Name One Thing This Defense Does Well

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually, when it comes to third down conversions, only the Patriots have been better. :rolleyes:

The Cowboys have only allowed 25% of them to be successful. New England is at a ridiculous 14%.

The Atlanta Falcons allow 56% of third downs to be converted.
That took some effort to find the rose in the weed patch!
I do like the fact that they seem to keep the scoring down in the second half, usually.
Despite that, the long drives consume clock time from the offense.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, this defense actually does do a lot of things well, including

-Letting the RB run for 20+ yards/allowing big holes
-Allowing 3rd and 4th down conversions
-Getting pass interference calls
-Shooting themselves in the foot
-Not getting turnovers
-Letting QB’s take shots downfield
-Tripping on themselves when trying to tackle someone.

So this team does a lot of things well. Gosh dang it, give them credit :banghead:!
Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9of11

Reaction score
Nothing! Our players are regressing under the current defensive coaching staff....just like we changed out our O-coordinator we should have done the same with the defensive coaching staff. Should have switched to Kris Richard and see what he's got...but noooooo....just like Jerry has a soft spot for JG, he has the same problem with Rod M. We have talented players, we just dont have the coaches to maximize that talent. Right now the players are playing off of their talent....the coaches bring nothing.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ahhhhhhh, got it!!!! They come up w/ Nancyboy nicknames better than anyone like ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Well to be fair, they're just fixing to really start playing so now we'll see what they are made of...

Sydla

Reaction score
They are really really good at not creating turnovers.

I mean they have it down to a science on how to scheme and play defense with zero chance of creating turnovers on their own.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
What exactly does this defense do well? I can not think of one single thing. It surely isn't forcing turnovers. We don't tackle well. Minimal pressure on the QB. We aren't aggressive. Every single coach/QB knows our defense and they know we don't adjust. Secondary never makes any plays at all. Especially on the ball. Safeties are probably the worst in the league. So many bone headed plays. They do nothing to help this offense. I know they have a lot of issues and everyone focuses on them but this defense is downright pathetic and have been for years. Their goal is to keep everything in front of them. We don't create turnovers to flip the field and change momentum. And actually scoring themselves? That is a foreign concept to this defense. Even if we force a punt, the offense every single drive has to drive 3/4 of the field or longer. That is not a recipe for success. We don't force quick 3 and outs.

And I think you can lump the special teams in this. They are also horrible. Punter/kicker are terrible. We can't return kicks or punts at all. And even if we do, they are usually called back. This offense always has a daunting task in front of it and that is to drive the ball the length every dang time.

This secondary after playing the likes of Eli, Keenum, Rosen/Fitz, Darnold, we have one single interception. And that was off a dropped pass deflection by Tedd Ginn. We are at the bottom of the league year after year in interceptions.

I might be missing something so someone help me out.

As Horschack would say, Oh oh oh oh

Give up points?