Well-Known Member

2,503 Messages
    4,096 Likes Received
    They must not believe in winning

10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

93,539 Messages
    18,614 Likes Received
    Dallas overpaying in FA in something they did in the past and fans whined about that as well. Dallas over paying for guys who seem never to live up to the billing is not how they will get to a championship. It is a good way to lose key players we have and need to get them taken care of.

11. Gremell12

Gremell12 Member

93 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    Yeah, id limit his snaps but the upside could be sean lee esque.

12. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

13,808 Messages
    6,957 Likes Received
    As much as i hate it, its working.

And i say hate because i dont want him coaching this team. When you have the second most wins in the league during this specific group of players time somethings gotta be working.

13. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

6,803 Messages
    7,264 Likes Received
    I'm actually going to say we're one of the best at free agency. We don't spend crazy, but we're assembling a very good team, and maintaining homegrown talent is critical.

Doomsday101 likes this.
  14. Falco78

Falco78 Well-Known Member

1,068 Messages
    901 Likes Received
    He has just been given more time during that as our complete dumpster fire GM keeps allowing him to stay

15. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

3,010 Messages
    1,838 Likes Received
    That's true, and I agree to a large degree, but JJ needs to remember what happened when he got Haley and Deion, and to a lesser extent guys like Novacek (lesser as in how much they got paid). Sure they cost $$$ but it made the team great. Don't just stay out of free agency entirely, as they pretty much have this year, when you have noticeable weak spots such as DT and OG.

No team can totally build a SB contender through the draft, not enough picks each year, this isn't the 1960's, with 12 rounds or such. Drafting 1 or 2 really good players a year it would take a team so long to build up that by the time the last few players got on board some of the first ones would have gotten hurt or left in free agency because the cap wouldn't allow you to pay them all..

Furboy likes this.
  16. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

6,803 Messages
    7,264 Likes Received

Oh, no doubt. We certainly need to do a better job in being more balanced with our approach and be a bit more willing to bring in better talent. My point was that saying that we're the worst or one of the worst is a bit of a mischaracterisation of what we are doing. Especially since some seem to forget the big contracts that are soon to be due. Additionally, the FAs we've brought in are quite good and don't cost too much. That's a good balance to me.

LACowboysFan1 likes this.