Name One Thing This Defense Does Well

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Why do you think even the most spare QBs look effective against us? Because they know exactly what to expect every snap. Even the most inept QB in terms of NFL standards can carve up a defense if he knows exactly what that defense will be every snap and knows he will not have to worry about anything exotic or adjustments or deception. And it also helps when he knows the DL won't deliver much pressure at all. Because heaven forbid we send any types of blitzes to keep them off guard or even show blitz and back off. We do zero to disguise and that is the name of the game at this level.
I'm agreeing with you,pal:flagwave:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
In all fairness, why did so many tout this D so much during the off season and think it was going to be the difference maker? I didn't see it. Quinn was a nice addition but they were a mid level D the previous season and haven't been good at turnovers since 2014. They didn't get pressure enough, they played BDBD and still broke.

Many assumed the players that looked good, Smith, LVE, Collins and the Woods would get better. They got gutted in LA, what did they do to fix that? Draft Hill because Marinelli had a relationship with his former HC and developed one with the player?

Booger and Garrett like Marinelli, and I do to as a man. But I've not seen it as a coach and still don't get Richard. I can't get my head past the fact his former HC, a D guy, didn't want him to rebuild their D.

The definition of coaching is putting your players into their best possible situation to succeed. Well, something doesn't fit. It's either coaching or talent or sadly, both.

And I am not ragging on those that were positive about the D. As fans, we are easy self sells and look for the opportunity to do that. Just like some have sold themselves that the next HC, should there be one next year, will be better and more successful than this one.

• It was not a reach to expect our two young LBers would take their game to the next level, hell LVE made All pro as a rookie. They both dominated all last year......UNTIL the Rams game and honestly speaking, neither ones been the same since. I remember Jaylon saying after the game how the Rams pre-snap motions forced them to their eyes rather than instinct which of course slowed their reaction time.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think they do a good job on 3rd and 10+

They play 3-2-6 and blitz one of the LBs, mostly JSmith.